Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: VADASZ CUBES-SPECIAL ORDER-WHO WANTS ONE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:21 am 

Well, I found out some information on the Vadasz puzzles. There are five different versions and it looks like I can get a bulk order sent to the U.S. My question is, how many people actually want these puzzles. They look like regular cubes, but they function differently. I believe the pieces slide verses you turning the sides. Here is what I can get them for.

2x2x2 $16.00

3x3x3 $13.00

4x4x4 $23.00

Special Rainbow 3x3 $15.00

Specail Rainbow 4x4 $25.00

Buy all 5 for $85.00 and save $7.00

This is what it will cost for me to get them to the U.S. You would have to pay this cost plus shipping to you. My guess would be $4.00 for up to 2 and $5.50 for 3 to 5. Obviously, more puzzles would cost more. I will ship internationally for actual costs. I am a collector and not a puzzle dealer. I have excellent ebay feedback and many of you have dealt with me or communicated with me. I am a regular to this site. If you want one of these puzzles please email me immediately as I would like to have a total by the end of next week (first week of march). If possible, would you be willing to pay half of your order now and the rest due when it arrives. These puzzles are coming from Europe so I can't guarantee that there won't be shipping delays, but I am trying to keep the costs down. Any questions, let me know.
Happy puzzling.

Post subject: Additional Info
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 12:21 am 

I have asked that those who are interested if they could pay half now. PLEASE do NOT send anything right now. I will post an update at the end of next week if there are enough people interested so we can get them at these prices. I don't want anything until I know that this is a go. Thanks

Post subject: Updated info and Answers to Questions
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 2:38 am 

Hi,
I currently after 1 day, am 25 puzzles short of being able to place this special order. Many people have some questions so I will answer most of them here.

1)Who am I getting these from?

I emailed 2 of the ebay sellers to find out where they got them. The one in the U.S. discovered them during travels to some toy/game stores. The German contact actually will be getting this order from an agent of the manufacturer. The person that I am dealing with is Andreas - ebay id rubiks4sale. He has been very willing to help us out. I trust him since he helped me with a trade once before. Many of you have won something from him or know of his "Rubik's From Home" auctions.

2)Andreas is trying to get the history on this puzzle and hopefully will have it this week.

3)What are these cubes retailing for? Are these bulk prices a good deal?
Here are the prices that Andreas said they currently retail for in Europe. I don't know why the 2x2 is more than the 3x3.

2x2 VADASZ for $19.95
3x3 VADASZ for $15.95
4x4 VADASZ for $31.95
Special Rainbow Coloured 3x3 VADASZ for $19.95
Special Rainbow Coloured 4x4 VADASZ for $31.95

4)If this deal goes through. I plan on paying Andreas. He will drive over to the manufacturer and pick up the cubes and should be able to mail them off within 2 days of receiving the money which will be paid to him by paypal. I will double check with him again, but it sounds like he will get the order first and then ship them when he has the money. This would be great if the case.

5)Finally, on a personal note. I am not doing this for the money. I have been trying to find these puzzles at a reasonable price and have been unable to do so. I really don't have a desire to buy in bulk, especially overseas. However, I am willing to help anyone out who would like these puzzles at a great price. I am not trying to make a profit, but on the other hand, I do not want to lose anything by doing this. The prices I have posted on the twisty site are NOT the prices I will be paying for the puzzles. I added $2.00 to the prices to cover the cost of shipping from Germany to the U.S.A. I gave a discount on this if you order all 5 puzzles. If you live in Europe and would like these I will reduce the price, because Andreas will ship these directly to you. I don't know the total shipping costs yet until I know the final size of the order. However, 40 pounds to the U.S.A is $125 Air Parcel Post and $150.00 EMS. For only $25 more I would probably do the EMS option. That way I could hopefully have everyones puzzles shipped out within a week after paying me half. I will charge you actuall shipping raised to the nearest dollar. Any other questions please ask.

Post subject: Recommendations
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:24 am 

Dodd asked me, about one month ago, where I got my set of Vadasz Cubes. Unfortunately my source was in the U.S. and has since closed down. I have noticed that there is no apparent place elsewhere that is selling them since then. So I am glad to hear he has found another source.
So: For any of you who like a VERY well made, original hungarian cube Puzzle, even though this one is not the rotating but the sliding kind, I will give my recommendation to not let this chance of getting this full set pass you by. These Puzzles are great fun to handle and you will not regret adding them to your collections!

Post subject: UPDATE & HISTORY OF VADASZ CUBE AND SPECIAL ORDER
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:40 pm 

Currently, I need 13 more puzzles to place this special order. I received some info today from Andreas that has pretty much answered my final questions.

1)He is going to pay for the cubes when he picks them up. I am going to pay him once he already has them and it looks like EMS express shipping will be how they are shipped. I am going to request a picture of all these puzzles before I send him any money. That is good news for us, but I do trust him regardless based on previous dealings.

2)Andreas received the patient info and sent me a copy. However, it is in Hungarian so here is Andreas's translation.

I have some good news about the history of the Vadasz. I have received an official statement of the "patent agency" in Hungary about the Vadasz cube. I have sent it to you as an attachement...it is bad that it is in Hungarian but I translated here the main parts for you:

"...The patent was registered in 11. August 1994 and is valid from that date. The inventors or the persons applying for the patent are Mr Daniel Ablonczy and Jozsef Vadasz. The inventor of the cube was Jozsef Vadasz..."

Any questions please let me know. I hope we can make this happen.