Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thorny Cube Version 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:20 pm 

Thorny 2.0 is here... well sorta

Its worlds better then version 1.0. It turns... but is very very stiff and tight. A little sanding and some playing I hope will make that better... it is so stiff now it is actually harder to turn then Oskar's 17x17x17. So I don't really consider this playable at the moment.

But there is one BIG issue that I believe is at least partly to blame for the problems at the moment. Here is what the core of this puzzle should have looked like as I had it printed.

Note the inner 3x3x3 face centers are printed in place.

Well... after putting this puzzle together I happen to have 3 pieces left.

There is NO way these pieces seperated from the core during shipping and I can't get them back on without cutting something. I'm going to email Shapeways and ask for them to print me a new core as it was in the file I ordered and see what they say.

But I had to put this together to see how it looked and it actually almost functions at the moment. I can turn a face if I'm careful enough.

Carl

Post subject: Re: Thorny Cube Version 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:51 am 

Nice! I hope you can work out a reprint from Shapeways!

-Eitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:08 am 

If it's ONLY as stiff as Oskar's 17x17x17 it will ony require a little bit fo breaking in!! I'm so glad it's gonna work, this is just amazing!!

- Greg :D

My Website on Twisty Puzzles with Gears

Grégoire Pfennig

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:27 am 

pirsquared wrote:
Nice! I hope you can work out a reprint from Shapeways!

I think I have. I've got a coupon to re-order the core with. Now the wait...
RubixFreakGreg wrote:
If it's ONLY as stiff as Oskar's 17x17x17 it will ony require a little bit fo breaking in!! I'm so glad it's gonna work, this is just amazing!!

I wouldn't say "ONLY". I don't have Oskar's 17x17x17 to say for sure but at least that puzzle turns correctly and nothing pops. Mine is at least as stiff... I think stiffer... and care needs to be taken to keep the small circle pieces from popping. It can be done... just not easily.

And there is actually a bigger issue at the moment which may or may not be due to it missing the inner face centers. Its really hard to tell. This puzzle was designed such that if an outer layer with the corner attached to the core is rotated then that entire layer should rotate along with the opposite circular face center. If the outer layer doesn't contain the corner attached to the core then that sides circular face center should NOT rotate. And now that I have it assembled I can no longer tell which corner is attached to the core... but there is enough friction that all circular face centers rotate with their faces and the opposite circular face center isn't rotating with any of them. The lack of some pieces inside may be allowing for the external pieces to jump over the pins designed to hold them in place. Then again I may have sheared off all the pins forcing it to rotate. It certainly never felt like anything broke while I was rotating it but I plan on taking it apart again tonight to examine everthing and mark the key corner as well. At least if I did sheared off the pins I now have a new core coming.

I think the plan for this will be as follows..

(1) Assemble the core, 9 inner edges, and 7 corners.
(2) Play with this as a Fused Cube until the turning as as good as I can get it.
(3) Install the edges and face centers. This puzzle is designed to hold them tight even without the thorns (aka the small circle pieces) in place.
(4) Play with this as slighly modified Mixup Cube. 3 faces should rotate with their face center and the opposite face center. And 3 faces should be able to be rotated without their face center turning. This actually is a new puzzle by itself and I guess you could call it the Dethorned Cube or Dethorned Mixup Cube. Keep playing with it until everything turns properly and as well as I can get it.
(5) Install the thorns and hope its possible to overcome the added friction without breaking something.

Any recomendations on the best lube that can be used here? Should I do any sanding before putting things together again... I'm thinking the puzzle will sand itself with play.

Carl

Last edited by wwwmwww on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 am 

I have found the Maru lube is by far the best for my shapeways prints, my void giga and peta where very stiff a you described, a few drops and they turned godly. :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:57 am 

Well, you shouldn't design cores like that anyway. It's much better to have adjustable screws so you don't have to be scared of slightly skewed tolerances or sleepy printer operators.

I hope this one will turn out well when you get the right core..

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 pm 

TomZ wrote:
Well, you shouldn't design cores like that anyway. It's much better to have adjustable screws so you don't have to be scared of slightly skewed tolerances or sleepy printer operators.

I hope this one will turn out well when you get the right core..

Version 1.0 did have screws but they were very problematic. To fit they had to be very very small and the heads stripped before the screws were all the way in. To get a decent size screw in, this puzzle will need to be much larger and more expensive and I felt this was worth a try. This being my first puzzle to get to the 3D printing stages I still have tons to learn and I think one thing I've already learned is don't start with a design this complicated for your first puzzle. My next puzzle will be much much simplier but still and first of its kind... I hope that's still the case by the time it gets printed.

