Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mass produced Crazy 2x3x3 cube
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:42 pm 

这款魔方我已经申请专利,并且批量生产了,是我与“智力乐园(witeden)"合作开发的。
我设计的魔方有“大雁(DaYan)"标志,希望大家支持正版。 :D
智力乐园(witeden):http://www.witeden.com/
Translation by Hugo wrote:
I've already applied patent for this cube and already started to mass-produce with “智力乐园(witeden)".
My designs all have a “大雁(DaYan)" sign on it, hope everyone supports genuine products.
智力乐园(witeden):http://www.witeden.com/

Attachments:
de45f2e59a5dd2d10594306b9af9567e.png
de45f2e59a5dd2d10594306b9af9567e.png [ 244.94 KiB | Viewed 13697 times ]
75091821245dfca998ef7f290a7c744e.png
75091821245dfca998ef7f290a7c744e.png [ 606.23 KiB | Viewed 13697 times ]
Crazy233-logo.jpg
Crazy233-logo.jpg [ 80.69 KiB | Viewed 13697 times ]
crazy233.jpg
crazy233.jpg [ 93.24 KiB | Viewed 13697 times ]
crazy233-1.jpg
crazy233-1.jpg [ 66.82 KiB | Viewed 13697 times ]

Post subject: Re: Mass produced Crazy 2x3x3 cube
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 pm 

Fantastic news! I went to the site and was about to buy one, but there's no option for shipping...does that mean free shipping? If so, I may buy 2 :)

Oh, and I just noticed, there's no option under payment method either :/ Guess I won't be getting one right now lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm 

I can't believe this. I really can't believe it... When I have money to spare, no new puzzles come out. Now that I'm piss broke about a dozen are released simultaneously.

This is such an amazing puzzle. Congratulations on getting it produced! It looks so amazing, I must find a way to acquire it.

I wish I hadn't just spent over $400 on textbooks...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:57 pm 

:) I cant say how much of a dream it has been for me to so many of these beautiful and brilliant puzzles being mass produced last and this year. These acomplishments actually make me feel like you can truly do anything in life. I know that there are alot of factors to mass producing something but still! :lol:

Im With Frank!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 pm 

GuitarSD wrote:
:) I cant say how much of a dream it has been for me to so many of these beautiful and brilliant puzzles being mass produced last and this year. These acomplishments actually make me feel like you can truly do anything in life. I know that there are alot of factors to mass producing something but still! :lol:

Well said!

So does this thing solve like a 3x3x4 (two 2x3x3 at once)? I'm still trying to figure this one out!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:02 pm 

I'm pretty sure the circle would solve like a floppy cube, and the rest as a 2x3x3.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 pm 

theVDude wrote:
I'm pretty sure the circle would solve like a floppy cube, and the rest as a 2x3x3.

Yeah - I think that makes sense, because even though the colors on the opposite side are different, they would always move together - essentially making it like one cubie...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:18 pm 

Crazy 2x3x3 cube的包装与说明书正在制作中,目前只能出售DIY组件了。

中国的盗版很严重,我是一个中国人,我同样感到很无奈与愤怒。希望各位公布新品的时候不要公布结构图,不然很容易被KO.
Translated by trixter wrote:
The packaging and instructions are being prepared, at present can only sell a DIY component.

China's piracy is very serious, I am a Chinese, I also feel very helpless and angry. Hope you do not announce when the new release chart, or can be easily KO.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:47 pm 

...no comment on how to purchase this thing??? I tried submitting the order but it tells me I must select a shipping method. I also checked to make sure I clicked "use this address for shipping" and still nothing....any ideas?? Must have this puzzle! :P

Maybe you can read this better? :P
的没有就如何购买这件事有何评论???我试图提交秩序,但它告诉我,我必须选择送货方式。我还检查,以确保我点击“使用此发货地址”,仍然没有任何想法....??必须有这个难题

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 pm 

also there
http://shop.mf8.com.cn/goods.php?id=40

;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 pm 

I heard that these are not ready for sale yet. Can you verify this? I was told they would be shipped after Chinese New Year. is this right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 am 

trixter wrote:
...no comment on how to purchase this thing??? I tried submitting the order but it tells me I must select a shipping method. I also checked to make sure I clicked "use this address for shipping" and still nothing....any ideas?? Must have this puzzle! :P

