Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3x3 stickers cheaper than cubesmith complete sets all colors
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:16 pm 

UPDATE: all the information about my 3x3 stickers is right here at the top.
I sell 10 sets for $10. free shipping in the usa. pick the colors you want. I will be adding new colors and puzzles as time goes by. pm me if your interested.

OLD POST:
I have a large supply of vinyl stickers aka PVC. I will be selling them on the forums and at WCA events. they are exactly like what cubesmith sells but the colors are slightly better for higher visibility and my stickers have an applicator overlaminate that makes everything easy and pretty. I have spoken to a few people about the colors cubesmith sells being a little off from what people really want. I'm listening to YOU the speedcubing community and working on the best possible colors that help you do what you do. the applicator drives the price up a bit but I can still sell them cheaper than cubesmith. right now I have two blues and two greens cause most people complain about blue, green, red being too dark on almost any cube of any brand so thats the priority. if you want to order bulk I can get you ANY sticker ANY color very cheap. PM me what you want or just meet me at the Newark, NJ WCA on November 8th

let me know if you think this is a good idea and what you think I should make/sell.

Attachments:
cubestickers.JPG
cubestickers.JPG [ 212.85 KiB | Viewed 13144 times ]

Last edited by supercube on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NEW 3x3 stickers, a better alternative to cubesmith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:24 pm 

Sure, it's healthy to have more competition. We have Cubesmith and Dragan's Vinyl Shop right now but I'm all for more especially if you're cheaper. Show us what you've got (pictures!).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm 

I guess ill see you at the newark open then.

Drewseph wrote:
You can improve the quality of the turning by placing it in the trash.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:47 pm 

pictures dont do it justice cause we are talking about very minor differences between cube4you vs rubiks.com vs rubiks vs cubesmith. the color tolerances and calibration of most monitors is horrible unless your a designer. even then my camera is not high quality. basically the greens are almost exactly the same in color to the light green and fluorescent green cubesmith sells. its just a longer lasting vinyl made for outdoor signs. the blues are unique but they are hard to tell in a picture cause it all comes down to lighting. basically the blue is pure blue. my light blue is actually in between cubesmith light blue and blue blue. reflectives, flourescents, metalics and real gold are available for an added price and minimum order. you want a picture look at cubesmith cause thats what it looks like but with another sticker on top to help you apply it to the cube. price depends on how many sets you want so just PM me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:44 pm 

I am now taking bulk orders so I dont have to put up a ton of cash to start making all 6 colors. turnaround time is 8 business days total to your door anywhere in the upper 48 states USA. 4 days to cut and 4 days in the mail. post in the thread or PM. either way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:51 pm 

I am interested in buying some stickers. I do not have a paypal and I am wondering on the cost. Will you be at the Westchester competition? If so I may be able to pick them up here depending on the cost.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:06 pm 

oh, that was you I saw at the comp? I thought your username was superman. I was the kid with the dino cube there.

Drewseph wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:10 pm 

Yeah, supercube, I'd be interested in buy some stickers. I'm going to Westchester Open in 2 weeks, so if you're there, I'm interested in buying some 3x3x3 stickers - 5x5x5 stickers. I can't really commit to "bulk orders" because I don't go through 200 sticker sets...but if I could buy like 5 or 10 of each I would probably do it, depending on the price.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:16 pm 

Riceball92 wrote:
Yeah, supercube, I'd be interested in buy some stickers. I'm going to Westchester Open in 2 weeks, so if you're there, I'm interested in buying some 3x3x3 stickers - 5x5x5 stickers. I can't really commit to "bulk orders" because I don't go through 200 sticker sets...but if I could buy like 5 or 10 of each I would probably do it, depending on the price.

at the newark open, he was selling them for $0.50 for 9 stickers (and his stickers are awesome. I reccomend them) so i am guessing the price would be the same at weschester.

Drewseph wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:19 pm 

PotatoSpades22095 wrote:
Riceball92 wrote:

at the newark open, he was selling them for $0.50 for 9 stickers (and his stickers are awesome. I reccomend them) so i am guessing the price would be the same at weschester.

