Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cubedron & Co
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 am 

By visiting the forum, I found out so many new and amazing puzzles.
The aim of my post is that I felt in love with the Cubedron by Pantazis and its by-products. I wanted to buy the aquadron and another non watered one, but i can't find any of these product on the Internet(except the cubedron). Even the Pantazis web store seems to be broken (http://mindstratpuzzles.com/shop.html).

Does anyone knows a place/website... where I could find it ? I precise I am french, so a European store would be the best.

Post subject: Re: Cubedron & Co
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:14 pm 

Pantazis still checks out this forum periodically. You may want to send him a private message.

They are definitely neat puzzles. If you look at the puzzles on twistypuzzles.com, I believe Sandy carries them as well. So it would help support this forum if you purchase one from him :) I don't believe the water filled one was ever produced commercially though, but Pantazis would know for sure.

-d

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:31 pm 

Jeremie, in case you didn't know: kastellorizo is Pantazis' member name.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:52 pm 

Konrad wrote:
Jeremie, in case you didn't know: kastellorizo is Pantazis' member name.

I discovered it a few minutes after my post...

Thank's for your advice Darryl I'll try pm. I hope I'll be able to find aquadron even if it's second hand. This one look so unfamiliar, and I love water games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:57 am 

Jeremie wrote:
I hope I'll be able to find aquadron even if it's second hand. This one look so unfamiliar, and I love water games.

I don't think they were every made and sold, other then perhaps a few prototypes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:09 pm 

Having worked with water-containing puzzles myself I would imagine that one difficulty in producing the aquadron commercially is it may be impossible to stop water gradually evaporating through the plastic and/or seal over time, leaving an ever growing air bubble, so I'm curious to know if Pantazis ever tested and solved this problem...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:45 am 

Hi Jeremie!

I took the store off-line, as this type of puzzle needs a new way to be marketed,
and also the 2009 mass produced batches (for Cubedron and Cybedron) have all
been sold. I believe though, Sandy still has some copies to sell.

Later on, despite a few TV (and other) commercials made for the second attempt
(the Oginov Tumbler, which is available on ebay), we still had trouble explaining
to the kids how the pyramids are supposed to turn (they were just jiggling them!).

There have been many prototypes (some have never been shown), while the
plans of shooting some new future batch is in the works, but again, patience is
needed. It may take months, it may even take a couple of years, but when it
happens, all will know.

Specifically regarding the Aquadron and the Krystalledron, they both are too beautiful
and (with the current "know-how") very easy to design, while the first one moves
extremely elegantly. So yes, I plan to mass produce them at some point,

And Kevin, with all your experience, you should know that there are actually many
ways (more than one) to have water contained puzzles without problems. As an example,
my original 2009 (wow... that is five years!) Aquadron is right here beside me, as glorious
as ever, and of course, as robust as ever. Maybe you should even see one with... helium! :lol:

For the same reason, I am not based in Australia any more, but I reside on the beautiful
island of Kastellorizo, while I travel frequently to Asia for making those plans come true.

Many thanks for the kind words!

:D

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:23 am 

Thank you so much for these precisions.
It's very helpful, and interesting in the way you have to proceed on your side of the market.

If I can't get the aquadron now, I think I will get the Oginov though.

Quote:
I reside on the beautiful island of Kastellorizo

mmh ! would you invite me once :D ? Even if i live near the sea in France I have never seen such beautiful landscapes.

It is off topic, but I'd like to know where you find the tiles to create the folding puzzles ? Concerning the thread, is it fishing one ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:59 pm 

Jeremie wrote:
Thank you so much for these precisions.
It's very helpful, and interesting in the way you have to proceed on your side of the market.

If I can't get the aquadron now, I think I will get the Oginov though.

Quote:
I reside on the beautiful island of Kastellorizo

mmh ! would you invite me once :D ? Even if i live near the sea in France I have never seen such beautiful landscapes.

It is off topic, but I'd like to know where you find the tiles to create the folding puzzles ? Concerning the thread, is it fishing one ?

Greece is known for the amazing hospitality, which is why the number of tourists visiting us rise every single year!

And we can still stay on topic by stating that we can try out how Aquadron works inside the water :lol:
(that is, while diving inside the crystal clear waters of the island).

Finally, yes the threads are in fact, fishing line. I used to buy many DIY's from various sources (deal-extreme,
and even alibaba), and they should still be available.

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.