Maybe you can read this better? :P
的没有就如何购买这件事有何评论???我试图提交秩序,但它告诉我,我必须选择送货方式。我还检查,以确保我点击“使用此发货地址”,仍然没有任何想法....??必须有这个难题

智力乐园(witeden)的销售网站刚开通,可能还不完善。也可以到MF8的销售网站去购买
Translated by merlintocs wrote:
Intelligence Park (witeden) sales website has just opened, may not be perfect. MF8 can also go to the sales site to buy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:36 am 

Beautiful puzzle, I'd love to see it take off in the west (before any KOs pop up!) so send Sandy a PM to get these into the TP shop now! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 am 

Nice. I can't wait to get all of your crazy series.

Are we going to see the Crazy 4x4x4 cube Ⅲ again anytime soon? I'd like to save on shipping by minimizing the number of orders I place. I know it was "available" on mf8 for a short while for $0.

Google Translate wrote:
好的。我迫不及待地让你疯狂系列所有。

难道我们看到立方体Ⅲ疯狂4x4x4马上再次?我想航运尽量节省的订单我把号码。我知道,这是“可以用mf8”短暂而$ 0。

*edit* added google translate + typo

Last edited by GuiltyBystander on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm 

Note I have just removed a thread about the Knock Off version of this puzzle. Thanks to the orignal poster and others who took all the correct actions once they realized it was not the original version:

People identified it was a KO (not just guessed), identified the proper owner, removed the links and referenced a thread describing the real version. I was going to leave it up, stripped of its link, but it included an uploaded picture (with a watermark that indicated where to buy it) that I couldn't delete so I removed the thread (Sandy, can you tell me how to remove pictures attached to posts?). That thread was pretty much better expressed by this thread anyway, but thanks again to the members who took the right actions.

If you want to buy this puzzle (I do!) please be patient and wait until you can confirm the version you are buying has the logo that Daquing Bao has shown, not a generic version you may find. We should all support him, not those taking from him :) We should also all remember and give credit to Aleh who pioneered the Circle cube idea that has led to these other, but related, designs.

Dave

P.S. I am editing in people's posted translations into the message itself so it is easier for people to understand the thread. If any of these translations don't seem right, PM me and I will try to correct them. For now I am relying on the language translation skills of our forum members to be accurate, but I am sure these will vary in acuracy depending on who does the translation and if they use a translation site vs. their own translation based on knowledge of both languages.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:15 pm 

Sorry for what feels like a double post but I had another question.

In your first thread about the puzzle, there was a bit of discussion about whether the circle was glued to an edge, corner, or face. Which kind is this one and would it be simple to mod this kind into the other. It would be a considerably different about of work if the pieces were glued vs. molded as 1 piece.

Google Translate wrote:
对不起什么感觉双重职位,但我有另外一个问题。

在您对这一难题第一个线程,有一圆是否是粘优势,角落,或面对面的讨论位。这又是哪一个,并将它可以简单到另一个国防部这样的。这将是一个相当有关的工作,如果件粘合与成型为1件不同。

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:47 pm 

Theres a video on witeden.

Watching the video, it appears the edge is glued. I wish it was face glued to be a "proper" Circle 2x3x3, but I'm sure it won't be hard to do yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 pm 

I get this when I try to order from witeden's website. Can anyone shed some light on the reason no payment or shipping options show up?

Attachments:
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG [ 102.11 KiB | Viewed 12911 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 pm 

Have you tried clicking the little circles? That might bring up some options. :?

