Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: THE RUBIK'S REVOLUTIONS HAVE HIT EBAY
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:05 am 
for those of you that haven't seen it, the damned things have hit ebay! the site says they haven't been released yet, byut they are on ebay! damn these things and how they are in the rubik's section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:12 am 

Are you sure they're not fake auctions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:17 am 
Swordsman Kirby wrote:
Are you sure they're not fake auctions?

im pretty sure. i could put a link up, but its agains the rules. not that i think anyone here thinks they have discovered a "hidden gem" with the revolutions

Post subject: Re: THE RUBIK'S REVOLUTIONS HAVE HIT EBAY
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:26 pm 

emr1028 wrote:
for those of you that haven't seen it, the damned things have hit ebay! the site says they haven't been released yet, byut they are on ebay! damn these things and how they are in the rubik's section.

How does the Rubik's Revolution work? Is it technically a puzzle?

Post subject: Re: THE RUBIK'S REVOLUTIONS HAVE HIT EBAY
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:44 pm 

emr1028 wrote:

To clarify, theyv'e been trickling into eBay for over a week but now they're showing up en masse. There's probably nothing fake about these auctions: plenty of promotional samples have been distributed, the toys themselves have been produced packaged and distributed, and they may already be on sale in other regions (I'm guessing).

Don't let 'em bother you. When you see them on eBay in the rubik's section, just take a deep breath and repeat the mantra, "This, too, shall pass..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:23 pm 

I'm sorry but why the big deal?
Rubik's has made them, so they are going to be sold, there is no avoiding that.
If you don't like them, don't buy one. I am getting a little peeved off by people complaining about them to be honest.....

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:32 pm 
Pembo wrote:
I'm sorry but why the big deal?
Rubik's has made them, so they are going to be sold, there is no avoiding that.
If you don't like them, don't buy one. I am getting a little peeved off by people complaining about them to be honest.....

it's not the product itself that's bothering me. what bothers me is when they say that it captures the essence of the cube. it just insults me, i don't know why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:19 pm 

emr1028 wrote:
it's not the product itself that's bothering me. what bothers me is when they say that it captures the essence of the cube. it just insults me, i don't know why.

So it just touches a raw nerve like nails on a chalkboard? (Do they even have slate chalkboards these days?)

It reminds me of a local grocery store that stocks the coffee with their baby food. (I don't know why!) I encountered a woman shopping for baby food who picked up a carton of coffee and angrily exclaimed, "What the [...] is this doing here!" She then accosted me (I was shopping for coffee), pointed at the shelves, and snapped repeatedly, "Do you see this? Do you see this!!"

I could tell she was offended and hurt so I tried to be polite, but I still don't know why it upset her so badly. It sure didn't bother me to find baby food in the coffee isle!

Okay, so it's not quite the same thing. But it's a funny (and true) story, and it illustrates that when something gets on one person's nerves, they can get on other people's nerves. Just to be clear, though, you are not being as bizarre as that woman was...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:35 pm 
VeryWetPaint wrote:
emr1028 wrote:

So it just touches a raw nerve like nails on a chalkboard? (Do they even have slate chalkboards these days?)

It reminds me of a local grocery store that stocks the coffee with their baby food. (I don't know why!) I encountered a woman shopping for baby food who picked up a carton of coffee and angrily exclaimed, "What the [...] is this doing here!" She then accosted me (I was shopping for coffee), pointed at the shelves, and snapped repeatedly, "Do you see this? Do you see this!!"

I could tell she was offended and hurt so I tried to be polite, but I still don't know why it upset her so badly. It sure didn't bother me to find baby food in the coffee isle!

Okay, so it's not quite the same thing. But it's a funny (and true) story, and it illustrates that when something gets on one person's nerves, they can get on other people's nerves. Just to be clear, though, you are not being as bizarre as that woman was...

haha thats a funny story. i don't think im the only person here offended by it though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:54 pm 

emr1028 wrote:
VeryWetPaint wrote:
emr1028 wrote:

haha thats a funny story. i don't think im the only person here offended by it though

You might just be. I am annoyed that it's supposed to be dominant to the cube. But we speedcubers know the difference between the true and non true puzzles... Heck, we are a nation of our own. Think about speedcubing as a whole: No racism, everyone is friendly. No matter what nation you are from, this common interest keeps us from fighting. I have yet to see anyone get seriously offended due to insults to ethnicity in the world of speedcubing, and I pray that it stays that way.

