Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Magic Puzzle Order
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:21 am 

Hi puzzlers!

I will be constructing some magic puzzles the next days, mostly for IPP exchange reasons (my academic duties are much less at this stage, which gives me the chance to do some stringing!).

If anyone wants to order any one (or more) of my magics, please PM me before the end of next weekend, (i.e. 14th of October), as I prefer to make many magics together to save time.

Prices would be something like $8 per double stringed tile (e.g, a 9-tile Secret of Atlantis should be $72 excluding shipping). Remember, these are not factory produced magics, but custom made. Especially the odd-numbered tile magics are recommended!

You may find my magics listed here:
viewtopic.php?t=7141

There will be no extensions to this deadline (14th of October) as in the next few months I will be forced to concentrate on my Thesis writing and my visit to Singaporean Universities.

Thanks! :)

Pantazis

PS Some magics are not available, e.g. the HUGE memory cube, which would require 54 tiles!!! (but it could be available if you are prepared to wait for long long time LOL).

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:43 am 

I would love to have the megatwinx, how much it'll cost.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:49 am 

Simon45 wrote:
I would love to have the megatwinx, how much it'll cost.
Thanks

I am only offering magics right now. Besides, the Megatwinx is an extremely easy mod to make. Just get two chinese megaminx take out one corner piece and glue them together. The tiles are strong enough to hold it forever.

ferrari wrote:
I think a magic dino cube would be awesome, since i cant afford the real thing. lol

ferrari wrote:
how much would it cost me for a magic dino cube?

A Magic Dino Cube is made of six (double) tiles with double stringing. So according to what I said in my post $8 x 6 tiles = $48.

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:13 pm 

How much would shipping be to the United States?

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:36 pm 

Noah wrote:
How much would shipping be to the United States?

Airmail is around $10, and registered (safe way) around $20. If the order is big, I usually waive the postage costs.

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:04 pm 

Many thanks to all the people who have closed a deal with me! :)
I will keep you updated with photos very soon. My plan is to have everything made *and* shipped before the end of this month.

There will be no more orders (unti next time) because the tiles are already all reserved. And I could order more tiles, but as stated, my time is limited right now.

One thing I am thrilled about is that despite having double the number of tiles I had in last year's order (i.e. 300 tiles), people showed some huge interest. I hope you will like my puzzles!

After this, on my spare time, I will mainly focus on the triaflip, and (maybe) some other mathematical puzzle.

:)

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:04 pm 

Update:

Just to let everyone know, I am currently making those magics and have completed around 1/4 of the total work. The order involves 7 people from the IPP (three have already paid) and 9 people from this forum.

There is no problem making all of them, except the 6-tile magics (magic maze, craze, daze, and dino).

Let me explain. I am always trying very hard to ensure top quality, and I always argue if there is something I am not happy about. I even did not sell some of my 6-tile magics at the IPP because I was not happy with the tightness of the strings (despite people insisting that they did not mind about it). As you know, the 6-tile magics require the secret cube move, which needs TIGHT stringing.

One of the things I am thinking as a solution is placing some carton tiles between the paper tiles which should work nicely. But it will require more work and time, and this issue might delay my efforts. So please be patient with me.

Regarding the 5-tile Throne of the Gods, I have warned people that YOU MUST KNOW how to string. Otherwise performing the three secret moves can easily lead to one string out which can be quickly fixed only if you know how. Otherwise, PLEASE do not make attempt. It is an attractive puzzle, even without being solved.

I have found out that tightness doesn't matter. In fact, in this case, less tight is better when performing the moves as it won't stretch too much the strings.

The rest of the magics are ok. But remember, just like all magics (rubik's, mine etc) you must be GENTLE with magics, otherwise the strings could come off or break. And I would happily fix any of them if something bad happens. But please do not ask me to pay for the postage LOL.

That's about it. Below is the first bunch of Throne of Gods which is ready.

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:31 am 

Just another interesting update! ;)

Almost all puzzles should be ready soon, EXCEPT the ones which are 6-tile.
For those who have ordered, there are two options.

1. You could wait until I have everything ready and I will send them all together.
2. I could send the ready ones now , and later when the 6-tile magics are ready, I will send a second package

Obviously option Nr 1 is my favourite, but if you are in a hurry, I could do option Nr 2. The reason the 6-tile ones construction is delayed, is because I want better (i.e. tighter) strings, to safely perform the much needed "secret cube move". I have taken care of this, as I have already ordered new strings.

Note an extra parameter:
I have also made another neat 6-tile magic based on European football (soccer), which is called Magic World Cup. Soon I will post some photos of it. And since I willl be soon making many 6-tile magics (around 15!), please let me know if you also want a copy of that puzzle.

Pantazis

PS I also took the chance to order some capillary to make strings with custom lengths, which will be needed for the much delayed triaflips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:08 am 

Here is some latest update.

I have tried a few different sources for strings, and should have some news (not the strings) by the end of this month.

Because of this, if there is no string arrival soon, I have decided to use 2-3 Simpson's magics (I had for collection) to make some 6-tile magics for the large orders.

Other than that, I have received some really good capillary from the chinese seller rubik, and if I see I am getting late, I will use the capillary to make my own tight strings.

I apologise for the ongoing delay, but time is too tight for me as I am performing multiple tasks, all of which have tight deadlines (including marking 342 3rd year engineering exam papers!!!)

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:04 pm 

Thanks Pantazis!!

Honestly, If my order is taking this much time, I can understand if it's delayed a bit more.

I don't know how many more you have to go through, with mine and others, but work comes first. I don't have a problem if it's not done by the end of the year.

I'm not speaking for others, but you don't have to rush my order. ;)

Cheers!

reeeech