Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm 

Just stickered a Sheng En Type F with the new smaller 3x3x3 stickers... looks great!

Attachment:
TypeF-CS.jpg
TypeF-CS.jpg [ 54.13 KiB | Viewed 6839 times ]

They are a bit larger than the stickers that came on it, but still 1mm smaller than regular stickers.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm 

We put up the light tile colors today - light green, light purple, and pink, along with a 6 color light tile set available in all sizes. There's also 3x3x2 domino sticker sets, octahedron (and face-turning octahedron) sets, and rainbow cube stickers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:07 pm 

Oh goody! Now I can cut some Megaminx tiles now! Or even a Gigaminx! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:08 am 

I'm looking forward to getting a Rainbow Cube set, but their does have to be a 14 colour discounted set also.

And now only a few more colours until we can have Megaminx sets! Yay!

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 pm 

Oh, & Crystal, will the uncut tile sheets be enough for each side of the Teraminx? They probably will, but I want to make sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:20 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
Oh, & Crystal, will the uncut tile sheets be enough for each side of the Teraminx? They probably will, but I want to make sure.

It looks like it'll be just enough if you don't make too many mistakes ;)
Our uncut sheets measure 3 inches square, and the Teraminx faces measure just slightly under 3 inches square, with extra room at the corners where there are no stickers, so you'd have a little extra tile material if you messed up. I'm not sure how close you can cut the tile material by hand, but if you can cut it in a pattern similar to the way the vinyl stickers are cut, you should have enough.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:52 pm 

Great! I'll be sure to try it out some time in the future!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:42 pm 

Hey guys,
Lots of people have asked for a Supercube set like we offered in the past, but we had problems with the manufacturing of these sets, which is why we discontinued them. We have had a few suggestions that we offer a 6 color Shepherd's set to function as a Supercube. It took a while, but we finally got them done and on the site. You'll now find 3x3x3 Shepherd's stickers (the ones with the arrows) in 15 different colors. You can still order each color as a one-color set, but now you can also order a 6-color set, or singles to customize your set any way you'd like. We weren't sure how to list them on the site, so we just added a new page with the 6-color sets and singles, and added the single color sets to the Shepherd's page that already exists. Here's the links:
http://cubesmith.com/3x3x3Shepherd%27s% ... 0Color.htm
http://cubesmith.com/3x3x3%20Shepherd%2 ... -Color.htm

Oh, there's no pics up yet, because my camera batteries are dead :( I will pick up some batteries tonight and get pics up soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:14 pm 

Woot! I've been wanting some of these for ages! Oh, and will you get 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 super sets as well?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:21 pm 

Yes! Something to replace those crooked & faded "T's" I wrote on my tiles! I'll be placing an order soon :D

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:54 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:
will you get 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 super sets as well?

We do plan to offer them eventually...We want to see how well these sell first, though :)

Edit: ^^Re-reading that, it didn't sound right...What I mean is that they are on our to-do list, along with a lot of other things. If the demand is high enough, we will print the shepherd's sets sooner rather than later :)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:52 pm 

Rainbow Cube singles are now available. Please note *for rainbow cube singles, you must choose either squares or triangles. You will receive two faces in the shape and color you have chosen.

Pictures of the 6 color Shepherd's sets are also up.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:23 pm 

Are you guys looking into flowerminx stickers? Because the stickers that came on my flowerminx were cut in the wrong shape and positioned incorrectly.

http://www.youtube.com/user/336616

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:20 pm 

336616 wrote:
Are you guys looking into flowerminx stickers? Because the stickers that came on my flowerminx were cut in the wrong shape and positioned incorrectly.

Yes, we are working on them. We had a cut file, but it didn't fit the way Chris wanted it to, so he was planning to adjust it a bit. That will likely be our next available vinyl sticker set.

Can I get some input from you guys about what sets you'd like us to offer? We have a to-do list, but aren't really in touch with which new puzzles are getting popular or need better stickers, so it'd help if you guys could let us know what you need. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:17 pm 

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet. How about helicopter cube stickers? I don't have one yet, but I heard that it has a crazy color scheme, so I personally would want to change that.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:41 am 

I'm glad you'll get the Flowerminx stickers out soon. Helicopter cube seems like a good idea as well.

