Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Selling Crazy2face CrazyB4cube kits
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:57 am 

Hi Crazypuzzlers,

Rline and I have been talking in PM about how we can get the solving thread moving, and it has occurred to us that we need to get the puzzles in peoples hands.

I am in the process of making some [Crazy2face + CrazyB4cube sets] as free gifts for friends, some of whom are solid contributors to solving threads. With the intention of `getting the conversation started` (and making things for friends :) ).

Rline and I have decided to make the [Crazy2face + B4 bandaging sets] available for sale at a very reasonable price (TBA: but I am thinking around US$100 for a full [Crazy2face + B4 bandaging set] which would normally take 3 puzzles to make, and US$50 for a [B4 bandaging set] which would normally take 1 puzzle to make).

The actual details of the B4 bandaging are a surprise and different to (but like) what I’ve already posted. There's more pieces and a better design, including a new element.

Rline and I have come to fair arrangement because I wanted to ensure he got a legitimate cut too. We are making arrangements so that the puzzles can be signed by both of us.

Please send me a PM if you’re interested, (the cheap price can only be attained in bulk).

I have moved this announcement from this thread because I didn't want to turn the solving thread into a Marketplace thread: So that if there is going to be any conversation about the kits, it can happen here. Thanks.

Cheers,
Burgo

PB 3x3 55sec Jan 2011 (When I was a kid 1:30 was speedcubing so I'm stoked).
1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

Last edited by Burgo on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Selling Crazy2face Crazy3face CrazyB4cube kits
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03 am 

Hey great!
Consider me definitely in!
I would be really glad to get the Crazy2face + B4 bandaging sets as both my modifying skill and time to do it are very limited.
I really enjoyed crazy 3x3x3 planets and witeden circles but I'm always behind solving threads, I got into twisties too late :lol: . I've still crazy megaminxes waiting for me and guessing if it's the case to get pentahedra/tetrahedra (do you think it is worth to get them solvingwise?). And this without considering some bandaged 3x3x3 remaining to try.

A question for rline about tetrahedra: you said it's possible to make them all from just one of them, which is it? Can you point me to instructions or links to do that? Is it easy?

Back to crazyXface.
I'm somewhat confused.
How would this kit compare with the kit proposed by "grigr" in this post?

grigr wrote:
You can alssemble this puzzle set from some my puzzle:
you need buy additional parts: x-block x6, x-circle x2
https://www.shapeways.com/model/1234669/x-block-x6.html
https://www.shapeways.com/model/1234673/x-circle.html

Crazy2face: you need one 3*3*5 or L-Cube, x-block x2 (one set), x-circle x2 (one set)
Crazy3face: you need one T-Cube or Trio Cube, x-block x3 (one set), x-circle x3 (two set)
Crazy4face: you need one X-Cube, x-block x4 (one set), x-circle x4 (two set)
Crazy5face: you need one Temple Cube, x-block x5 (one set), x-circle x5 (3 set)
also You need additional stickers

Did someone define what a Crazy4face or Crazy5face is? I thought we were at Crazy3face (4 face types) + CrazyB4 (bandaging added)

Anyway great work Burgo and rline with this kit, expected date to have it ready?

Bye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:11 am 

I just wanted to clarify due to a little confusion.
There are not 2 different sets on offer from us:

1 set is the Crazy2face and CrazyB4cube together. Estimated $100
It will consist of 1 puzzle and assorted parts (made from 3 Crazy Planet 333s).
- Which can be transformed into all Crazy2face variants (it takes 2 Planet 333s to make this).
- Which can have all possible Crazy3face centre bandaging (no additional pieces are required).
- Which also has the CrazyB4cube bandaged pieces (it takes an additional Planet 333 to make this).
You get all this in the first set, you can make everything.

1 set is only the CrazyB4cube bandaged pieces (it takes 1 Planet 333 to make this). Estimated $50
This is in case somebody has already made the Crazy2face set themselves, but would like to purchase just the CrazyB4cube bandaging through us.

I want to make clear that we have and will continue to make public every aspect of this puzzle, so that people can make it themselves if they want to. The CrazyB4bandaging, however, will remain a secret (somewhat) until the people who purchase it get to see it first.