While that's probably cheaper per color, Cubesmith offers the standard 6-color set (so 6 sides * 9 stickers each = 54, +1 for the tile, so 55 stickers total) for $1.25. That's $3 per standard set from supercube if he doesn't offer some set discount. I'll check out the stickers though, the colors look interesting. Provided that he goes to Westchester, I'll probably end up buying some sets anyway, but it'd be nice to see a cheaper-than-cubesmith set of the standard stickers.

edit: Also, when you buy a single color from cubesmith, he gives you enough of that color of stickers for 2 full faces, for $0.50. So actually cubesmith sells them for $0.25 per face. However, if supercube's stickers last a lot longer as he claims, then I'll buy them anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:27 pm 

Riceball92 wrote:
PotatoSpades22095 wrote:
Riceball92 wrote:

While that's probably cheaper per color, Cubesmith offers the standard 6-color set (so 6 sides * 9 stickers each = 54, +1 for the tile, so 55 stickers total) for $1.25. That's $3 per standard set from supercube if he doesn't offer some set discount. I'll check out the stickers though, the colors look interesting. Provided that he goes to Westchester, I'll probably end up buying some sets anyway, but it'd be nice to see a cheaper-than-cubesmith set of the standard stickers.

edit: Also, when you buy a single color from cubesmith, he gives you enough of that color of stickers for 2 full faces, for $0.50. So actually cubesmith sells them for $0.25 per face. However, if supercube's stickers last a lot longer as he claims, then I'll buy them anyway.

atleast try them. its like this more durable vinyl, and he has this neat thing that lets you put on all the stickers at once.

Drewseph wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:38 pm 

no its not $3. I said it would be CHEAPER than cubesmith. by bulk I mean $10 and up. I was selling them $0.50 cause its one sticker by itself and thats exactly what cubesmith charges + $2 to ship. so cubesmith sells them $2.50 if you want ONE color. I charged $0.50. anyway I'm selling ALL SIX COLORS now for
10 sets / $10.00
thats $1 a SET

do the math its $0.16 per color/face

this is what I consider bulk
if I can get like 4 people to give me $10 I'll go make it right now
I just dont want someone sending me $1.50 and waiting forever to get their stickers

if you want one set its $1.50 but I would have to charge $0.50 shipping

$1.50 is still cheaper than cubesmith cause he charges extra for fluorescent colors that I sell as standard, like my green

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:12 pm 

Supercube,

Would you consider selling sticker sets for 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 as well? If so, and if we could mix around the sets (so 10 sticker sets total, but maybe 4 3x3x3 sets, 3 4x4x4 sets, and 3 5x5x5 sets) I will commit to buying 10 sets total but for the aforementioned puzzles (obviously they will be a little more expensive, so maybe upwards of $15, I don't know). Please let me know, I am interested in buying. BTW if you do end up making 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 templates, I have an ES 4, and a V5, just so you know the relative size of the cubies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:10 pm 

I do want to sell 4x4 and 5x5 and even custom stickers but each one has its setup and design so I'm right back where I started with people only wanting $3 worth of 4x4 and $4 worth of 5x5. its not cost effective unless

1) you buy in bulk and mabey even help with the design.
2) I get enough prepaid orders for 4x4 or 5x5 so I'm not loosing any money

if I make my money back on the 3x3, I will consider it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:46 pm 

this was taken from a thread on tattooed's half truncated cube
tattooed wrote:
they [told me I'd have to pay] the shop minimum. Which turned out to be $21, but I now have enough triangle pieces to do 50 of these puzzles.

just to give you an idea of what any shop charges for custom designed stickers for custom puzzles. its a minimum charge of $20 - $30 this includes the design and a bulk supply of custom stickers for your custom puzzle. tattooed went to the cheapest place he could find and they didn't round the corners on half the stickers they made and they didn't bother to fix it. yes I can do custom puzzles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 pm 

supercube wrote:
no its not $3. I said it would be CHEAPER than cubesmith. by bulk I mean $10 and up. I was selling them $0.50 cause its one sticker by itself and thats exactly what cubesmith charges + $2 to ship. so cubesmith sells them $2.50 if you want ONE color. I charged $0.50. anyway I'm selling ALL SIX COLORS now for
10 sets / $10.00
thats $1 a SET

do the math its $0.16 per color/face

this is what I consider bulk
if I can get like 4 people to give me $10 I'll go make it right now
I just dont want someone sending me $1.50 and waiting forever to get their stickers

if you want one set its $1.50 but I would have to charge $0.50 shipping

$1.50 is still cheaper than cubesmith cause he charges extra for fluorescent colors that I sell as standard, like my green

that is a great deal! When I get money, I'm gonna do that. BTW Can you print CUSTOM stickers? also, can you print logos? also, if I send you a logot aht I made, can you print it out on stickers?

