Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CLOSED
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:47 pm 

2x4x4 $25 for the files, $60 for masters, shipping included, sparse, from printo3d, $325 full. This is designed for a ES mini 2x2x2. it has 1.5mm fillets on the outside and 0.5 on the inside. Please ask questions.

"I discovered the triangle one day while shaving. I trimmed my beard like the intersection of three circles and noticed how I could unfog a square in the bathroom mirror by rubbing my beard circularly against the glass."-Franz Reuleaux

Last edited by Steryne on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 2x4x4 pillowed files for sale
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:00 am 

Steryne wrote:
2x4x4 $25 for the files, $60 for masters, shipping included, sparse, from printo3d, $325 full. This is designed for a ES 2x2x2. it has 1.5mm fillets on the outside and 0.5 on the inside. Please ask questions.

Is the price '$60 for masters, shipping included', applicable to worldwide shipping or just shipping in US?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:52 am 

Can you post some photos/screencaps, along with a scale?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 am 

512456: United states postal service = $10. Please contact bradely about that issue.

Flambore: Is my link not enough? It shows all of the tollerence (.15mm on all sides that show a gap.)
The cubic hole in the center piece is 12mm. There are two holes in the corner piece. one is designed for a cap by plastic. the other makes the puzzle cheaper to print and lighter to the touch. It is 1.5mm deep. I can adjust it to the buyers prefferance though. I can also give the cap file, but it is a little trivial.

"I discovered the triangle one day while shaving. I trimmed my beard like the intersection of three circles and noticed how I could unfog a square in the bathroom mirror by rubbing my beard circularly against the glass."-Franz Reuleaux

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 am 

Oops. Sorry bud. I missed the link. That's cool.
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:10 pm 

HUGE TYPO ON MY PART!

Steryne wrote:
2x4x4 $25 for the files, $60 for masters, shipping included, sparse, from printo3d, $325 full. This is designed for a ES mini 2x2x2. it has 1.5mm fillets on the outside and 0.5 on the inside. Please ask questions.

This is designed for a MINI cube, not a real sized one. I relise how big this typo is and I am sorry. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:32 pm 

Perhaps it is me, but it is hard to see from those pictures exactly how it moves. The corner piece seems like it could pop out without much force, so I am wondering about the stability.

Are you intending to prototype and build this yourself, or are the parts just as-is?

Dave :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:04 pm 

i agree, you should make one yourself to make shure it is stable, adn funcctional, ( not that i have any doubts in you design ) but i think you should make a prototype before you start selling them to people

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:48 pm 

I am selling these so I can get money to make this. At it's most vulnurable position it still has a mm and a half, I will upload the picture to the link momentarily.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 pm 

the corner doesn't have enough to hold onto. I will have to redesign it :oops: , for a 5th time. Well at least I am getting closer. I thank all of you for all of your advice. I plan on making .1mm tollerance, everywhere. I also plan on adding 2mm of grab for the corner, over doubleing it's grab size. Unless you have any suggestions, this is now closed as I redesign.