Oh, and just to show how individual we are, my spell checker in firefox says that speedcubing is a misspelled word. I refuse to correct it though, as it shows our individuality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:26 am 

How individual you are. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:22 am 

Swordsman Kirby wrote:
How individual you are. :P

I never said I wasn't. But you have to admit, anyone who can solve a cube is usually singled out in a crowd.

Unless it is a crowd of speedcubers anyways :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:49 am 

Oh no and for buy it now!!! How come none of the sales things people type say that they don't turn at all? Also, why cant people 106+ play with it? Are they ageist? I searched it on Ebay. Although the shiny stickers are attractive, and I would like my cube to have colored LEDs in the center pieces, but the revolution doesn't turn, and thus it is not a twisty puzzle.... Its a good addition to any bop-it and simon fanatics collection :D

3x3,4x4,pyraminx,square1,magic,puzzle pen, megaminx, alexanders star, supercube, and orb-it.

Visit my site! http://www.geocities.com/nrt2700/
Supercube solution on it!
Accidentally put a bad link :( its fixed now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:52 am 

I don't even consiter it a puzzle. It's a reflex/eye movement tester. Honestly I don't even think it's fun at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:57 am 

I don't know why they thought they had to make it look like a rubik's cube make it look like a simon and call it what it is.To end this threadd. Rubik's revolution sucks, it is not a puzzle it does not twist, and will fail miserably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:28 am 

bcp on pcp wrote:
I don't know why they thought they had to make it look like a rubik's cube make it look like a simon and call it what it is.To end this threadd. Rubik's revolution sucks, it is not a puzzle it does not twist, and will fail miserably.

Agreed. Plus, who would want to play with a revolution when you can play with an eastsheen 4x4!!!

And yeah, I don't call it a Rubik's revolution. Just a revolution. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:04 pm 

Tyler Wilkinson wrote:
bcp on pcp wrote:

Agreed. Plus, who would want to play with a revolution when you can play with an eastsheen 4x4!!!

I call it a-

Oops, can't say that on the forums :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:14 pm 

Tyler Wilkinson wrote:
bcp on pcp wrote:

Now imagine...

...a bunch of marketing men gathered in the board room declaring, "Gentlemen: we're sure Rubik's Revolution will be a hit, so we're already working on plans for a sequel Rubik's Revolting Revenge!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:13 pm 

Hmm. What a great idea! To play, you push random sides, and if it doesnt explode, then you won! Although they have got something with those revolutions! Why not have each cubie filled with all the necessary LED components (not very much at all) and they all are secured on a grid of metal track which carries electricity. The inside is hollow (like the void cube) and the center cubies are connected with things like cd player jacks allowing it to move. While you play with it it glows and flashes! YES! Why didn't the revolution people think of this if they invented a brilliant spin on the traditional cube!

EDIT: transparent cube! (with transparent gimmering stickers to carry glow!)

3x3,4x4,pyraminx,square1,magic,puzzle pen, megaminx, alexanders star, supercube, and orb-it.

Visit my site! http://www.geocities.com/nrt2700/
Supercube solution on it!
Accidentally put a bad link :( its fixed now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:35 am 

nate2007 wrote:
To play, you push random sides, and if it doesnt explode, then you won!

LOL

But that would definitely become popular among terrorist groups.

It also reminds me of what a friend of mine did while travelling by train in Singapore last December. The lights Out Cube, makes a distinctive sound when the button is pressed. What he did, is he pressed the buttons faster and faster and then even faster.

Looking at each other in some (deliberate) disbelief combined with the bright (bomb like) colors of the puzzle, and also together with the "about to explode" artificial sounds he made, was a very naughty thing to do.

I am glad he wasn't picked up by any of the train security guards...!

:P

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:07 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:
nate2007 wrote:
To play, you push random sides, and if it doesnt explode, then you won!

LOL

But that would definitely become popular among terrorist groups.

Pantazis

*Terrorist holds soldier captive*

"Push zee buttons! If eet doesn't explode, you ween!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:55 am 

I got my rubik's revolution. Pretty cool!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:56 am 

S.Rubiks wrote:
I got my rubik's revolution. Pretty cool!!!

Care to shed any light on this mysterious non twisty puzzle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 pm 

I haven't spent the time to figure out all the games yet. My 8 yr old son loves playing with it. I will put a copy of the instructions up that explain each of the games. The lights are indented in by one cube-length so it makes it difficult to see which light is lit. That I think isn't a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:07 pm 

Anyone live in NYC?

Did you catch NY1 news this morning?

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/Living/technology.jsp

Scroll towards the bottom... they talk about it briefly.