Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Hey there, I play guitar, how many of you do?
But anyway I have 2 videos up on youtube of me playing some guitar, and I would love to get your opinions.
Please disregard the other videos, I share the account with my sister.

Dragonforce - Heart of a Dragon - Solo Cover
Rhapsody - Unholy Warcry - Solo Cover
Flight of the Bumblebee - Guitar

Tell me what you think.

Thanks!! :D

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Last edited by Shenron on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:56 am
Dude you're amazing!
I recently started getting into guitar, I own an acoustic, but ordered an electric guitar just tonight!

What guitar are you playing with?
Also, I noticed two other guitars in the background, what are those?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Thank you!

The guitar I was using is an Ibanez Presitge. Best guitar I've ever played.
As for the two guitars in the back, one is an acoustic which I have no info on :P
The other red one is an ESP LTD. Thats about all I know about it. I use it for much lower tuning as I have heavy gauge strings on it.

I hope to see some videos of your playing, practice can be annoying, but it all pays off in the end :D

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:45 am
Location: New Zealand
That was pretty awesome!

How long have you been playing guitar for, and how much do you practice?

I've been teaching myself for a few months, but I'm nowhere near that good :P .

Do you have any good exercises that could help? I can play many chords easily, and also some basic riffs, but when it comes to solos, I'm terrible because my hands don't like playing in coordination at faster speeds :lol: .

-Mark- :)

_________________
My Shapeways Shop!
Tony Fisher wrote:
A rare puzzle is one that is only lightly cooked.

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Squiggle is such a funny word to say out loud. Squiggle! :lol:

I am with Frank's Family


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Door wrote:
That was pretty awesome!

How long have you been playing guitar for, and how much do you practice?

I've been teaching myself for a few months, but I'm nowhere near that good :P .

Do you have any good exercises that could help? I can play many chords easily, and also some basic riffs, but when it comes to solos, I'm terrible because my hands don't like playing in coordination at faster speeds :lol: .

-Mark- :)


Ive been playing for about 5 years. Self taught. I dont really practice anymore I just pick up my guitar and play some songs then go do something else :P
But some good things ive found is practice regular scales at slow speeds, then pick up to fast speeds, then back to slow. If you master that, it will make you ten times faster. With solos just remember to stay in a basic 4 fret spread. In my videos you can see my hand is basically in the same position just different areas on the neck, excluding the Unholy Warcry solo, thats sweep picking, and that is much more complicated.

I hope that helps!

:D

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Sorry to bump the topic, but I think you guys should take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWVyO4gS ... re=related

Ill be doing a cover of this :D

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: PA, USA
technically its a guitar cover,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfWcmNhTICA

That's my band playing A Day to Remember's, All I Want. I'm on bass.

_________________
pirsquared wrote:
It's fully printed in White Strong and Flexible (kind of like me! )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Not bad! I made a recording of "My Fears Have Become Phobias" by As Blood Runs Black
Ill post it up tomorrow. In it I did everything, The two guitars, bass, vocals, and drums.

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Last edited by Shenron on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:57 pm
Location: Pittsburgh
ulmboy556 wrote:
technically its a guitar cover,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfWcmNhTICA

That's my band playing A Day to Remember's, All I Want. I'm on bass.

Bass is the best instrument. I don't have one anymore, but my favorite thing to play was Had a Dat from sublime and Bassically, the bass solo intro to black sabbath's N.I.B.

_________________
3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
I find drums, and Guitar to be my favorite.

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:45 am
Location: New Zealand
Metroid wrote:
Door wrote:
Do you have any good exercises that could help? I can play many chords easily, and also some basic riffs, but when it comes to solos, I'm terrible because my hands don't like playing in coordination at faster speeds :lol: .

-Mark- :)
Ive been playing for about 5 years. Self taught. I dont really practice anymore I just pick up my guitar and play some songs then go do something else :P
But some good things ive found is practice regular scales at slow speeds, then pick up to fast speeds, then back to slow. If you master that, it will make you ten times faster. With solos just remember to stay in a basic 4 fret spread. In my videos you can see my hand is basically in the same position just different areas on the neck, excluding the Unholy Warcry solo, thats sweep picking, and that is much more complicated.