If a version 3.0 of this puzzle is needed it will likely come after I have a few other puzzles under my belt but this puzzle actually was designed to use the s-curve in the axes as a spring and is intented to keep the puzzle tight. Without the face centers pulling on this spring I believe the pins intended to lock the face centers to the core aren't fully engaging and that is why the puzzle is having some issues.

If this thing once assempled correct is able to turn correctly and even only turns as good as Oskar's 17x17x17 I'll consider it a success. I had a blast working out the geometry for this puzzle and who knows, in 10 years when better (smother, stronger, cheaper) materials are available I may come back and make this one 10cm square where the circle pieces will be much larger and more stable and at that scale I should have room to put nice size screws in. Right now I'm wanting a functional proof of concept. It still was pure joy putting this one together and there is some very interesting geometry inside this thing.

Carl

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:46 pm 

Just got done taking it apart...

The good news is there are no broken parts. All this pins are still intact. So with some lube, a new core, and proper breaking in, I still have high hopes for this puzzle.

There is also another option for dealing with the lack of screws. If the tension of this puzzle ever needs to be adjusted one could always add paper thin teflon washers between the inner face centers and the core.

Carl

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:34 pm 

I am extremely impressed and extremely excited to see how this turns out with the new core. I think your plan for breaking the puzzle in in stages sounds very good. I personally use CRC silicone spray. It works well, but sometimes you have to spray it quite a few times, it really soaks it up. Maru is a liquid so it might be a better choice, I don't really know.

Best of luck :D

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:07 am 

This topic is really giving me creeps by now!
How can you do this?
You make this topic so I go "Wooow" and klick on it and than I see this nice picture and than I read a text stating that something's wrong and will still take a while!
How long till it's done still? I need to see it finished already! :o :)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:55 am 

alaskajoe wrote:
How long till it's done still? I need to see it finished already! :o :)

Trust me I want to see this working too. I've ordered some Maru lube and Shapeways is re-printing the core... neither of which have arrived yet. Their customer service person didn't have a clue why the core didn't print correctly the first time so I'm half expecting the replacement core to show up in the same state but we'll see.

Also this is in the puzzle building section for a reason. Its still an open question if this puzzle will work as designed. It's is real battle with friction. I have a very similiar issue to the one Oskar is dealing with here.

Carl

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:00 am 

TomZ wrote:

I'm not familiar enough with 3D printers... what influence does a sleepy printer operator have on tolerances? They could load the wrong material... is that it?

Carl

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:18 am 

That was referring to the guy who disassembled your core before printing.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:55 am 

TomZ wrote:

Ahhh.... I hope that was a human error and that they know enough not to do it again. The file I submitted and that was accepted as printable has the core assembled. Why would they go to the extra step and take it apart? I was thinking maybe the face centers were "too close" to the core so the printer moved them for some reason.

Carl

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:00 am 

That's beacause all parts that don't touch each other are rehandled by the printing engineers and repositioned on the printing board. They probably didn't think those pieces were supposed to be in the core.

Grégoire Pfennig

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:09 am 

By the way, who was it that printed the 4 part clear 1x2x2's? As I recall they had access to a 3D printer though a university and the clear material they were using was better then what's available on Shapeways. I'm thinking ahead and if I continue to have problems with the pins locking in and keeping the face centers from rotating it might be nice to see what is actually happening on the inside and if I had one of these printed in clear that might help. Plus it looked like that clear material might offer less friction than SWF.

I did some searching (I think these were posted about a year ago) but I can't find them.

Carl

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:33 am 

I'm almost certain you are thinking of the "minimuus" 2x2x1.

It was made by verywetpaint.

I hope this works and you sell it on shapeways one day!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:47 am 

That was it. Thanks,

Carl

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:12 pm 

wwwmwww wrote:
TomZ wrote:

Ahhh.... I hope that was a human error and that they know enough not to do it again. The file I submitted and that was accepted as printable has the core assembled. Why would they go to the extra step and take it apart? I was thinking maybe the face centers were "too close" to the core so the printer moved them for some reason.

Carl

That can happen very easily by mistake.

When the operator is moving parts around to pack the build cavity the EOS software allows him to select individual part shells to move. If the operator was viewing the core from the wrong side he couldn't see it was made of four shells; he probably selected the big shell and moved it somewhere else. Even if he saw the 3 other shells he probably just thought they were unconnected parts that had been obscured behind the big piece.

