Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Entire Traiphum Made "Morphix" Style Puzzle Collection
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:18 am 
Hello Everybody,

Today I received some puzzles from Traiphum that have now completed my collection. They are a collection of the "morphix" style puzzles. The puzzles I have are:

1x1 - "twisty-phobic" (can't turn so it called that because of fear of twisty puzzles. It was made to complete the collection).
2x2 - "pyramorphix"
3x3 - "mastermorphix"
4x4 - "megamorphix"
5x5 - "ultramorphix"
6x6 - "hexaphobic"
7x7 - "7 layered morphix" (this puzzle has not been named for some reason).
8x8 - "octaphobic"

To my knowledge, I'm the only person who has the entire set made by Traiphum. It has taken me one year to collect them all. They are all in the pillowed shape. I thought I would just share these with you all to show the fine craftsmanship of Traiphum. I have a couple other puzzles from him too, a rexamorphix and a pillowed hexaminx which are also top quality.

I can add photo's of each one individually if people wanted, I just don't know how to add more than one photo. Please, even if you don't care to see individual photo's, can somebody please let me know how to add more photo's or the best way to do it so I know for the future? Thanks!!!

Attachment:
crazy_tetra_fixed.jpg
crazy_tetra_fixed.jpg [ 2.77 MiB | Viewed 4064 times ]

Last edited by CrazyBadCuber on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Entire Traiphum Made "Morphix" Style Puzzle Collection
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:33 am 

Absolutely beautiful collection! Anyone who's lucky enough to own a Traiphum puzzle knows how incredible the handiwork is.

CrazyBadCuber wrote:
*EDIT* I don't know why, but the picture uploaded upside down. Anybody know why this is and how to correct it?

Yes. You took the photo with an iPhone 4S and the phone was flipped 180 degrees (upside down) when you took the photo. Your phone used the accelerometer to detect that you were viewing something right-side-up but the phone was up-side-down.

It tagged the photo with a special header (in the EXIF data) that says when viewing, flip the photo 180 degrees.

There are two problems with this. When you upload a big image to the forum as an attachment, the forum generates a thumbnail version of the photo. The forum uses as graphics library called "GD" to do this which does not preserve the header that says to flip the image. The second problem is that many web browsers don't actually honor the header and flip the image.

I have fixed the image for you and put a copy here. Once you re-upload I'll remove my copy of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:43 am 

Amazing collection! :D

I don't know if there is any other way, but you could always upload your photos to a hosting website and add them to your post using the Img button. It shows you the right format when you hover over it.

P.S. Be careful about the image size. I think the topic window will be stretched (so people will have to scroll horizontally) if the width is bigger than 500 pixels. I'm not sure though. See here.

Last edited by pooya13 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 am 

Wow! Wow! I have one of his puzzles and the quality is eerie for a hand made puzzle.
Really amazing collection you've got there.
Congrats.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:52 am 
bmenrigh wrote:
Absolutely beautiful collection! Anyone who's lucky enough to own a Traiphum puzzle knows how incredible the handiwork is.

CrazyBadCuber wrote:
*EDIT* I don't know why, but the picture uploaded upside down. Anybody know why this is and how to correct it?

Yes. You took the photo with an iPhone 4S and the phone was flipped 180 degrees (upside down) when you took the photo. Your phone used the accelerometer to detect that you were viewing something right-side-up but the phone was up-side-down.

It tagged the photo with a special header (in the EXIF data) that says when viewing, flip the photo 180 degrees.

There are two problems with this. When you upload a big image to the forum as an attachment, the forum generates a thumbnail version of the photo. The forum uses as graphics library called "GD" to do this which does not preserve the header that says to flip the image. The second problem is that many web browsers don't actually honor the header and flip the image.

I have fixed the image for you and put a copy here. Once you re-upload I'll remove my copy of it.

Thank you VERY much!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 am 

You forgot the 0x0 ;)

Amazing collection and yes, I LOVE Triaphum's work. I don't have any of his puzzles, but just looking at them you can see this is craftmanship to its finest.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the youtube video on the collection :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:40 am 

absolutely stunning, i'm very jealous. I've seen these and other thaiphum puzzles on yours and other youtube channels and the quality of them is absolutely incredible, I wish i could buy these but unfortunately the price is beyond my means :(

Many puzzles appear on these forums that are the same way - custom and 3D printed puzzles, so many that i want but will probably never have :lol:

gorgeous collection though! :D

Edit: just to be clear - I'm not suggesting they should be cheaper - I fully appreciate all the time, effort and skill that goes into making them. I'm saying I don't earn as much as i should :wink:

Latest videos: Unboxing / Review of Curvy copter Plus, David Gear Cube, Octo-star Cube

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 am 

Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
I actually blame you, Dan, for upsetting my wife! :shock: :shock:

After I saw your Traiphum puzzles I couldn't resist them - I now own one and have another 3 being made! The present Mrs S is not happy with me/you!! You've made a considerable dent in her shopping money!!