We aren't trying to make much of a profit, it will only be about $25 more than you will pay for the base puzzles either way you choose to go.. and there are material costs, glue, putty stickers etc. We are doing it more so people can own the puzzles (because we want people have the puzzles and join the conversation).

I have already purchased puzzles (to make free sets for some really good solvers) and this has cost me more than I believe I will be able to make back.

It will probably be a few weeks before we can come to a number, and then a few weeks before we receive the puzzles from Hong Kong, and then a few weeks to produce them and maybe a few more weeks before people begin to receive them.. so it will be a long process anyway :) .

Grigr is not affiliated with us. I don’t understand his nomenclature because he hasn’t clearly outlined it. I assume he is talking about the variants of the Crazy2face: 2L, 2N, 3L, 3N, 4L, 4N when he says Crazy3face, Crazy4face etc. The Crazy3face I have mentioned is actually something else entirely. From what I believe about his option, you would buy a 335 variant and then buy additional circle faces individually from his Shapeways shop, so what you would have is a mix of SW material and ABS. I don’t know if he has prototyped it? On his SW shop he is selling a part set that fits into the 335, it is one circle face, and it is $17 each circle, so the minimum price to make one crazy2face is $17 X 5 + post + $28 = $118 + postage.. and I think you need to purchase replacement centre pieces and stickers also. But I can’t see it being comprehensive like our kit is. And it doesn’t have B4 bandaging. I think it was a nice gesture by him to make the puzzles accessible through a different format but we have not heard from him privately.

Cheers,
Burgo.

1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:21 am 

Thanks for clarifying Burgo, much appreciated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:55 am 

Yes, thanks for the clarification. I should have asked grigr about his nomenclature, you are right, but you are so active on this cubes I found it natural to do so.

Anyway count me in as customer of the Crazy2face+CrazyB4Cube kit !

Bye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:56 am 

Hi again,

For the people who would like to know in more detail what CrazyB4bandaging is (A CrazyB4cube is any Crazy2face with any type of CrazyB4bandaging). The conversation started here:

CrazyB4bandaging conversation

I have suggested that
Burgo wrote:
The actual details of the B4 bandaging are a surprise and different to (but like) what I’ve already posted. There's more pieces and a better design, including a new element.

and:
Burgo wrote:
The CrazyB4bandaging, however, will remain a secret (somewhat) until the people who purchase it get to see it first.
This of course is a `teaser` :P .

But I will also say that there are a few of the easier puzzles in the Crazy2face series that aren't much of a challenge (for experienced Crazy333 solvers).. these few puzzles will really come into their own with the additional challenge of the CrazyB4bandaging. I think the idea is so essential that I'm not offering to make the Crazy2face without it :) .

And the CrazyB4bandaging looks like this:
Attachment:
Crazy%20B4%20Cube[1].jpg
Crazy%20B4%20Cube[1].jpg [ 929.53 KiB | Viewed 4493 times ]
Attachment:
Fully%20scrambled%20B4%20example%20cube[1].jpg
Fully%20scrambled%20B4%20example%20cube[1].jpg [ 688.3 KiB | Viewed 4493 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:02 am 

Hi Psi,

psi wrote:
Yes, thanks for the clarification. I should have asked grigr about his nomenclature, you are right, but you are so active on this cubes I found it natural to do so.
It's no problem to ask me questions. I answered to the best of my knowledge, I'm happy to help :) .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:41 am 

OH WOW, that surpassed what I had in my head I only considered bandaging on the 3x3 tiled faces not the circle ones, this looks stunning, I definitely want one.

How is it going to work though in terms of sticker/ tiling? The CT DIY Bandaged is obviously tiles which makes interchanging easy are you going with tiles or doing something (somehow) with stickers and caps?, unsure how it would work without tile pieces?

Or is this part of the surprise?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:51 am 

Hi psi
Quote:
I've still crazy megaminxes waiting for me and guessing if it's the case to get pentahedra/tetrahedra (do you think it is worth to get them solvingwise?). And this without considering some bandaged 3x3x3 remaining to try.

In my opinion, it's not worth getting all the pentahedra. Some of them were extremely simple. From memory, the harder ones were earth, mars and neptune.
Quote:
A question for rline about tetrahedra: you said it's possible to make them all from just one of them, which is it? Can you point me to instructions or links to do that? Is it easy?