Drewseph wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:44 pm 

That's a great deal. I think I'll be ordering from you within the next few days. But I have one question, do you supply sticker sets for both white cubes and black cubes, as in, one set with a white side and one with a black? If so, is it possible to mix and match, like 5 white cube sets, 5 black cube sets?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:15 am 

PotatoSpades22095 wrote:
that is a great deal! When I get money, I'm gonna do that. BTW Can you print CUSTOM stickers? also, can you print logos? also, if I send you a logot that I made, can you print it out on stickers?

yes, yes, and yes. printing on the stickers takes longer cause I have to outsource part of the work. also I would require a minimum of $30 -50 spent to get anything printed although you could probably get a 4 color print over white for pretty cheap. each logo square is no more than $0.05 so for $50.00 you get 1000 logos. I have to clean it up in the computer and get it ready for the format the color sticker printer man uses. then I email it and wait. then I finish weeding the discarded material and layering and cutting and packaging your 1000 stickers. if you want 10 stickers, there are much cheaper alternatives using paper and thin clear plastic overlaminates. I can sell you the overlaminate and you just goto staples and get the white sticker computer paper. once its put together, no one will know.
Ryan Thompson wrote:
That's a great deal. I think I'll be ordering from you within the next few days. But I have one question, do you supply sticker sets for both white cubes and black cubes, as in, one set with a white side and one with a black? If so, is it possible to mix and match, like 5 white cube sets, 5 black cube sets?

black is available if people actually want it. post if you think you would buy black stickers. if I hear yes then I'll make it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:24 am 

supercube wrote:
PotatoSpades22095 wrote:
that is a great deal! When I get money, I'm gonna do that. BTW Can you print CUSTOM stickers? also, can you print logos? also, if I send you a logot that I made, can you print it out on stickers?

yes, yes, and yes. printing on the stickers takes longer cause I have to outsource part of the work. also I would require a minimum of $30 -50 spent to get anything printed although you could probably get a 4 color print over white for pretty cheap. each logo square is no more than $0.05 so for $50.00 you get 1000 logos. I have to clean it up in the computer and get it ready for the format the color sticker printer man uses. then I email it and wait. then I finish weeding the discarded material and layering and cutting and packaging your 1000 stickers. if you want 10 stickers, there are much cheaper alternatives using paper and thin clear plastic overlaminates. I can sell you the overlaminate and you just goto staples and get the white sticker computer paper. once its put together, no one will know.

I don't think Tony Fisher has even made 1000 mods, not sure anyone would ever need 1000 logos.

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 am 

look at cubesmith and rubiks. they are both massproducing logo's. cubesmith has two people working full time making stickers to fill the demand. I'm sure rubiks.com and cubesmith.com sell more than 1000 logo's a month. the speedcubing comunity is very very big but it is spread out over the whole earth. 100 million cubes sold in the early 80's in about 1 year. the question is why do you need your own logo? are you a cube maker? or a sticker maker? just start with the sticker paper and I'll sell you the overlaminate. print it out on your printer and it will look like a sticker after you put the clear shinny overlam on it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 am 

Overlaminate stickers are definitely noticeable. I'd much rather have custom logos printed on vinyl. Does every single one have to be the same logo, or can you do a matrix of 9 stickers with different logos on them? If so, that's not a bad deal. If you have to have the exact same logo on all stickers, then not so much as others have said, I can't see ever needing that many logos unless you're going to sticker entire faces with them. Even then, it's enough stickers for 111 cubes.
:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:26 am 

I assume that the custom printed stickers are good quality, and will wear well with the normal use on a puzzle. Could you show some examples of this? I don't know much about printing on vinyl, but I have been very happy with the products from Cubesmith, so if yours are at or better quality, I am very interested.

Another crazy question. Could you print Shepard's Cube and Super Cube stickers for the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7?

Videos on Youtube!

New Designs on Shapeways!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm 

flambore wrote:
Does every single one have to be the same logo?

no they dont have to have the same logo, you could have 1000 unique logos all different.
Riceball92 wrote:
Would you consider selling sticker sets for 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 as well?

Puzzlemaster42 wrote:
Could you print Shepard's Cube and Super Cube stickers for the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7?