Here are some more puzzles I'd like to see the stickers for:

4x4x4 octahedron
3x3x3 dodecahedron
Trajber's octahedron

There are more puzzles there that I hope to resticker one day, but these are the most interesting ones that I'd like to see first.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 am 

Aww, after several orders with cubesmith I have my first issue (wrong set received :|) I've emailed, just hoping this is resolved quickly now. Damn quick turn around though, ordered less than 2 weeks ago from UK :)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:32 am 

Currently, I would order stickers for the, Pyraminx Crystal, (Accept I already got some from an alternate source :) ), Flowerminx, & maybe the Helicopter Cube. But without having a Helicopter Cube, it would depend on the quality of the stickers it came with, & whether I could afford uncut tile material for it.

But certainly go for the Pyraminx Crystal & Flowerminx.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:27 pm 

Helicopter stickers would be welcomed. At least orange and white so I can swap faces and red is opposite orange where they belong.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:31 pm 

Disjunto wrote:
Aww, after several orders with cubesmith I have my first issue (wrong set received :|) I've emailed, just hoping this is resolved quickly now. Damn quick turn around though, ordered less than 2 weeks ago from UK :)

resolved. good work :)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:32 pm 

Here's a list of stickers which I'm sure most of us would love to see shortly:

Pyraminx Crystal
FlowerMinx
Rainbow Cube 14 Colours Sets
Helicopter Cube
Gear Cube
Skewb Diamond
Pyramorphinx
Hexagonal Dipyramid Mods/ Truncated Mass Produced HD

And maybe some tiles for:

Square-1
Skewb
Golden Cube

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:29 pm 

The Fisher's Cube set doesn't fit the new mass produced Fisher's Cube.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 pm 

maarten wrote:
Helicopter stickers would be welcomed. At least orange and white so I can swap faces and red is opposite orange where they belong.

Don't forget black, not all people like black cubes, or white on white (ME) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:09 am 

Volitar Prime wrote:
Those original sets were for the mod, which made the cuts exactly at the cubie edges, thus wasn't a perfect cube.

Begin Math Geek Mode:
= = = = = = =
The edge length on a perfect fisher cube mod of a standard 57mm cube would be 53-54mm, or the length of one diagonal on a standard cubie multiplied by 2. In cubie units, that would be 3 unit high, and the square root of 2 multiplied by 2 long and wide, which is actually 2.82 cubie units square...
= = = = = = =
End Math Geek Mode.

So a true fisher cube mod is 53x53x57, which is not a perfect cube.
And a true windmill cube mod (not the fake knockoff) is even narrower...

The mass-produced "Fisher" Cube is 57x57x57 mm, which is a perfect cube. Obviously, the people who designed it were not familiar with mod geometries :|

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:23 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
Volitar Prime wrote:
Those original sets were for the mod, which made the cuts exactly at the cubie edges, thus wasn't a perfect cube.

Begin Math Geek Mode:
= = = = = = =
The edge length on a perfect fisher cube mod of a standard 57mm cube would be 53-54mm, or the length of one diagonal on a standard cubie multiplied by 2. In cubie units, that would be 3 unit high, and the square root of 2 multiplied by 2 long and wide, which is actually 2.82 cubie units square...
= = = = = = =
End Math Geek Mode.

The mass-produced "Fisher" Cube is 57x57x57 mm, which is a perfect cube. Obviously, the people who designed it were not familiar with mod geometries :|

Built properly, they'll both still be perfect cubes. The FIRST windmill cube was a perfect cube.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:53 am 

theVDude wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:
Volitar Prime wrote:

Begin Math Geek Mode:
= = = = = = =
= = = = = = =
End Math Geek Mode.

Built properly, they'll both still be perfect cubes. The FIRST windmill cube was a perfect cube.

A perfectly made Fisher Cube is not a Cube.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:38 pm 

Okay, I concede defeat.

:(

Though a perfectly made windmill cube WILL BE a perfect cube. That's why it's a hard mod to do.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:58 pm 

There's one more puzzle I forgot to mention the other day: Crazy 2x3x3.

These kind of stickers are particularly difficult to cut by hand and the ones it comes with are not the best quality (you can see black plastic through the yellow stickers).

Just make sure you buy the original Crazy 2x3x3. The ones being sold by Popbuying have thinner plastic. They are also slightly taller and turn really badly. The official one has thicker plastic and turns a lot better. That's the one I'd like to see stickers for.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:17 am 

Tony Fisher wrote:
Quote:

A perfectly made Fisher Cube is not a Cube.

