Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 15% Off Sale at Shapeways (Today Nov. 28)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:49 am 

Hey Everyone,

I thought I'd let everyone know that there is a 15% off sale going for ONE DAY ONLY across all of Shapeways. They're calling it Cyber Monday (a parody of "Black Friday"). I heard about this through the member email list, so I'm pretty sure it's ok for me to post the coupon code.

The coupon code is cyb11.

Buy puzzles while you can!

-Eitan

Post subject: 15% off at Shapeways! Today only! Multidodecahedron!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:17 am 

As part of cyber Monday, Shapeways is offering you a discount of 15%! The coupon code is cyb11, which you can enter during the confirmation stage of your order.
This discount is only valid today (Monday) so you need to hurry if you want to take advantage. You can use this coupon code to purchase item from any of Shapeways' puzzle shops, including Oskar's, Eric's, Greg's, Grigr's, Will's, Eitan's (pirsquared) and of course mine.

Because this is such an amazing offer I would like as many of you to be able to take advantage of it as possible. Even though I am not quite finished with the page for the Multidodecahedron, I would like to make it possible for you to order one taking advantage of this offer. With the coupon cyb11, the price for a white DIY kit decreases from $225/€210 to $190/€175. WSFP/BSF will be $210/€190 instead of $250/€225.
The puzzle kit includes 2 free sets of stickers. It's slightly more challenging to assemble than other puzzles but certainly doable. Turning out of the box should be really good, breaking in is barely required and with some lubricant it will be a great puzzle. You will need to provide your own M3 screws (approx. 10mm length) and optional springs (if using springs, it's also a good idea to use washers to protect the plastic from being worn down).
To order your Multidodecahedron DIY kit, simply purchase this model and then send me an email or private message with your order number. This is needed so I can contact Shapeways with instructions about your order so you will receive the puzzle you are expecting.
Together with my 4x5x6 from just $157/€140 you could get yourself my best two puzzles this year with an amazing 15% discount.

So pick up Steve Winter's amazing wireframe mazes, a Twisted Cube for a twisted price or even Oskar's 'Over the top' 17x17x17 for just $1400!

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

Post subject: Re: 15% off at Shapeways! Today only! Multidodecahedron!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 am 

Hmm the 4x4x6 for less than $110 is looking pretty tempting as well :) decisions, decisions....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:52 am 

Warning for EURO payment.
I wanted to order a BSF Multidodecahedron.
As I live in Germany 19 VAT is added = $297.49. OK
Shipping costs + $11.31 (is this new? I have never paid additional shipping before!)
Coupon applied -$38.92
Total: $262.48 = €187.47 Shapeways calculation.

I have made the mistake not to select EUR in the Shapeways shop and have paid $262.48 via Paypal.
They have such a bad exchange rate that this was calculated to €202.97.
This is a difference of 15.50€!!!

So, be careful choosing EUR currency at Shapeways if you order in an EUR country!
I'm trying to cancel this first order and would place a new one in EURO.

EDIT: I wanted to order a 4x5x6 and have carefully chosen €. When i arrive at Paypal it is the $ amount and Paypal gives me their bad exchange rate. Does anybody know if this a general problem? Can the designer choose a fix € price and the $ price floats with the exchange rate and vice versa?
Shapeways is in the EU, I am in the EU. Why is the € amount in their invoice not valid?
If it is Dollars only why do they offer the choice $ / €????

Last edited by Konrad on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 am 

I have a coupon from a model that they could not print, and I was hoping to pay using that. Unfortunately they only allow the use of one coupon per order. So its either the 15% discount and pay lots out of pocket. Or no discount and pay little out of pocket. :?

A little upsetting.

edit:

I suppose considering from what I have experienced (the quality of the print decreases during the rush before Christmas, I am assuming they bump up the speed and sacrifice detail to keep up with the orders) I will just keep my coupon for now and not take advantage of the discount, not worth it on my end I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm 

RIGHT ON TIME! just got it nearly before the code become invalid~pm sent^^ :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:37 pm 

The shipping fee is a relatively new thingy. Of course it is inconvenient that there are now hidden costs, but they did lower the printing prices so that in most cases, it is cheaper even with the new shipping fee.

As for currency: PayPal's conversion rates are horrible at best. It is almost always better to choose EUR at Shapeways if you will be using EUR in the PayPal environment as well. Previously it was possible to choose between paying in EUR or USD in the confirmation screen. Unfortunately, it seems Shapeways has very recently changed their payment interface and overlooked the option to pay in EUR. Currently, the only way to pay in EUR is to use bank transfer (can be activated via a tiny link near the payment button, but beware - this link instantly places your order).
Shapeways calculates the pricing in USD and the EUR price floats with according to a reasonable (mid-market) rate. Designers can not enter their pricing in EUR and must use USD.

The code should still be valid for another 10 hours or so. Don't miss out!

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34