Alex

YouTube Account: Cubiksrube113

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:50 pm 

Yea I tried clicking everything possible lol. I even went back and selected China as the shipping area just to see if it was something they couldn't ship to the US, but that returned the same results. I'm wondering, since this is a newly developed company/website, if the shipping/payment options have not yet been setup? If anyone else could try this and post their results please, it would help greatly :) You can get this far without actually buying anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:07 am 

I have been trying to order this . Have had the same issue outlined in earlier posts. Anyone else have any luck? Or maybe a status update from Daqing Bao ? Tis a sweet looking puzzle! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 am 

Well, I agree with Daqing. I too am a chinese(also a Malaysian) who is also angry about China's factories just producing em like that! It's kinda giving ourselfs a lil' bad reputation as a race that discovered many things. What to do... :roll: :cry:

I'm a gamer, and I'm proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:09 pm 

这是一个朋友拍的图片与解法录像Video

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQ4MDgxMTEy.html

Attachments:
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG [ 75.95 KiB | Viewed 12378 times ]
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 50.63 KiB | Viewed 12378 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 46.42 KiB | Viewed 12378 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 42.35 KiB | Viewed 12378 times ]
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 77.09 KiB | Viewed 12378 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm 

Cherenkov radiation!? :shock:

Carl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 am 

Bumping but for a good cause. Don't get that cheap $15 one you can now find on a site near you.

It's not the best quality. Turn it and it falls to pieces. I broke one in a shop :shock: Nice owner though. Didn't yell. Just gave me the bits and pieces. (One of my lovely hidden puzzle haunts) I have one that Smaz made a while back and when you turn that you know you are playing with a quality puzzle. I haven't got Daqing Bao's version yet because they haven't arrived locally and Mf8 still insists that I can read Chinese when I try to order. :lol:

The one made by the well known (at least here) KO company is a piece of rubbish. Is it really worth the cost to purchase a puzzle that will break within less than 10 turns?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 am 

katsmom wrote:
Bumping but for a good cause.

Thanks... I thought I had killed the thread there for a second. I mention radiation and everyone ran however it was mentioned here and that thread is up to 4 pages now. Maybe its just me. ;)

Anyways... I'm really curious... what is up with that picture? Why the eery blue glow. I've never seen a plastic that glowed that brightly under normal light. Does it have a light inside? Is it photoshoped? And if so why? Is my monitor playing tricks on me... everything else looks "normal"?

Carl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm 

katsmom wrote:
I haven't got Daqing Bao's version yet because they haven't arrived locally and Mf8 still insists that I can read Chinese when I try to order. :lol:

Rox, this topic may help you make the purchase: How to read (inter)national puzzle forums

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:21 am 

wwwmwww wrote:
I've never seen a plastic that glowed that brightly under normal light.

Ahhh.... so it is a glow in the dark puzzle. See here: http://www.cube4you.com/product-644.html

I'm guessing that picture is photoshopped. You could get that effect by adding a picture taken in the dark to a picture taken under normal room light. If its not photoshopped that has to be the brightest glowing plasic I've ever seen.

I use the same trick when I photograph jack-o-lanterns.

Carl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:54 pm 

Yes another brilliant design which is now widely available, by one of my favourite
Chinese builders!

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:29 pm 

So, the question is, should we buy from C4Y or direct from the http://www.witeden.com site in the first post of this thread?? Does the creator benefit more from one site or the other?

As of now, though, the witeden site still doesn't have shipping or payment methods available.....so I guess if you want this right now, you're better off going to C4Y. Anyone have any other info to add about the witeden site?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:05 pm 

OK, http://www.witeden.com has officially started retail services! So now you can buy the crazy 2x3x3 directly from them...however, shipping seems QUITE steep...using HongKong Post was a whopping $18 USD shipped to the East Coast just for one of the cubes....EMS was $21.20. This makes the $15 puzzle a $34 puzzle after shipping...which, unfortunately is a little more than I can afford right now. Guess I'll be waiting a bit longer to collect this one :(

***EDIT*** I just updated my cart up to 10 of these puzzles and the shipping stays set on $18...(EMS did go up to $34 though) so either I haven't bought enough yet for it to raise the shipping cost, or they have it set to a flat-rate shipping cost, no matter what you buy...

if that's the case, gather a ton of stuff and buy it all at once to save on shipping! lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:04 pm 

The Hong Kong Post shipping option is $18 for orders up to $150, then +$18 every $150 ($36 for ~$151-$300, etc)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 pm 

Oh ok, that makes sense I guess...unless you're only ordering one puzzle...then it wouldn't make much sense cost-wise. But thanks for clearing that up! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 am 

I have ordered from C4U, mf8 and witeden in parallel.
I've received the DIY kit from C4U first and are waiting for the others.
C4U has the same originals than the other two sites. (Chinese sign and "Dayan" scripture on the corner).