Thanks for backing me up, Tony :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:24 am 

I just got my helicopter cube today and I noticed that skewb stickers fit it perfectly. So, if you can't wait simply order two sets :D

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:19 am 

Alex wrote:
I just got my helicopter cube today and I noticed that skewb stickers fit it perfectly. So, if you can't wait simply order two sets :D

That makes me want to order skewbs when I get my helicube, to have the nice grooved vinyl stickers on it.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:32 pm 

Okay guys, thanks for the input, keep the suggestions coming :)
We are now working on Flowerminx sets and singles, 14-color Rainbow Cube sets, 3x3x7 sets and singles, Pyraminx Crystal sets and singles, and Crazy 3x3x2 sets and singles.

Volitar Prime wrote:

Chris is looking into this...Don't know if we'll change the existing set or add a new one. I'll let you guys know when I know.

Alex wrote:

Where'd you get your cube? We can only find it for presale...We've been holding out on this one since we don't have a Helicopter Cube to match the sticker sizes. We have a cut file for Helicopter cube stickers, but it looks like the inner triangles are a little smaller than the outer triangles, but you say the outer skewb triangles fit perfectly? We aren't sure now if they should be smaller or not. Can you guys help us figure this one out so we can get the stickers on the site? :)

I think I've addressed everyone's comments...If I forgot anything, feel free to ask again :D

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:41 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Okay guys, thanks for the input, keep the suggestions coming :)
We are now working on Flowerminx sets and singles, 14-color Rainbow Cube sets, 3x3x7 sets and singles, Pyraminx Crystal sets and singles, and Crazy 3x3x2 sets and singles.

Volitar Prime wrote:

Chris is looking into this...Don't know if we'll change the existing set or add a new one. I'll let you guys know when I know.

Alex wrote:

Where'd you get your cube? We can only find it for presale...We've been holding out on this one since we don't have a Helicopter Cube to match the sticker sizes. We have a cut file for Helicopter cube stickers, but it looks like the inner triangles are a little smaller than the outer triangles, but you say the outer skewb triangles fit perfectly? We aren't sure now if they should be smaller or not. Can you guys help us figure this one out so we can get the stickers on the site? :)

I think I've addressed everyone's comments...If I forgot anything, feel free to ask again :D

They were available at mefferts but they are now sold out. Jason (from thetwistystore) said he will have his in this week and start shipping after that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/336616

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:47 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:

OK, maybe I should replace "perfectly" with "nicely". The official stickers are indeed smaller on the inner pieces.

Here's a picture:

Attachment:
helicopter.jpg
helicopter.jpg [ 95.4 KiB | Viewed 5718 times ]

The left side still has original stickers. On the right side the centres are skewb stickers, the white corner is from one quater of a skewb centre piece sticker (I ran out of corners) and the green corner is again the original.

As you can see, skewb corners are definitely bigger than helicopter centres. It's difficult to say for the corners because the stickers are rounded. I still think it's a nice fit but you'll probably want to wait a couple of weeks for the official stickers. This is just a hack for the impatient ones (=me).

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 am 

This doesn't have anything to do with stickers, but would you guys consider carrying 3x3 cores.When I order my v-cube smooth tiles, it would be great to be able to order some cores to fully mod my v-cubes.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm 

Flowerminx stickers are now available, as well as a 14 color Rainbow Cube set.
:scrambled: http://cubesmith.com/flowerminx.htm
:scrambled: http://cubesmith.com/rainbow%20cube.htm

Beans wrote:
would you guys consider carrying 3x3 cores

It is not likely that we will sell 3x3 cores...As explained on our FAQ page, with so many different versions of 3x3 puzzles out there that it would be too difficult to ensure that the pieces sold would match the puzzle you have.
As some of you may have seen on the parts page, we have been out of stock on many 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 parts for quite a while...We are considering discontinuing selling parts altogether, since we end up with so many of the parts that don't often break and can't really do anything with them. Purchasing new puzzles to part out for the few pieces that sell is becoming a less business-friendly idea as our stock of other parts has become so large.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:21 pm 

Wow! Great timing Crystal! I finally got spending money today & was filling out my Cubesmith order when I saw the Flowerminx stickers! Yay!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:14 am 