Watch out for the "laser burning stare" I'm sure it can reach across the Atlantic!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:32 am 

Kattenvriendin wrote:
You forgot the 0x0 ;)

It's right there next to the 1x1! Can't you see it? :mrgreen:

I have to say that if I didn't know better I would've said they were mass produced puzzles. They all look incredible!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:36 am 

I also have the full set because you can even ask Traiphum yourself if you don't be leave me. I'm a idiot because I don't know really how to transfer stuff from the camera to the computer to here. I just get by of using the computer of what I need for daily use and that is it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:40 am 

Traiphum's puzzles glow with quality :) Thats a beautiful set Dan, its great to see them all together.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 am 

Dan, great collection.

But I missed the hollow one.

In my picture only the mastermorphix wasn't made bei Traiphum. It is made by Frank Schwartz.

Attachment:
cw_pillowed tetras (1).jpg
cw_pillowed tetras (1).jpg [ 2.42 MiB | Viewed 3884 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 am 

CrazyBadCuber wrote:
I can add photo's of each one individually if people wanted, I just don't know how to add more than one photo. Please, even if you don't care to see individual photo's, can somebody please let me know how to add more photo's or the best way to do it so I know for the future? Thanks!!!

Here's how you can put multiple images in a post as attachments.

Under UPLOAD ATTACHMENT, click the Choose File button. Select an image so that it now shows up next to the Choose File button. Click the Add the file button. Now, under where the Message body goes, the attachment should show up. You can place the image in the Message body using the Place inline button. You can now choose another image and add it. All of the images will be in a drop-down list to the left of the Place inline button.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm 
Darren Grewe wrote:
I also have the full set because you can even ask Traiphum yourself if you don't be leave me. I'm a idiot because I don't know really how to transfer stuff from the camera to the computer to here. I just get by of using the computer of what I need for daily use and that is it.

HAHA your not an idiot man. Everybody learns things at different times =) Your right where your supposed to be. I believe that you have the whole set, BUT.... do you have a 1x1 made by Traiphum? haha. I will definitely say that we both have the whole set as it's not something I need for my ego to be the only one, but maybe it wants to be the only one with a Traiphum made 1x1 hahaha.

Also, if you get around to figuring it out, I'd LOVE to see your set as well =)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 pm 

Dan, my apologies for posting something off-topic in your thread but do you have a preferred way for folks to contact you? You've disabled PMs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:23 pm 

CrazyBadCuber wrote:
Darren Grewe wrote:

BUT.... do you have a 1x1 made by Traiphum?

Yes I do but unstickered.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:35 pm 

You should call the 7x7 heptaphobic and they are all great creations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 pm 

Awesome collection! Now, I am waiting for the YT-Video(s) :D Traipums work in puzzlebuilding is just so nice...
Btw, the Pyramorphix is pillowed, so should it not be named Babymorphix? http://twistypuzzles.com/cgi-bin/puzzle.cgi?pkey=3158

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:40 pm 
bmenrigh wrote:
Dan, my apologies for posting something off-topic in your thread but do you have a preferred way for folks to contact you? You've disabled PMs.

Yes you can find me on Facebook here
https://www.facebook.com/CrazyBadCuber

You can email me here
crazybadcuber@gmail.com

Or you can message me on YouTube. My channel is here
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazybadcuber?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 pm 
misterchris wrote:
Awesome collection! Now, I am waiting for the YT-Video(s) :D Traipums work in puzzlebuilding is just so nice...
Btw, the Pyramorphix is pillowed, so should it not be named Babymorphix? http://twistypuzzles.com/cgi-bin/puzzle.cgi?pkey=3158

Actually there are two shapes. There are the pillowed ones that I show here, and there are the Reuleaux shapes. the one in the picture you sent me is the reuleaux shape. Actually, the 8x8 versions of these puzzles are more like half pillowed and half Reuleaux tetrahedron shape. The reason for this is because the puzzle is so big that in order to do a fill pillowing on the puzzle MUCH more epoxy would have to be used and the puzzle would be much larger as a result.