I think actually I said you could make them all from two of them, which were uranus and venus. It's a piece of cake. At the time, I made a couple of videos about it all. Here they are:

Crazy Tetrahedra DIY Kit: $240 Worth of Puzzles for $48.
How to Get $680 of Crazy Planet Puzzles for $132

Also, at around 2 mins15 secs in this one, I mention that you can make all the crazy pentahedra from just the earth pentahedron. Of course, probably different colour scheme but there you go.

However this was quite a while ago, so you might have to watch all those videos to get the full story.

As I said if I was going to buy any pentahedra now, I'd just buy one or two, probably earth I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 am 

andychilly wrote:
How is it going to work though in terms of sticker/ tiling? The CT DIY Bandaged is obviously tiles which makes interchanging easy are you going with tiles or doing something (somehow) with stickers and caps?, unsure how it would work without tile pieces?

You must have faith :) .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:58 am 

Burgo wrote:
andychilly wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: (Cue in George Michael...)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:10 am 

rline wrote:
Burgo wrote:
andychilly wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: (Cue in George Michael...)

Please dont :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:26 pm 

rline wrote:
Hi psi
In my opinion, it's not worth getting all the pentahedra. Some of them were extremely simple. From memory, the harder ones were earth, mars and neptune.
Quote:

I think actually I said you could make them all from two of them, which were uranus and venus. It's a piece of cake. At the time, I made a couple of videos about it all. Here they are:

Crazy Tetrahedra DIY Kit: $240 Worth of Puzzles for $48.
How to Get $680 of Crazy Planet Puzzles for $132

Also, at around 2 mins15 secs in this one, I mention that you can make all the crazy pentahedra from just the earth pentahedron. Of course, probably different colour scheme but there you go.

However this was quite a while ago, so you might have to watch all those videos to get the full story.

As I said if I was going to buy any pentahedra now, I'd just buy one or two, probably earth I guess.

Very helpful, thank you. Rline's channel watching time incoming...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 am 

Hurry LAST DAYS!

I have completed and tested all prototypes and I'm sending them to Rline for his approval (for him the final model is a surprise too :) ).

I have decided to purchase all of the stickers from Cubesmith (including the B4). The reason is to make sure all of the stickers are compatibly colour matched and to have better quality, especially since my standard stickers are trashed already. It also allows for a good replacement option.

This will cost me more and lower any profit I might make, but the most significant change will be that it will cause an earlier cut-off date for orders. The reason is that Cubesmith take ages to ship to Australia, so I will order stickers within the next few days (in the hope that I will receive them by the time I finish the puzzles)! I’m in a hurry to get people their puzzles.

Consequently there will be a limit to the puzzles that will get these stickers, and probably all puzzles in this batch (because I am reaching the limit of my capacity). This is an absolute steal and I don’t even know why I’m doing it so cheap. I might make more batches at a later date if the demand is there, but it won’t be for many months, and I can’t guarantee the price will be this cheap if I do.

I won’t ask for money until the weekend. I’ll want to order the puzzles early next week, so I’ll need to know people are serious then.. I’m prepared to cut a loss on stickers if people renege, but not puzzles. I’ll expect payment before I place the order (or you might miss out). I hope my reputation here is enough to warrant some trust.. I will come through for you.

What I’ll need from you: I need your address to calculate the postage. For those people who have placed an order already and haven’t included an address, please PM me so that I can finalize the price and give you postal and payment options.

If you are not a forum member (you should be :P ).. but, you can order through Rline's facebook page.. send him a message.

Cheers,
Burgo :) .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 am 

Hi Friends,

I am excited to announce that I have added yet another element of bandaging to the kit! I believe this will be the most different types of bandaging on a twistypuzzle ever. Details will be announced when the kits have arrived at their destinations :) .

As a side note.. it is advantageous that the full set of 8 original Crazy Planet 333s can be made from the kit too.. so all the bandaging can be tried on all of the original puzzles also 8-) .

Just a quick announcement:

I just purchased the stickers: I got 3 extra sets (so it's possible to make 3 more kits only). There is now a definite limit on available kits.. first in.

I will PM requests for payment on Friday. I hope to place the order for the puzzles on Monday. If anyone will have a problem with payment over that time frame, please PM me, I'm reasonable to try to help.

