Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Which option best describes your situation?
I'm already a Tapatalk user and I would like to use it here. 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
I access the forum on my mobile device and would purchase Tapatalk. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
I access the forum on my mobile device, but I'm not interested in Tapatalk. 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
I access the forum on my mobile device, and suggest a different solution. (Give specifics in comments below.) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I access the forum on my mobile device, but am happy with the way things are. 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
I don't access the forum on a mobile device. 52%  52%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: Tapatalk Poll
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:55 am 

This is a follow up to this thread.

To help me make the best decision for the community, please take a moment to share your thoughts on the use of Tapatalk in this forum.

Sandy

Post subject: Re: Tapatalk Poll
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:45 am 

I primarily read forums on a mobile device and wish there was a better interface than a zoomed web page. A native app would be great, but I've tried/purchased TapaTalk and it just doesn't match my usage patterns - I'm almost always but not exclusive just wanting to glance at "new posts" and if nothing catches my fancy I'm done with no additional taps. So I just bookmark the "new posts" link and keep using the browser.

The only good solution I've seen is the mobile version of http://www.invisionpower.com/apps/board/

That said, if TapaTalk support is easy and there is sufficient demand I would have no reason to object.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:51 am 

What's the difference between options 3 and 5? I voted option 5, but to me it's the same as option 3.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 pm 

I'd like to join the poll, but none of the choice best describe my situation, which is,

I'm not a Tapatalk user. I access the forum on my phone, but since I haven't tried Tapatalk, I don't know if it's good or not. The current way (using safari to browser) is just so so. If Tapatalk or other app is better I'd like to try.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:34 pm 

I primarily read on my phone but I almost exclusively post from a computer. I'm on a phone right now.

For ideological reasons I'm highly opposed to purchasing Tapatalk or similar software.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:46 pm 

Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
I use Tapatalk and, whilst its not perfect, it seems to be the best of the forum accessing apps! It is great for browsing - especially looking at latest additions to the forum. I am not keen on posting with it because it misses out your custom aignature and doesn't allow access to smilies.

BUT it is so much better tha using a mobile browser. From your point of view it is a bit of work initially to set up but not much and it's quite important to keep the latest plugin installed. If you do it then I will be very grateful!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:28 pm 

My view: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

LinkedIn tried to transfer and force mobile users onto their dedicated app ... and it's virtually unusable, I hate it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:49 pm 

The thing is, there's nothing to be broken. This wouldn't be forcing you to use Tapatalk. If you're content with viewing the forum in the browser you can still do that. This would make it much easier for people who want faster load times, easier browsing ability and just about easier everything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:03 pm 

I am not sure if I would use it. In any case, please do not have a recurring popup on the forum constantly reminding me I should use tapatalk.

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

Last edited by TomZ on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm 

Having Tapatalk or other "solutions" available as an option would be nice. The trouble is if they become the only option or if you're constantly harrased to use them.