I would like very much to sell 4x4 5x5 6x6 7x7 stickers but for one man starting with almost nothing its alot of cash for me to start all those projects at once and wait some period of time before I ever make my money back. I could go print 36 sets of each but the setup fee for each color for each puzzle makes it like twice as expensive. thats why my first batch was 180 sets x 4 colors.

everone that thinks they would be interested in 4x4 5x5 6x6 7x7 or sets with black stickers instead of white, just post in here that your interested and you might buy if I make them. just a heads up that your interested. although you can preorder if you want. I can put my own money up if I hear like 5 or 10 people saying they all want the same thing. or mabey just talk to your friends and setup a group buy. I am making the 3x3 stickers in all 6 colors now plus black. I am going to the westchester comp and I will be selling 10 sets for $10. see you there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:17 pm 

supercube wrote:
flambore wrote:

no they dont have to have the same logo, you could have 1000 unique logos all different.

Hmmmm. Now you have my attention. This is definitely a possibility.
Anyone interested in going in with me on a run? If we get a couple of people to chip in, $10-20 isn't a lot for 100-200 logos...
Is this something you'd consider, supercube?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:29 pm 

flambore wrote:
supercube wrote:
flambore wrote:

Hmmmm. Now you have my attention. This is definitely a possibility.
Anyone interested in going in with me on a run? If we get a couple of people to chip in, $10-20 isn't a lot for 100-200 logos...
Is this something you'd consider, supercube?

I would love to, but I'm one of the less rich members of this forum and my mom's paypal is empty at the moment... I wouldn't mind having 50-100 logos though if any of you mind throwing in $2.50-$5.00 for me, I will try to make it up to you later.

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 pm 

when you get enough people together have one person send me all the artwork just to keep it simple. I have to look at the files before I even get a quote from the printer. also helps if you decide if your doing 1 color over white or 4 colors over white. if its mixed then you would have to pay the 4 color process. if its just black on white then it gives me more options to shop around for the best price. I outsource the printing part and most likely I can die cut it myself in the shop where I work. of course I dont want to handle 1000 different photo's that all have to be converted and merged. something more manageable like 10 unique logos at 100 units each. high res images or .eps preferable. thats encapsulated post script.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:19 pm 

Yea, I agree. I should have stated that. I'm thinking a max of 5 people, with maybe 1 or 2 designs each. If we don't have enough people, I'll eat the balance. That would come out to 200 stickers each. That's plenty for my interests.

So how much are we talking if we do 4 color vs black and white (rough estimate)? The color idea appeals to me. Oh, and when you say 4 color, you mean CMYK, or 4 single colors, period? That makes a big difference if different logos are involved because we'd have to decide what colors would be used.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:59 pm 

I may have $5 in my debit card for 100 stickers, do you accept debit? I really would like some logos, not quite sure what I'd put on it though... "Elijah's cubes" seems really quite boring... maybe I should come up with a nickname for myself?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 am 

I take paypal but I dont want to handle money from 10 people on this one project. I cant even give you a price yet so just wait till I get the artwork and call my suppliers. 4 color just means full color it doesnt mean pick only 4 specific colors and use them exactly. when your screen printing you have to pick the exact colors you want and every color adds another screen/step. screen printing is more cost effective in the 10,000+ units. also if you wanted chrome/silver screen ink or fluorescent screen ink, then it would have to be screen printed. I can probably find someone who can do a short run screen job for about the same so thats still an option.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:03 am 

I can do logo's cheap. I just found out I can do short run. no minimum order. flourescent colors can actually be printed. its unlimited color process. I can do cmyk or rgb or cmyk + fluorescent orange for example. all six fluorescent colors are available. full picture cubes are available. twisty puzzle picture cubes are available if the mods are interested.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:17 am 

So do you need the artwork first, or can you get pricing?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am 

I said it would be cheap so just send me the artwork and tell me how many you want or how much you want to spend. if I had like $10 mabey at the minimum, I'll go make it. if you want to know exactly how many logo's you get for your $10 just pm me.