Yay, now I can get rid of these rubbishly placed stickers on it!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:02 pm 

Crazy 3x3x2 Sets are up....Singles will be up soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:15 pm 

maarten wrote:

Is that the Meffert's helicopter? I'm still waiting for mine from The Twisty Store. I thought it was supposed to use "Japanese" coloring... which is the only sensible coloring, in my book. :-) But that does have red opposite orange.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:13 pm 

bhearn wrote:
maarten wrote:

Is that the Meffert's helicopter? I'm still waiting for mine from The Twisty Store. I thought it was supposed to use "Japanese" coloring... which is the only sensible coloring, in my book. :-) But that does have red opposite orange.

Could you define what Japanese coloring is? Because my helicopter cube from Meffert's (I assume it's the same pattern as the Twisty Store) does not have red opposite orange. If you swap the orange and white colors on my helicopter cube, you'll get the standard plus yellow scheme.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:27 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:

You say it comes with 3x3x3 stickers for the 2x3 sides. The puzzle is actually a bit taller (40mm instead of 38mm), so square stickers are not a perfect fit. They could be at least 1 mm taller in one direction.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:04 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:

We will be releasing a Fisher's Cube set for the square version (with slightly larger stickers) soon.

Alex wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:

You say it comes with 3x3x3 stickers for the 2x3 sides. The puzzle is actually a bit taller (40mm instead of 38mm), so square stickers are not a perfect fit. They could be at least 1 mm taller in one direction.

Because the size difference is so slight, it is not likely we will make stickers that are 1mm bigger.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:11 pm 

GuiltyBystander wrote:
Could you define what Japanese coloring is? Because my helicopter cube from Meffert's (I assume it's the same pattern as the Twisty Store) does not have red opposite orange. If you swap the orange and white colors on my helicopter cube, you'll get the standard plus yellow scheme.

I don't know what "standard plus yellow" means. These days, new Rubik's cubes have blue opposite green, red opposite orange, white opposite yellow. Originally, they were blue opposite white, red opposite orange, green opposite yellow. This latter coloring is now often called "Japanese".

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:50 pm 

bhearn wrote:
I don't know what "standard plus yellow" means. These days, new Rubik's cubes have blue opposite green, red opposite orange, white opposite yellow.

That's what "plus yellow" means. Blue + yellow = green, red + yellow = orange, and white + yellow = yellow.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:45 pm 

bhearn wrote:
GuiltyBystander wrote:

I don't know what "standard plus yellow" means. These days, new Rubik's cubes have blue opposite green, red opposite orange, white opposite yellow. Originally, they were blue opposite white, red opposite orange, green opposite yellow. This latter coloring is now often called "Japanese".

Isn't "Japanese" just "Standard + Yellow" with blue and yellow switched?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:24 pm 

Now that we have enough tile colors, we have begun to plan for a Megaminx tile set. It seems, though, that to cover our production costs and make them worth selling (from a business perspective), we will need to sell the 12 color set for $12. This will include one face each of white/black, yellow, red, orange, blue, green, purple, light blue, light green, light orange, pink, and light purple. Before we invest the time and money in these, we want to know how many people are going to be willing to pay that much for a tile set...I know a lot of people have asked for Megaminx tile sets, but maybe have not considered that it is a 12 sided puzzle, and at $1 a side for tiles, that adds up quick. So, let me know here whether you guys would have any interest in buying them, and I'll pass your comments on to Chris. Thanks :)

3x3x7 and pyraminx crystal sticker sets and singles will be up this week :scrambled:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:53 pm 

I haven't got the cash on hand at the moment, but I would not mind paying that much for a set when I could.

Edit: Would you consider offering a six-color set as well?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:13 pm 

Well I just ordered the uncut material to cut my own tiles, so I won't be buying them. But the stickers on the Gigaminx & Teraminx wouldn't fit together evenly, so you'd have cut them the way you guys would, having to waste a bunch of material in between.

So, I currently won't be going for the Megaminx, but I would for the Gigaminx & Teraminx. Even if those cost was up to $20

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:15 pm 

My MF8 minx has those big plastic tiles on it. My apologies, but i won't be getting them because I prefer to use what I have, especially if they can be reapplied (in comparison to Rubik's stickers they fall off for good.)

R.I.P. Frank (Flambore) you will always be in my memories.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next