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:53 am 

Thanks Burgo,

Just a quick thought,

When I got my CT DIY Bandage kit, all I wanted was a huge list and diagrams of all puzzles so that I could set myself a task of solving them all and then I have some idea of progress and achievement/

When the puzzles start getting delivered would we be able to delegate someone to put together a Rolling PDF file with a uniform list of puzzle variations and a 2 image diagram of how to set it up?

I dont know it its just me, but the list I made myself using the images posted on here for the DIY Bandage certainly adds to the enjoyment as I tick them off and date when I solved them. But it took a long time sifting through posts all over the forum finding people who have posted variations and then I was unsure if they had already been made and named differently and would have to go through my list to see if it was already in there.

Basically, Burgo, I essentially need some order in my life when it comes to these puzzles, I know this would be alot of work but I need something official so I can say I have solved every puzzle from Burgo/rlines Volume 1 book hahahah!

I know it sounds like im starting to delegate myself but With my full time job and full time family of 5 I dont think people would be happy with my level of progress.

Thoughts anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:34 pm 

I have one set left.

It's possible that I can squeeze 2 sets, but that is my final limit for this batch.

Thanks to everybody who has been so supportive and quick to pay, this has given me the confidence to go forward.

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:28 am 

Well, the prototype B4 kit which Burgo sent to me arrived today. I guess it might be expected that since my name is attached to this, I would naturally be overly supportive, maybe even gushing. Well, be assured, I am gushing, but not because my name is attached. :lol:

I have to say that I'm incredibly proud to be associated with what Burgo is making. I was sent only some of the "bits" to the B4 bandaging (I already had the crazy 2-face cube so Burgo only sent the B4 kit), as he was still making new pieces after he sent the prototype.

My overall impression is basically "Wow!" :shock:

My mind is reeling from thinking about the sheer number of different puzzles, but not only that, also the number of different kinds of puzzles. I don't want to overstate things, but I'm absolutely confident that anyone who ordered the kit will be very very happy with their purchase. :D

I won't post any pictures here at this stage because I know Burgo wanted to keep things a surprise until the customers had received theirs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 am 

Thanks Rline :) .

BTW, can I just ask graciously that people don't try to guess publicly the elements until they are revealed please. I know that there are people here who have the ability to think of the possibilities, and it's probably tempting, but I'd like people to get a nice surprise when they open their packages :) .

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:26 pm 

The only thing I have left on offer for this batch is `one` that can squeeze out of some puzzles that I bought for a different mod. These have gone fast!

If there are more who want them after that.. just give me your name by PM (as an expression of interest with no obligation) and I'll start making a list to see about the interest in possible future batches. I'll go from there, and my experience with this batch, to determine a possible price and timeframe or whether it will happen at all.

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 am 

im so excited, I cant wait untill payday! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm 

I would just like to thank Burgo publically for the effort and time he is putting into this. I am sure I am not alone in this but I understand that this project must be becoming much more time consuming than originally predicted and with full understanding that part of the reason it is taking time is because of your attention to detail and not wanting to send out anything subquality. I would happily wait for somthing amazing then have something rushed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:08 pm 

It's all going well Andy, I'm going to hit my targets :) .

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:44 am 

That's Excellent news,

You are obviously a better judge of time-scales than myself

So for those who have purchased and are waiting for the kit:

After receiving and making a few mad puzzles with the kit what is the first puzzle you are going to properly start with?

I'm actually going to work through the Crazy333planet series to start with as I only own Earth (which doubles up as Venus) I have only ever solved a planet with 2x 1faces. So i'm initially excited about that.

Then play around with a 2faces....but only once i'm confidently solving every planet :D.

Whos going to get stuck right in with the head scratching B4 stuff?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:57 pm 

Hi Crazy Puzzle Purchasers,

I have heard news that some puzzle kits are nearing their destinations! This is all very exciting for me because I can’t wait to hear what people think.

The relevance of the tracking information will depend on your country's tracking, the Australia Post website has poor feedback, and usually says `Invalid Tracking Number`, well after other postal services have good information up.

A few things about how I’d like to see things unfold. Remember, keeping the surprises in this journey have mostly just been about courtesy. I’d just like to see most people receive their puzzles and see the surprises themselves, before the secret aspects are revealed publicly. That’s just been a little quirk that I’ve had as a fun idea, and I hope people have liked it.