EDIT: hey I didn't want to be a total bump whore so I just edit :) all my stickers now have a CLEAR applicator just like the rubiks.com DIY stickers. makes it so easy to re sticker your cube fast and accurately. I registered cubestickers.com but the site is not officially up yet. I'm buying ultra mega huge rolls of vinyl in hopes of stickering every man woman and child. did I mention the pimped out colors. in my research I've found that rubik's brand cubes get the red and blue dead on to the color wheel but its just not as good as fluorescent blue and red with a hint of pink. recently this last batch of rubik's from walmart had the perfect green. clover green. its green green. I ordered clover green and its now one of the three greens I sell along with apple green and fluorescent green. I have pantone codes for every color I sell but I'm hesitant to post them cause I'm afraid someone might take all my hard work and profit from it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 pm 

new pics up at the top, bump.

Post subject: Re: 3x3 stickers cheaper than cubesmith complete sets all colors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:15 pm 

When you say 10$ for 10 sets is 1 set just 9 stickers or is it enough to sticker an entire 3x3?

Fastest Times:3x3x3-37 seconds
Magic: 2.48 seconds(after having it for 2 days)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:41 pm 

supercube wrote:
I said it would be cheap so just send me the artwork and tell me how many you want or how much you want to spend. if I had like $10 mabey at the minimum, I'll go make it. if you want to know exactly how many logo's you get for your $10 just pm me.

I sent you some logo ideas, but you never gave me any info on price. I have no problem with paying for them, but you stopped responding to my PMs/emails. Are you still able to do this?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:26 pm 

please excuse my absence, my father has been deathly i'll the past few weeks and I've been taking care of my brother and working and spending alot of time at the hospital.

to answer your question Flambore, yes I am. I have a few printers I am looking at. I am searching the internet for the cheapest stickers I can get without sacrificing quality. only now the minimum is $50 or more depending on wich printer I use. before I was going to print them on vinyl, the problem with that is my vinyl guy doesn't really do highly detailed work, and there is a concern that the ink will rub off with out an overlaminate. I know some people dont like overlaminates cause it makes the sticker very thick and sloppy. thats someones opinion, not mine. anyway I think I may go with a plastic coated paper type sticker or PET wich is basically polypropaline multi layered. also I am considering a vinyl with a thermal deposited plastic pigment. this is what you see on a bumper sticker. they last forever. it may be better to use on designs that use solid colors. no gradients. anything that can be screen printed can probably be thermal transfered to vinyl.

I only have 4 people who sent me artwork

FLAMBORE (looks good, your choice of the big F or line by line spelling.
JB PUZZLES (I forgot your username, also I'm still waiting on the font if you have it)
POTATOE SPADES (I'm gonna redesign your art, same concept, I'm taking out the cuboid, its too busy looking)
DARKSIDE PUZZLES (needs alot of work or a complete redesign, fogrot your user name)

also
TWISTY PUZZLE WORKSHOP (even though I dont have it, I can get it
its his avatar, we've all see it, I've talked to him already I know he is interested.)

if you would like to be added to the list please post or pm. feel free to post your art as well. I'll look at it and add you.

so right now the only ones who's art looks good enough to print is

FLAMBORE
JB PUZZLES
TWISTY PUZZLE WORKSHOP

thats 3 mabey 4 people if I can finish potatoe spades logo today. at $10 each I'm still short for my $50 minimum that the printer charges. thats not including how I'm supossed to make any money on it. if I have at least 6 people who are serious, I can do it. if not, I can wait. I haven't taken any money yet so its no worries. some of you may feel like I've been ignoring you, thats simply not the case. I just want to provide you with the highest quality product at the cheapest price. we are doing something thats not really done on such a small scale, both literally and figuratively.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:34 pm 

I'd be interested in getting some logo stickers. But I would want you to be finalized on what type of printing your going to do first.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 pm 

well it looks like I could probably do this batch of logo's right now, flambore wants $20 worth so I guess I'm not really waiting on anybody anymore. Bryan if you could, please send me a your artwork so that I can look at it BEFORE I decide what type of printing is most appropriate for the design that you want. also its very important that I have the art work assembled into a finalized complete package before I can request a quote from the printer, after I have selected a printer. also Bryan, the minimum order is different for every printer. I dont wont to limit my options cause I'm only working with $50 instead of $60. you could be the tipping point in getting us a better deal or a better product so I need to know if your interested or not. either way, please send me your artwork so that if you do decide to be a part of this its no additional delay to fit you in.

LAST CALL TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST FOR CUSTOM 3X3 CENTER LOGO'S

YOU HAVE ONE WEEK TO GET ME YOUR FILES OR AT LEAST PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST

IF YOU DONT SEE YOUR NAME ON THIS LIST OR IT SAYS SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH YOUR ART, OR I FORGOT YOUR NAME, YOU SHOULD POST NOW.