You can help the operator by arranging your STLs so interesting details face upward and toward the X axis. (Hint: If you can't see the important details in an 'isometric view' in a typical STL viewer then the EOS operator probably won't see them either.)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:11 pm 

Couldn't you also just build a tiny super thin piece to attach them to the core that you could easily snap/cut off? It seems very risky for this very reason to leave the 2 (or 4 pieces in your case) floating separate from each other.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:05 pm 

Hmmm....

I half expected this to happen. Shapeways was kind enough to give me a coupon for the order they messed up. This was the core and most of the rest of the puzzle. To help and not to take too much advantage of the situation I submitted an STL file for just the core and its attached face centers. The coupon was more then enough to order 2 copies of the core so that is what I did. Plus 1 was less then the minimum order by itself anyways. I just got them today. Here is the picture seen of the core on the packing slip.

You can clearly see the face centers. Here is what I got. Bag hasn't even been opened yet.

And not only did they NOT print these with the face centers attached this time they didn't even give me the face centers loose. ARG!!!!

What am I doing wrong!? Oskar can pull off this trick.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/47949/

I assume... has anyone actually ordered this? Does it come in pieces that can't be put together?

In this thread:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=12171&S=c5b91fa9ad89239113b79cc60f2f8df8#msg_12171

TomZ (is that the same TomZ in this thread? I assume so) states "Shapeways will print whatever is in the STL file you give them, exactly as you give it to them. If you want to print an assembled chain, you need to give them an STL file of the chain, already assembled."

That is WHAT I'm doing and its NOT what I'm getting. I'll email them again but I'll hold off till tomorrow so I can think about what I want to say. I've gone though this once and was given a coupon that was good for 24 hours to order again. I suspect they will do that again as well but I really want to get what I'm ordering and I don't want to have to go through this a 3rd time. Do I need to just contact them the same way as I did before? Anyone in particular I should try to contact? I don't think their typical customer service rep even understood the problem.

At the moment I think I could submit an STL file for an assembled chain and get a bunch of disassembled chain links (or maybe just 1 chain link).

Ideas?

Carl

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 pm 

They compensated your faulty part with a faulty part, and you seemed like you told them what the issue was. I would either contact them again and try for a third time, or just redesign the core to a mechanism without the centers like that.

PB: At home (In Competition)
2x2 1.xx (2.88)
3x3 11.xx (15.81)
4x4 1:18.26 (1:24.63)
5x5 (3:00.02)
6x6 4:26.05 (6:34.68)
7x7 6:38.74 (9:48.81)
OH (35.63)

Current Goals:
7x7 sub 6:30
4x4 sub 1:10

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:04 pm 

I have been following this thread. Maybe you should just make the core pieces a part like this

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:05 pm 

That's really odd. Whenever I've had a problem with a print, they've always done a fantastic job of fixing things. Try addressing the message to Joost Denissen. He has helped me a lot in the past.

And, eye2eye, no. That is not a good idea for a mechanism. I tried the printed version of that cube, and it was awful. (No offense Kapusta. It was a fun idea, it just didn't work.)

Good luck!

-Eitan

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:27 am 

GuiltyBystander wrote:
Couldn't you also just build a tiny super thin piece to attach them to the core that you could easily snap/cut off? It seems very risky for this very reason to leave the 2 (or 4 pieces in your case) floating separate from each other.

I think this is a good idea. Just connect the floating centers to the core arms using small "rods" which can be easily cut off to separate the pieces.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:17 am 

He could just do it with surfaces with no thickness. as long as it's attached in the STL, it shouldn't move out of place, but obviously something with 0 thickness won't print (unless that would cause an error).

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:28 am 

pirsquared wrote:
And, eye2eye, no. That is not a good idea for a mechanism. I tried the printed version of that cube, and it was awful. (No offense Kapusta. It was a fun idea, it just didn't work.)

None taken :P Honestly, I think it might have some kind of potential if someone could do it with the tolerances right. No one ever had explained tolerances to me correctly while I was designing it, and I designed it with so many problems it was ridiculous. (Just one of the problems: 1.5 mm tolerances- no, not .15 mm- on many pieces, 1 mm on others.)

PB: At home (In Competition)
2x2 1.xx (2.88)
3x3 11.xx (15.81)
4x4 1:18.26 (1:24.63)
5x5 (3:00.02)
6x6 4:26.05 (6:34.68)
7x7 6:38.74 (9:48.81)
OH (35.63)

Current Goals:
7x7 sub 6:30
4x4 sub 1:10

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:42 pm 

Finally got a coupon from Shapeways due to their last error so 2 new cores have been ordered. Notice the difference between the two?