I hope that helps!

:D


Thanks for the explanation!

For scales, should I do any particular? Or just the basic Major, Minor, and Pentatonic?

My goal is to be one day able to play this solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITIfITKGhVw
I don't think I will be able to any time soon though! And I still can't get over how easy he makes that fast sweep section look!

-Mark- :)

_________________
My Shapeways Shop!
Tony Fisher wrote:
A rare puzzle is one that is only lightly cooked.

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Squiggle is such a funny word to say out loud. Squiggle! :lol:

I am with Frank's Family


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 pm
Location: USA Michigan
Your very talented! Keep up the good work. May I suggest you learn some SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughan). He is my favorite guitarist. He is AMAZING!


Chris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Door wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Door wrote:
Do you have any good exercises that could help? I can play many chords easily, and also some basic riffs, but when it comes to solos, I'm terrible because my hands don't like playing in coordination at faster speeds :lol: .

-Mark- :)
Ive been playing for about 5 years. Self taught. I dont really practice anymore I just pick up my guitar and play some songs then go do something else :P
But some good things ive found is practice regular scales at slow speeds, then pick up to fast speeds, then back to slow. If you master that, it will make you ten times faster. With solos just remember to stay in a basic 4 fret spread. In my videos you can see my hand is basically in the same position just different areas on the neck, excluding the Unholy Warcry solo, thats sweep picking, and that is much more complicated.

I hope that helps!

:D


Thanks for the explanation!

For scales, should I do any particular? Or just the basic Major, Minor, and Pentatonic?

My goal is to be one day able to play this solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITIfITKGhVw
I don't think I will be able to any time soon though! And I still can't get over how easy he makes that fast sweep section look!

-Mark- :)


Just do some regular scales, then do the same scale doing triplets, then quadruplets.
Sweeping, is hard to learn, but once you get it you basically can go as fast as you want. The sweeps in that video are pretty crazy though, I could probably do some scales that fast but not all.


Quote:
Your very talented! Keep up the good work. May I suggest you learn some SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughan). He is my favorite guitarist. He is AMAZING!


Thank you!! I will check him out for sure.

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:55 pm
Location: Montana
You make it look so easy...

_________________
Andreas Nortmann wrote:
Things like this are illegal.
If not I will pass an appropriate law.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:37 am
Location: Waco, TX and South Bend, IN
Very nice! I'm teaching myself some guitar, on an vintage acoustic Gibson from the 1960s. I'd love to be this great some day, however, I think I'll focus on the piano. Nice work!

Chris

_________________
Oskar wrote:
John F. Kennedy said: "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." One of those other things may have been building the 17x17x17.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: PA, USA
Metroid wrote:
I find drums, and Guitar to be my favorite.


The drums in that video are actually mine, how long have you played?

_________________
pirsquared wrote:
It's fully printed in White Strong and Flexible (kind of like me! )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Rentlix wrote:
You make it look so easy...


Practice, practice, practice :)

ulmboy556 wrote:
The drums in that video are actually mine, how long have you played?


Ive played drums and guitar for 6 years.

Here is my My Fears Have Become Phobias Cover by As Blood Runs Black

Everything was done by me, nothing is from the real song.

Enjoy!

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Sorry to double post again :oops:

But, I have 2 more covers id like you guys to listen to for me.
Here they are:
Dethklok - Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Metallica - Creeping Death

I really want your opinions on these.

Thank you!

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: PA, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vy7xZEDaTM

an original by my band.

_________________
pirsquared wrote:
It's fully printed in White Strong and Flexible (kind of like me! )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guitar Covers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Hey all, really sorry about bumping this topic from Jan.
(I understand if mods need to take care of it)

I just really need your opinion on my Flight of the Bumbleebee guitar version.
Link at the top.

Thanks so much.

_________________
Image
Sig made by me.

Dragonball is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group