Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New 222 Gundam type puzzle
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 pm 

It has been shown before at this forum that there are 8 different types of Gundam 222 puzzles.

There are 2 types of the Strike Gundam GAT X-105, being the power up version (left in the picture below) and the power down version (right in the picture below),
Attachment:
Strike Gundam GAT X-105 power up version (left) and power down version (right).jpg
Strike Gundam GAT X-105 power up version (left) and power down version (right).jpg [ 173.27 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

the Aegis Gundam GAT X-303 (left in the picture below) and the Zaku II MS-06S, Char version (right in the picture below)

Attachment:
Aegis Gundam GAT X-303 (left) and Zaku II MS-06S, Char version (right.jpg
Aegis Gundam GAT X-303 (left) and Zaku II MS-06S, Char version (right.jpg [ 295.58 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

and 4 versions of the Gundam RX-78 of which 3 are displayed below (from left to right)
Gundam RX-78, Gundam RX-78 Titans version and Gundam RX-78 Training Colours.

Attachment:
Gundam RX-78 (left), Gundam RX-78 Titans version and Gundam RX-78 Training Colours5 (right).jpg
Gundam RX-78 (left), Gundam RX-78 Titans version and Gundam RX-78 Training Colours5 (right).jpg [ 194.33 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

The 4th type is the “Gundam RX-78 Char version” (see picture by Hendrik Haak below).

Attachment:
Gundam RX-78, Char version (picture by Hendrik Haak).jpg
Gundam RX-78, Char version (picture by Hendrik Haak).jpg [ 42.25 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

Apart from the above there is another special edition of the Strike Gundam GAT X-105 power-up.
The inner V-like extensions are ‘yellow’ coloured for the regular version but ‘gold’ coloured for this special version.
It comes with a box holding a sticker wit the text “SPECIAL EDITION FOR SHAREHOLDERS, BANDAI CO LTD”.
(Bandai is the production company which used to be Palbox).
Attachment:
Special edition Strike Gundam GAT X-105 power-up a.jpg
Special edition Strike Gundam GAT X-105 power-up a.jpg [ 338.2 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

Attachment:
Special ediion Strike Gundam GAT X-105 power-up b.jpg
Special ediion Strike Gundam GAT X-105 power-up b.jpg [ 393.09 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

Geert

PS.:
I am still looking for a sample of the ‘Gundam RX-78 Char’ version.
In case you have a sample available, please let me know.

Post subject: Re: New 222 Gundam type puzzle
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:19 pm 

Geert, thanks for the putting the Gundam types together. I never knew
there were so many (I thought there were five at most!).

If I ever come across any of those, I will let you know.

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:09 pm 

And I'm looking for Zaku!

I was told these are also Gundam cubes when I purchased them from a shop selling Gundam models.

Both are simply 2x2x2 puzzles. Any translation or verification that these are what they are would be much appreciated.

Attachment:
2x2x2 0081.jpg
2x2x2 0081.jpg [ 481.15 KiB | Viewed 2185 times ]

Attachment:
2x2x2 0082.jpg
2x2x2 0082.jpg [ 518.1 KiB | Viewed 2185 times ]

The only difference between the two is the body color. One is white, the other silver.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:56 pm 

katsmom wrote:
And I'm looking for Zaku!
Should I ask who Zaku is? I don't even know who Gundam is, aside from the cubes.

katsmom wrote:
I was told these are also Gundam cubes when I purchased them from a shop selling Gundam models.
I don't see any mention of Gundam on those packages.

katsmom wrote:
Both are simply 2x2x2 puzzles. Any translation or verification that these are what they are would be much appreciated.
I don't see anything that translates to "2x2x2", though the photos suggest it. There's wording about a puzzle, brain supplement, timings for solving 1 side or 3 sides or 6 sides, and that kind of stuff.

Now there's a logical puzzle. Lost in translation might be that these are what they are. Verification would suggest tautologically that these are what they are. Prevarication might say that these aren't what they are. According to president that depends on what your definitions of are are.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 pm 

:lol: :lol: And once again an illogical Rox.

They ARE 2x2x2 puzzles. I have a loose one and also closed package one of each.

But are they Gundam? That was my real question. And I see it was answered as well. No mention of gundam ha? Oh well-took again. Does it say gundam on the back of the packaging?
Attachment:
2x2x2 0080.jpg
2x2x2 0080.jpg [ 687.73 KiB | Viewed 2133 times ]

Probably not-not a palbox product. Why don't I look more carefully? BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE THAT TOY! And I wanted it. :lol:

But then you delight in taunting me because you have yet learned to speak Roxese :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe I should write a Roxese dictionary.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Gundam is an anime cartoon-comic book. From what I see of kids in HK, I would have thought they were fairly popular in Japan. Bandi has a museum/store dedicated to them in Japan somewhere-saw it online a few years back.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:35 am 

katsmom wrote:
Does it say gundam on the back of the packaging?
Not that I can see. Somehow you can use 7 pieces or 13 pieces to make a battle of supplements (brain supplements, Takara-speak for puzzles I guess). But I don't see how to use 7 pieces or 13 pieces of this puzzle, so that might be an advertisement for a different Takara puzzle.

katsmom wrote:
Gundam is an anime cartoon-comic book.
I figured it was anime but guessed movies rather than books. I'm sure it is popular. If I had grandchildren they'd probably be explaining it to me.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:01 am 

ndiamond wrote:
katsmom wrote:
Does it say gundam on the back of the packaging?
Not that I can see. Somehow you can use 7 pieces or 13 pieces to make a battle of supplements (brain supplements, Takara-speak for puzzles I guess). But I don't see how to use 7 pieces or 13 pieces of this puzzle, so that might be an advertisement for a different Takara puzzle.

The numbers on the front face of the puzzle in the packaging sum to 13. Is that what it meant?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:39 am 

Jared wrote:
The numbers on the front face of the puzzle in the packaging sum to 13. Is that what it meant?
That doesn't explain how to assemble 13 pieces or how to assemble 7 pieces, which are the two kinds of battles it's talking about. So I'd guess no.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:33 am 

ndiamond wrote:
If I had grandchildren they'd probably be explaining it to me.

Ouch! Have I just been called VERY OLD? :lol: :lol:

I have a few other 'put together' puzzles by this same company. And other puzzle like puzzles by them. I think maybe it relates to how long it should take, or possibly the level of difficulty involved. The easy ones have numbers from 1 to 4 on the packaging. One of the puzzles I have shows a variety of others in the same vein that have a larger number of pieces, and a higher number on it.

But then since I can't read Japanese, I'm just guessing!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:02 pm 

Jared wrote:

It's possible it's something like that MAYBE.

But that does give me some ideas. :D

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."