This is the image as it appears on Shapeways. I hope they both get printed correctly but I won't hold my breath.

Carl

EDIT: Just today got this picture from Shapeways.

http://wwwmwww.com/Puzzle/Thorny/cores.JPG

They said this is how the part was going to be printed so maybe they'll get it right this time.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:49 pm 

Has it arrived yet? If so did it succeed?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:55 pm 

CadenceCPK wrote:
Has it arrived yet? If so did it succeed?

The order for the last 2 cores was placed just Wednesday so its probably another week or so before they show up.

Carl

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:24 am 

Why are the floating centers at a slight angle? Is this for better printing or better spacing between the pieces?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:37 am 

They're moved down from where they should be, so they would intersect if they weren't at an angle.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:41 pm 

Tom's correct. By the way, the more I look at that pic of the core the more I think it looks like the head of Marvin the Martian with his eyes popping out. Maybe I've looked at it a bit too long. :lol:

Carl

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm 

SO TRUE!!! :lol:

Grégoire Pfennig

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:21 pm 

Carl, if I may offer some advice on the turning of the puzzle,

Before you do any sanding, try boiling the parts, assembling the puzzle, then lubricating it with CRC Silicone or some kind of similar Silicone spray. You will most likely get a major improvement in turning quality.

Sanding, without doing the process above, will probably result in a very loose puzzle over time since the SLS will gradually polish itself. The CRC seems to accelerate this process.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:22 am 

I got the cores from Shapeways yesterday and BOTH were printed correctly this time. I also have some Maru lube and was able to assemble the core, inner edges, and corners yesterday to start the break in process. I had put some Maru lube on the inside and was able to get smooth rotation on two axes. The third axis had its face center piece get stuck to its axis and when I forced rotation it just snapped the axis as the point where it was narrowed to allow the face piece to be printed in its recessed position. I know why it stuck and the proper way to fix it will require a few design changes so there will be another delay.

That said I do have another core but I need to pick up an X-acto knife to cut the tethers on that one and I will also pick up some CRC Silicone. I may be able to get this one to work with enough lube and I need to make sure the inner face center pieces, attached to the core, are very well lubed. I'll give that a try this weekend.

Anyone know if Maru lube and CRC Silicone can be used together?

Carl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:36 am 

I used CRC in my F2 and about a week later I relubed it with maru lube without cleaning out the old CRC. It still turned fine. But with printed puzzles I would probably use CRC because the material absorbs liquid easily and it would take a lot of maru lube. CRC is cheap enough that you can pretty much soak each piece in it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm 

I must preface this post by saying CRC Silicone Spray is worth its weight in gold.

wwwmwww wrote:
(1) Assemble the core, 9 inner edges, and 7 corners.

Done.

This thing was 20x easier to put together after the parts were saturated with CRC Silicone Spray. It was next to impossible to assemble without it. It still takes a bit of force to put the last piece in but it is now a very satisfying click. I take back what I said about it needing design changes... it simply needed CRC Silicone Spray.

wwwmwww wrote:
(2) Play with this as a Fused Cube until the turning as as good as I can get it.

Its tight. Alignment is critical. But when its aligned it now turns as smooth as butter and its impossible to pop. This is EXACTLY what I needed.

wwwmwww wrote:
(3) Install the edges and face centers. This puzzle is designed to hold them tight even without the thorns (aka the small circle pieces) in place.

Done.

wwwmwww wrote:
(4) Play with this as slighly modified Mixup Cube. 3 faces should rotate with their face center and the opposite face center. And 3 faces should be able to be rotated without their face center turning. This actually is a new puzzle by itself and I guess you could call it the Dethorned Cube or Dethorned Mixup Cube. Keep playing with it until everything turns properly and as well as I can get it.

WOW!!! This thing turns FAR better then I ever thought possible at this stage. I don't have any of the other Mixup Cubes to compare it to but this turns GREAT. Before I install the thorns I'm going to try and make a puzzle video to post. Regardless of how the puzzle turns out now the Dethorned Cube is a successful puzzle all by itself.

Does this need to be died and stickered before I can post this in the New Puzzle section? And I know severeal here make stickers for custom puzzles. Is there a thread that lists my options and what they require to make the stickers?

I'm also tempted to try and prsent this as 3 puzzles.
(1) A 2x2x2 or Fused Cube/ with the inner edges and face centers un-stickered
(2) The Dethorned Cube (Almost a normal Mixup Cube but with a twist)
(3) The Thorny Cube (provided the last stage goes as well as the first two)

Thoughts?