As it stands, I think next weekend might be a reasonable time to unveil the contents of the kit. I’m pretty sure that rline will want to do an unboxing, and make a link in this thread. And I will make a post in the Solving thread, saying that I have altered the first post over there, revealing the contents of the kit and the new nomenclature.

These two events will signify the end of secrecy for the recipients of the kits. From that time on, it’s up to you, if you haven’t got your kit yet, not to read the posts in the related threads if you don’t want to. The trouble is, I don’t think many people will be able to resist a peek, so please PM me when you get your kit, so I can keep track of the numbers, and not spoil the surprises for too many, too early.

I’d like to keep `this marketplace thread` as the place to make comments about the kit and it’s contents. Functionality, finish, reviews, opinions, etc. It might even belong in `new puzzles` now, I'm not sure.

I’d like to keep the solving thread primarily for the presentation of new puzzles created from the kit, and discussing their solutions. And I’ve also made a nomenclature discussion thread (not up yet) to keep the solving thread clearer.

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:12 am 

Once they've all gotten where they should be, are people allowed to begin making videos and discussions etc? :D I cannot wait to see these babies in action.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:04 am 

Absolutely.. next weekend (providing I get enough PMs letting me know a majority of people have their kits), I'll make a post about it, after that there's nothing secret anymore, anyone can talk about anything to do with the kits. I'll even let rline talk about them :lol: .

Hardly anybody can talk about them at the moment anyway, because hardly anyone knows much.. recipients will only have to keep it quiet for a few days until the weekend :) .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:56 am 

Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
It's arrived - Yay!!! :D :D :D

I have had enough time to open the package and drool over it! Beautifully packaged - you even made a box for the cube with your own logos and titles - fantastic.

Now the downside! I have to write a mega rota for the on-call at my hospital and includes Xmas and New Year! I reckon this will take another 6 hours :shock: and I've already worked on it for 2!! So can download the documents and do nothing else! Damn!

But - Damn it's beautiful!! Can't wait to start playing! It frightens me to death!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much Burgo and Rline for all the work you've put in. The attention to detail is very evident. This is well worth the money paid out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:14 am 

Looks like I got that post out in the nick of time! I can't believe it's there already, wow :D .

Now my only problem.. Kevin's gotta keep his mouth shut for a whole week :roll: , I might as well give up now :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:00 am 

Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
Burgo wrote:
Looks like I got that post out in the nick of time! I can't believe it's there already, wow :D .

Amazingly fast coming half way around the world!!!
Burgo wrote:
Now my only problem.. Kevin's gotta keep his mouth shut for a whole week :roll: , I might as well give up now :lol:

I don't understand! :shock: I can keep a secret! I signed the Hippopotamus oath! Or is it Hippocampus? Hippodrome? Ah Hippocratic! That's definitely it - isn't it? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:50 pm 

And my jelousy sets in.

As im sure Burgo will understand, i think i have been pestering him about this kit more than anyone.

Im hoping monday morning i get into work and it will be sitting on my desk. (Not that i'll be able to play with it untill that evening.. Bloody work and kids!!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 pm 

Mine is in LA right now, on its way to the east coast. I'm thinking Tuesday maybe?

Crazy2Face & Crazy3Face Puzzle Spreadsheet
Named 3x3x3 Bandaging Patterns

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:47 pm 

Quote:
Thank you so much Burgo and Rline for all the work you've put in. The attention to detail is very evident. This is well worth the money paid out.

I'll be saying more of course, but I want to be very upfront about this and say that all the actual physical work of putting together these kits is Burgo's. I functioned as the person who helped him attempt to make aspects of it idiot-proof. Yes, I was the "testing idiot". :lol: I guess my main other contribution was providing him with the spark (crazy 2-face puzzle) of an idea which enabled him to think of something ridiculously more complex and difficult. I'm glad to see Kevin's response because Burgo and I both knew how good these things are and we're both pretty excited about them arriving. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:45 am 

Mine has finally shown up on a country's tracking site.
It is in Stockholm, which means I should get it tomorrow or Tuesday.
Looking forward to this very much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:57 am 

haha mine has turned up this morning on my desk, very happy about that.thank you Burgo, It just sucks that it has to sit there untill im home...I had a sneeky peek and saw alot of paper damn! :D

My tracking number still doesnt work though hah....bloody royal mail!!!!!

