Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: another 3x3x3 "logic sticker variation"
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:26 pm 

Well, this is a configuration I came up with for the 3x3x3 cube. I am not sure if anyone has done this before, but if not, let's call this the "calcube I".

The background color should be white, the reason I placed the colors was to show that the six sides are divided into three pairs. Each pair consists of three simple math operations.

The maths operations may be simple, but figuring them out (while solving the cube) is definitely not easy...! 8-)
(I tried it on an experimental cube of mine)

For consisteny (regarding the number frequency), I have placed the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,8 four times, the numbers 0,6,7,9 three times, while there are five addition symbols and four multiplication symbols.
(Moreover, there are three centre pieces with a zero, and the other three have the multiplication symbol)

I hope you like it! :)

Peter

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:05 pm 

Wow, Peter, that is a very interesting sticker possibility. I can see where it would get confusing in a hurry.

Post subject: Re: another 3x3x3 "logic sticker variation"
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:10 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:

(Moreover, there are three centre pieces with a zero, and the other three have the multiplication symbol)

I hope you like it! :)

Peter

Hi Peter,

I like it...but "the other three have the multiplication symbol" if you hold the cube at a forty five degree angle. Outside of Australia those are called "plus signs". ;)

David J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:46 pm 

David J wrote:
kastellorizo wrote:
I like it...but "the other three have the multiplication symbol" if you hold the cube at a forty five degree angle. Outside of Australia those are called "plus signs". ;)

David J

Hi again!

You have just unveiled the structure of the... "Calcube II"!!! :D
(where diagonal operations use the plus sign as a times sign, while vertical/horizontal operations use it as a plus sign... and vice versa!)
But it may need some time to find and place the correct digits (which I don't have at the moment - maybe during the weekend?).

Sorry if I don't express myself correctly, I was raised in greece and my (australian) english are still under development...! :oops:

G'day from down under!!! (did I say it well? LOL)

Peter

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:19 pm 

Hi Peter,

kastellorizo wrote:
David J wrote:
kastellorizo wrote:

David J

Hi again!

You have just unveiled the structure of the... "Calcube II"!!! :D
(where diagonal operations use the plus sign as a times sign, while vertical/horizontal operations use it as a plus sign... and vice versa!)
But it may need some time to find and place the correct digits (which I don't have at the moment - maybe during the weekend?).

Sorry if I don't express myself correctly, I was raised in greece and my (australian) english are still under development...! :oops:

G'day from down under!!! (did I say it well? LOL)

Peter

That's OK, I was just pulling your leg. :)

The "Calcube II" idea is *very* cool.

When we don't understand something in America we say "It's Greek to me." I'm told that in Greece they say, "It's Chinese to me." The joke goes that in Poland they say "It's Polish to me," but I've been considering requesting bablefish to make an English to English translator...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Sometimes, I think we can all say "It's politics to me."

What do they say in Australia? "Unfair Dinkum?" LOL

G'day to you too, mate

David J