Carl

P.S. Oh... and the core with the tethers is certainly the way to go. It was very easy to remove the tethers with an X-acto Knife and this should remove Shapeways ability to print these pieces in the wrong place (or not print them at all).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:47 pm 

Wow! It's looking good Carl. I for one would love to see a video at this stage, and I can't wait until it's finished. Is it at all possible to make the circles work like a regular Crazy 3x3x3 rather than a Crazy 2x2x2, possibly by somehow connecting the internal 3x3x3 edges to the Mixup edges? I would generally prefer a more symmetrical design.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:30 pm 

This looks fantastic - I have been following this stage by stage, seeing continual improvement, and look how far it has come. If this turns out to be a well-working puzzle, I may have to consider purchasing one (if, that is, they are made available to purchase :)).

As always, great job!

Chris

John F. Kennedy said: "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." One of those other things may have been building the 17x17x17.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 pm 

Luke wrote:
Wow! It's looking good Carl. I for one would love to see a video at this stage

Here you go...
Video

Luke wrote:
and I can't wait until it's finished. Is it at all possible to make the circles work like a regular Crazy 3x3x3 rather than a Crazy 2x2x2, possibly by somehow connecting the internal 3x3x3 edges to the Mixup edges? I would generally prefer a more symmetrical design.

I believe the answer is no. If you try to tie the face centers to the rotation of the slice layer you run into issues because the slice layer allows rotation after just a 45 degree turn. If the opposite face is turned if must be turned by 90 degrees and that works better for this puzzle.

The circles currently 4 fold symmetry. I guess in principle you could cut them up into more pieces to give it 8 fold symmetry and have something that may work on paper but the pieces would be even smaller and much harder to make stable.

Carl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:28 pm 

cjgerik wrote:
This looks fantastic - I have been following this stage by stage, seeing continual improvement, and look how far it has come. If this turns out to be a well-working puzzle, I may have to consider purchasing one (if, that is, they are made available to purchase :)).

I plan on putting this up on Shapeways for sale once its as good as I can make it. Even if its not perfect I'll have a video showing its quality and I'll let the viewer judge if its well-working enough. That way if someone wants it they can get it.

Carl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:30 pm 

awesome! I cant wait to see it with the thorns!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:33 pm 

cubedude76 wrote:

+1 to that! Awesome work, with all of the issues that this puzzle has given you, (loose model, popping, misprints, and more misprints) it is good to see that all of your hard work has finally paid off.

Awesome puzzle! I like the background of the pictures!

Past project: The Geode
Current Project: Replica RPK-74
Future Project: Possibly another master mental
Oskar wrote:
I am now adding dummy cubes to my models to cross the 10% density threshold and save myself money big time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 pm 

cubedude76 wrote:

Here you go. With the sun down I don't have enough light to get a good quality video but I think I'm going to need a new camera anyways.

Video

In short it works and that is actually more then I expected. The thorns (aka small pieces) are prone to poping. But with care rotations can be made as they are intended. I'm not sure I'd really call this a playable puzzle but it is certainly a working proof of concept.

Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:06 am 

I can't view the video right now, how large/small is it?

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:44 am 

cool! hopefully once you break it in some more you can show us some shape shifting turns! I'm glad it works though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:23 pm 

This is amazing, I can't wait until it's stickered :D

But that is only 2 kinds of people what is the 3rd?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:40 pm 

A scrambled picture of the Dethorned Cube.

This is the state the puzzle was in after this assembly video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wqRwJW1OQE

Here is a video showing some mixup turns on the fully assembled Thorny Cube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PS9imuZzTE

And these are a few pics of the state it was in after that video.

And I made a few more turns after the video...

Enjoy,
Carl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:46 pm 

theVDude wrote:
I can't view the video right now, how large/small is it?
57mm on an edge. The same size as a basic 3x3x3 I believe.
cubedude76 wrote:
cool! hopefully once you break it in some more you can show us some shape shifting turns! I'm glad it works though.
Is the above good?
MonkeyZ wrote:
This is amazing, I can't wait until it's stickered :D
Still need to get some ordered. Though as well as the black electrical tape sticks I'm temped to buy some different colors and make my own stickers. I should also dye it black. But I won't be able to take this all the way apart. The 2x2x2/Fused Cube stage I don't think is ever coming apart again without something breaking. Having never dyed one of these before will I likely have any issued trying to dye that stage assembled?

Carl