I had to figure out how to assemble it. No instruction could be sighted.
That was not too hard but not really easy.
I have connected one corner to the inner "Floppy Cube". I do not know how the pre-assembled will look like.
The DIY comes with four connectors for the corners. Looking at some videos suggests that connecting one corner is the normal configuration.
Turning is really smooth!

I've found it surprisingly hard to solve.
It is not so easy as somebody had assumed above "Solve the inner Floppy cube first and then the rest as a Domino".
When I had solved the Floppy then the move sequences I was used to for solving a Domino disturbed the Floppy pretty much.
Actually, it took me much longer figuring that one out than solving the Crazy 4x4x4 Type I and Type II.
And in addition there is this newly possible move sequence R L' B2 R' L (where R and L are turns by 90 degree and U and D are the 3x3 sides) that does not exist on the Floppy Cube. After such moves while scrambling the Crazy 2x3x3 the paradigm of an inner Floppy Cube is pretty much destroyed!)

I can recommend all three Crazy Cubes I have so far.
Especially the Type II and the 2x3x3 are very nice challenges.
Any comments from others who have got one already???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 pm 

Konsassen, I agree that the crazy 2x3x3 is more difficult than you might expect at first glance. I also went through the "solve as floppy, then as domino" attempt, with similar results. I did find some domino moves that worked, however not all of them would leave the inner circle pieces alone. I did find the oddball R L' B2 R' L move useful when solving, though. It's a fun little puzzle, for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:47 am 

Yesterday I've received the black mf8 Crazy 2x3x3.
It came pre-assembled but unstickered.
It is exactly the same puzzle and the same quality of stickers (a bit thin) as the DIY from C4U.
I was afraid that C4U was selling a KO and therefore ordered from MF8 and Witeden as well.
Obviously, this is not the case. They are all the same.
About the Witeden order - shipped via EMS - I got yesterday a message as well that the German shipping agency needs further input for customs. I'm afraid that I have to pay some import tax in addition to the quite expensive EMS shipping.
Witeden is quite expensive alltogether.
Given my current experience, I would go for the C4U DIY, the other two sources are much more expensive.

Turning quality of the mf8 puzzle could be improved by some x-hundred percent just adding a few drops of silicone.

Again, I clearly recommend this puzzle.

EDIT: Today the order from Witeden has arrived. I have got a black and a transparent. They are completely assembled and stickered. Interestingly, the two have different corners connected relative to the common colour scheme. By pure accident the transparent one has the same corner connected as the 2 I have stickered myself.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 am 

trixter wrote:
OK, http://www.witeden.com has officially started retail services! So now you can buy the crazy 2x3x3 directly from them...however, shipping seems QUITE steep...using HongKong Post was a whopping $18 USD shipped to the East Coast just for one of the cubes....EMS was $21.20. This makes the $15 puzzle a $34 puzzle after shipping...which, unfortunately is a little more than I can afford right now. Guess I'll be waiting a bit longer to collect this one :(

***EDIT*** I just updated my cart up to 10 of these puzzles and the shipping stays set on $18...(EMS did go up to $34 though) so either I haven't bought enough yet for it to raise the shipping cost, or they have it set to a flat-rate shipping cost, no matter what you buy...

if that's the case, gather a ton of stuff and buy it all at once to save on shipping! lol

We have reduced the Hongkong Post ship cost already , hope you like it !

For example
1 pcs DaYan Crazy 2x3x3 cube use Hongkong Post Registration only USD$4.99
5 pcs only USD$12.69

http://www.witeden.com has officially selled DaYan Crazy 2x3x3(DIYKIT)

http://www.witeden.com/goods.php?id=45

How to assemble DaYan Crazy 2x3x3 Magic Cube diykit ?

http://www.witeden.com/crazy233_assemble.php