Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Good Traders (or Bad)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:46 pm 

I wanted to make this thread because other forums of various genres with an area to sell things had one. Basically, post your good experiences with some people you have dealt with, or Bad Traders to warn others.

First off, I am in the middle of a Rubiks Studio Cube order with Dodd, and so far he has been really easy to communicate with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:47 pm 

I've done a bit of trading with people on this forum, and I have had no problems whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:30 pm 

Dodd is a great seller, he shipped very quickly. I highly reccomend him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:58 am 

8-) I do my best to keep everyone happy. I would trade with almost everyone here. The only exception would be a new person with no ebay experience either. I have not had a bad experience with anyone here in the past 5 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:54 pm 

In addition to Dodd, "Ed Cambridge" is also very much appreciated.

He helped us handling the orders of Gerdig UFO and Rainbow Cube etc..

He has done a great job as well. Thanks!!!

Post subject: sellers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:15 pm 

I've bought things from Dodd, nicky_uk, Stefan Pochmann, Ton Dennenbroek, and Mark Longridge. All the items were of good quality, and the shipping, etc., was handled in a professional manner.

Cheers,

David J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:11 pm 

People here are generally very easy to deal with. The puzzle community is a rather small one and people often see each other face to face, so it's not easy to cheat fellow enthusiasts without burning bridges.

When this place stops feeling like a small community or when a sudden outsider tries to start making hard sells of his merchandise, that's when things will be ugly until the problem is straightened out. I like having nothing negative to say about any users on the board. It's a far cry from many other boards where I don't use my real name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:35 pm 

hehe thanks to this thread/post, it helped me....

Just got a order from Mark Longridge... It took awhile, as he is a very busy man. But thanks to the replies in this help ease that wait lol. Not that I was ever worried as he always replied back to any email/questions I had. So here's a +1 to him.

Also the replies and comments regarding Dodd and Ed C helps - considering I haven't traded/swapped/bought from them before. But planning on soon with current orders. But it makes it easier with this community to help promote and assure that we are dealing with good/honest people.

I've dealt with Tony Fisher as well, but I'm sure we all know who he is.

I haven't dealt with everyone here, yet. But everyone that I have talked with seem pretty awesome. Got to say I'm glad I joined this site.

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:17 pm 

reeeech wrote:
I haven't dealt with everyone here, yet. But everyone that I have talked with seem pretty awesome. Got to say I'm glad I joined this site.

I couldn't agree more! :D

And I am not talking only about the people, but also about the unlimited (updated) information regarding puzzles and (sometimes) how to build them.

Of course, the administrators/moderators contribute to this friendly environment as well.
Awesome people, awesome puzzles, awesome information, awesome site! :)

Peter

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am 

Puckpuzzles is great. Great service and very fast posting. Ive also ordered off Ed Cambridge. He is a great seller. However I had bad experience with UKCubed off e-bay. I bought 3 fused cubes but he charged me double for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:36 am 

Joe Wallace wrote:
Puckpuzzles is great. Great service and very fast posting. Ive also ordered off Ed Cambridge. He is a great seller. However I had bad experience with UKCubed off e-bay. I bought 3 fused cubes but he charged me double for them.

i bought those fused cubes also and i had no problems i wonder what went wrong with yours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:29 pm 

w00ts to dodd! yeah dodd is great about priority. i got my cube within 3 days of sending my money order. highly recommended!

cubesmith "Jello33" is also good about orders. just not very fast, but he is busy and has a life like the rest of us. very friendly.

+1 Dodd
+1 Cubesmith "Jello33"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:46 pm 

I have taken puzzles from many people of this forum and all of them had been EXCELLENT!

Thanks to all for doing this forum our second home.. hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:52 pm 

I have also had great experiences with Dodd and Ed. Kudos to you guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:06 pm 

i had a superb transaction with PuzzleManiac. very very fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:42 pm 

Ed and Dodd are simply the best- they work hard, keep us informed of developments, do everything they can to keep puzzle and shipping costs down and then they have to keep track of everyones orders and pack all those boxes.And both Ed and Dodd ship FAST. Thanks guys!
:D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:57 pm 

nitro13 wrote:
Joe Wallace wrote:

i bought those fused cubes also and i had no problems i wonder what went wrong with yours

I'm not sure of what happened with UKCubed in your case either- in my case Tony Rooney of UKcubed has been very nice and fair and has also been very sensitive to shipping issues. I emailed him after a purchase on ebay about the packing of my item and he responded with a very friendly email, and was Very compassionate about the need to pack items carefully particularly when they're coming from overseas (I'd had some bad experiences with poor packing from other sellers). Tony also also emailed me again the next day to let me know my item had shipped. An all around nice fellow with good service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:47 pm 

I appreciate Dodd's help a lot.

To show my appreciation more practically, I provide him "Free Shipping & Handling" benefit whenever he purchase puzzles from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:07 pm 

UK Cubed charged me double for the items. I e-mailed to ask him if I had done something wrong with the order but he replied with a stroppy arrogant e-mail saying he'd done nothing wrong. If I did order the item twice I would of recieved two items but I was charged double for one item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:44 pm 

I have had very good experiences with everyone I purchased puzzles from, asked questions from, and sought guidance from . . . this sight has been a very informative and fun experience . . .
Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:45 pm 

ok, so I meant to say SITE, not SIGHT :oops:
Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:27 am 

had my first transaction with Adam Z!

really nice guy. easy to talk to. The Dice Cube came out really well, signed and all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:02 pm 

everyone i have dealt with here have been great. recently i have dealt with Reeeech, Darren Grewe and Jin H. Kim. all are excellent to deal with. fast payments. of course ED and Dodd are great and are a huge asset to this community. another person to mention is Mr. Mefferts, he has done alot for all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:58 pm 

i just had a great transaciton with "rubik" from his shop. great transaction. fast shipping from overseas, and great price (not counting shipping). i got two of these puppies, and they're great. i like them way better than rubik's 4x4's. much smoother, doesn't catch, lightweight, and it corrects itself if it's not perfectly lined up. durability, and longevity im not sure about yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:20 pm 

I like this topic, David - thanks for starting it... it's always good to see how other people have fared. I was surprised to see that someone had problems with UK Cubed... I've ordered from Tony there a few times and always found service excellent. Good email contact, great packaging and arriving a few days later.
Other pluses for Cubesmith (I just wish he'd do acknowledgement mails for receipt of orders! I always get edgy after the first week and start to think 'wonder if he got that?'.... that's just me though) and Italrubik, who I've bought a few items off through Ebay. Very quick delivery and funny emails ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:18 pm 

I just recieved my 6 and 10 tile magics in the mail.
I must say that Adam (Puzzlemaster42) did an incredible job with them. They far exceed my expectations.
Those are so cool the way the manipulate compared to the 4,8,12, and 16 tiled versions

-d