Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Supercube stickers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:50 pm 

Where can I buy these? I searched the web, and it seems all of the links point to the arrow sticker sets, which I'm not looking for. I'm looking for the stickers that have the adjacent side color on the edge of the main sticker.

I'm sure many of you have seen them, my search on cubesmith led me to a page that said "out of stock" and "don't write asking when they will be back in stock, we don't know."

I also suspect that the name "Supercube" has been confused with the "shepards" cube, which is the cube with the arrow stickers (I think).

Anyway, anyone know where I can get a good quality set of these stickers, and also, of I'm using the wrong name, let me know what the actual name is. This might explain why I can't find them via google.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Supercube stickers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:59 pm 

Here you go:

http://speedcubing.hu/webshop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Super

This is where I get all the stickers for my Shapeways puzzles. I've been very happy with those stickers.

Carl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:00 pm 

Thanks for the link, Carl.. But like every other place I look, these are sold out.

Perhaps the quickest way to do this is to create the stickers myself by cutting them up.

I really don't want to do that, because it will take me forever, but its an option. Does east sheen still make a super cube? That would probably be cheaper than buying stickers and a new cube.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 am 

The link Carl gave you is in fact the best you can use.

You can contact him directly - Olivér Nagy, member of this forum - and check if he can make them for you (I'm almost certain he will)

(probably you won't even need to PM him. He will surely reply if/when he sees this post)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 am 

There are 4x4 supercubes available in the twistypuzzle shop:
http://www.twistypuzzles.com/shop/index ... b7a9c16d37

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:25 pm 

mmonede wrote:
The link Carl gave you is in fact the best you can use.

You can contact him directly - Olivér Nagy, member of this forum - and check if he can make them for you (I'm almost certain he will)

(probably you won't even need to PM him. He will surely reply if/when he sees this post)

Thank you for this. I didn't realize Oliver was a member of the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm 

Zzupler wrote:
There are 4x4 supercubes available in the twistypuzzle shop:
http://www.twistypuzzles.com/shop/index ... b7a9c16d37

Thanks for the link. I have a 4x4 I was going to use, but if I can't get them made, I'll probably get the eastsheen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:20 pm 

rubikrelic wrote:
Thank you for this. I didn't realize Oliver was a member of the forum.
Yes he is and I'm pretty sure he can make more stickers even if he's out of stock at the moment.
rubikrelic wrote:
but if I can't get them made, I'll probably get the eastsheen.
I don't want to take business way from TwistyPuzzles but if you are considering buying a new Super 4x4x4 may I recommed this one:

http://shop.mf8.com.cn/goods.php?id=32

This puzzle is equivalent to a super 4x4x4, as all the 4x4x4 pieces have a unique location and orientation in the solved state.... PLUS you get to solve the 2x2x2 on the inside of the 4x4x4. I've called this a Super-Multi 4x4x4.

If you are interested these are a few threads you may want to read:
http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18906
http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=190554#p190554

Aside from being Multi-cubes another reason I like this option personally is this still keeps each face a single color while still giving you a super cube so its more visually appealing to me then the sticker solutions.

Just something I thought you might want to consider,
Carl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:32 am 

The new sets are just arrived.
I have updated it, so you are able to buy super 4x4x4 stickers now.
And the rest "sold out" super cubes will arrive soon. As well as some super cube stickers for new puzzles

rubikkocka@gmail.com & info@oliverstickers.com
http://oliverstickers.com/

Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:31 am 

Carl,

Thank you for the link. I love those puzzles, and have a couple of them in my collection already. I don't have a 4x4x4 with this design, however, so perhaps this will be an option. I don't know about the 4x4's, but I imagine they are similar to the 2x3x3s that I have now. They are great puzzles, but you can't exactly solve them fast. You need to turn the puzzle slowly to make sure the internal mechanism doesn't lock. A super 4x4, however, can be used as a speed cube if you get a good 4x4 to work with. That's why these puzzles will always be different to me.

Oliver, thanks for the post and the good news!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 am 

rubikrelic wrote:
... I love those puzzles, ...
A super 4x4, however, can be used as a speed cube if you get a good 4x4 to work with. ...
Hi rubikrelic, just to make it clear for the casual reader:
With "those puzzles" in your first sentence you mean the Dayan / mf8 Crazy series, right? They are Super 4x4x4 (the orientation of the centre pieces being exposed), too.
With "super 4x4, however" you mean an usual 4x4x4 with Super stickers.
I agree, that a good 4x4x4 (e.g. V-Cube 4) turns better than the Circle cubes, but if you are looking for the better challenge, the Crazy series are a good choice :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:44 am 

rubikrelic wrote:
Perhaps the quickest way to do this is to create the stickers myself by cutting them up.

I really don't want to do that, because it will take me forever, but its an option.

I could not find any of these stickers for a 4x4 when I was searching, so I did just that. I actually really like it as I got to use much brighter colors. Here's what it looks like:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:34 pm 

Konrad wrote:
rubikrelic wrote:
... I love those puzzles, ...
A super 4x4, however, can be used as a speed cube if you get a good 4x4 to work with. ...
Hi rubikrelic, just to make it clear for the casual reader:
With "those puzzles" in your first sentence you mean the Dayan / mf8 Crazy series, right? They are Super 4x4x4 (the orientation of the centre pieces being exposed), too.
With "super 4x4, however" you mean an usual 4x4x4 with Super stickers.
I agree, that a good 4x4x4 (e.g. V-Cube 4) turns better than the Circle cubes, but if you are looking for the better challenge, the Crazy series are a good choice :)

I think you parsed all that correctly! And I agree that the crazy series are great challenges. I have been able to solve my 2x3x3 on occasion, but it often feels like I luck into a solve. I haven't tried the 4x4 series yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

OwMyHip, that looks pretty good!