Thanks again rline for introducing the world to this concept and thank you to Burgo for giving this idea a jet pack!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 am 

I can hear it now.. `Major gridlock hits the UK today as, there appears to be busses in turmoil, a little shiny stickered box appears to be at the centre of the chaos, as it's distracting many commuters, a major chant across the city appears to be: "Come on Andy solve it", with no apparent end in sight for the delays people appear to be settling in to their cars for a long night....`

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 pm 

I just picked up my kit from the supermarket (Sweden really!)

Without giving anything away (from my cold dead hands) I have to say that what Burgo has made is amazing. The ideas winging between his and Rline's tiny little Ozzie minds have created a masterpiece. And he has brought them to life in a fantastically detailed and adaptable way.

Yeah, yeah, I hear you say, but what about the box?
The box the cube comes in is bloody awesome!

I now have 1 cube and 2 bags (of pieces) of what can only be described as 20 years of exquisite torture!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm 

oxymoronicuber wrote:
I just picked up my kit from the supermarket (Sweden really!)

Supermarket???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:04 pm 

Maybe a mail service pickup point. I have one at a supermarket as well and one at a hardware store. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:19 pm 

oxymoronicuber wrote:
Without giving anything away (from my cold dead hands) I have to say that what Burgo has made is amazing. The ideas winging between his and Rline's tiny little Ozzie minds have created a masterpiece. And he has brought them to life in a fantastically detailed and adaptable way.

We knew people would love it :)

oxymoronicuber wrote:
I now have 1 cube and 2 bags (of pieces) of what can only be described as 20 years of exquisite torture!

20 years?? There's no way you'll get through them all in that time! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 pm 

I have just been through my kit and dissected every piece, literally.

It is amazing and so comforting knowing this puzzle is with me forever, always taunting me. 'Andy, why haven't you solved me yet? Everyone on the Twisty Puzzles forum has.'

It starts...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 pm 

rline wrote:
oxymoronicuber wrote:

20 years?? There's no way you'll get through them all in that time! :lol:

A couple weeks ago I decided I needed Eitan's Star. Haven't ordered it yet. Maybe I'll wait 25 to 30 years or so. I never exhausted the CT bandage kit. And now there is the CrazyFaces B4 Kit! :lol:

Think I will still be puzzling when I am pushing 90?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:32 am 

robertpauljr wrote:
A couple weeks ago I decided I needed Eitan's Star. Haven't ordered it yet. Maybe I'll wait 25 to 30 years or so. I never exhausted the CT bandage kit. And now there is the CrazyFaces B4 Kit! :lol:

I'm in the same boat. I barely scratched the surface with my DIY Bandage kit, and now I have my B4/2face kit, I think it will end up gathering dust for a few months.

Funnily enough I have Eitan's Star winging its way from America as we speak. I get the impression that may sit on the side for a while also :P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 pm 

My kit just arrived. I am blown away!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:40 pm 

Thanks Seth,

I'm really stoked about all the nice comments, in truth, I was still holding my breath when they all went out. You have an idea that what you've done is good, but you're still hoping others will see it that way :) .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 am 

The question is; Now my Crazy Cube Earth has been made redundant, what do I do with it? Spares for the kit? Use it to make a second puzzle to have on the go also? Create my first mod? hmmmm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:46 am 

AndyChilly wrote:
The question is; Now my Crazy Cube Earth has been made redundant, what do I do with it? Spares for the kit? Use it to make a second puzzle to have on the go also? Create my first mod? hmmmm

There are some center types that are absent from the kit. You could use your Earth centers to make some of the missing ones!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 pm 

Quote:
The question is; Now my Crazy Cube Earth has been made redundant, what do I do with it?

Do a Tony and Siamese it together. Now that would be a hard puzzle! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:15 pm 

themathkid wrote:
There are some center types that are absent from the kit. You could use your Earth centers to make some of the missing ones!
Which centre types are missing from your kit?
EDIT: Oh, hold on a minute, I think I know what you're talking about.
I thought you meant you didn't get all your centres.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 pm 

Burgo wrote:
themathkid wrote:
Which centre types are missing from your kit?
EDIT: Oh, hold on a minute, I think I know what you're talking about.
I thought you meant you didn't get all your centres.

Sorry for the confusion. Didn't want to spoil the surprise for those that hadn't received their kits!