I PLAN TO REQUEST EVERYONES MONEY ON 12/22/08 PROVIDED EVERYTHING PROCEEDS ACCORDING TO THE PLAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:14 pm 

http://www.lightninglabels.com/

yeah so I called them and they have the technology I want but the price was ridiculous. it doesn't surprise me that they do a lot of wine labels. they hide the cost of the design proofing into a minimum for each design. it would be ok if I could order 100 stickers of mixed designs but they want 100 of each and they have to make the die. they told me $700 for 6 unique logo's 100 each. I told them not to hold their breath. lol

on to the next one

http://www.psprint.com/

$100 a die, not bad at all. I'm going to send them all the art and get a real quote for everything.

http://www.uprinting.com

they print on paper, they use plates which means larger minimum or higher cost for short run. they need a die. they told me the paper sticker may fade and they dont want the job simply cause they know I would not be satisfied.
---------------------------------
I can still do this in my own shop on vinyl but its best to stick with black on white.

if anyone knows of someone that can cnc cut the stickers instead of die cutting please let me know. as of right now the $50 minimum sounds good if I dont need a die. try http://www.sgia.org/ this is a database of every printer in the country call them if you have some free time. this is not easy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:59 am 

I'd love a set (or several sets) of Dino Cube stickers. The ones with the dinosaurs on them. To fit on a modded Rainbow Cube.

I know Adam Zamorra made some. So maybe you or Adam can start selling them? I bet there would be lots of takers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:43 pm 

I talked to a shop about logos for 3x3. I found one that can do it for $50 printed on vinyl with a full color process. this is definitely going to happen now. I am decided on the printer and the method. no die or plates are required which greatly reduces the cost of small runs. everyone can submit their art in full color if you would like to be included. the cost is $10 per share and this gets you at least 100 full color logos printed on white vinyl. the deadline is now January 15. I'm submitting the final proof on jan 15. thats it. I know I have enough people so its just a question of if you need 100 logos for $10. if you do then make sure I add you to the list I posted earlier. the quality is pretty good so maybe even pictures might look pretty good. I haven't seen anything from them yet but they have pretty high-end stuff so I think everything should be good.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:12 pm 

supercube wrote:
I talked to a shop about logos for 3x3. I found one that can do it for $50 printed on vinyl with a full color process. this is definitely going to happen now. I am decided on the printer and the method. no die or plates are required which greatly reduces the cost of small runs. everyone can submit their art in full color if you would like to be included. the cost is $10 per share and this gets you at least 100 full color logos printed on white vinyl. the deadline is now January 15. I'm submitting the final proof on jan 15. thats it. I know I have enough people so its just a question of if you need 100 logos for $10. if you do then make sure I add you to the list I posted earlier. the quality is pretty good so maybe even pictures might look pretty good. I haven't seen anything from them yet but they have pretty high-end stuff so I think everything should be good.

I'd love a few Rubik's Studio centre logos. Cubesmith offered them for a while, but then stopped doing it because of copyright issues. PM me...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:10 pm 

Wonderful idea for stickers.

I need Icosaminx stickers...

So many stickers and it has to be so precise......

MO3: 1:02.60
Avg of 12: 1:08.17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:54 pm 

kickflip, send me a template and I'll send you a quote. please include a scale so I know how big it is. also, if all the sides are the same tell me how many sides/colors it has.

I'm still adding people to the list everyday for logos. the list is growing rapidly so its kind of necessary to wait until everyone has there art submitted and approved. I know some people need to send me there art so I can say if its usable as-is. others I promised I would do it for them in which case I need to work on that tonight and get approval from them.

if possible I will have them for the feb 7 newark open. if thats not possible I will try to have them shortly after. almost definitely they will be done well before feb 28 cause I know someone needs them for an event.

I just got me a fresh copy of photoshop so I'm gonna be grinding all night. I'll post the results of my labor. I'm not posting all the art cause some of it is in early development or awaiting customer approval. the Christmas bum rush is over and I'll be alot more productive I promise.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:58 pm 

I'm still working on "Bryans cube" and "potato spades". I should have them done by tomorrow. if you just noticed something in your art now is the time to say something. these are final proofs I just posted. if your art is not here, and I haven't already talked to you about me doing your design, you need to contact me before its too late. I'm thinking that I might submit everything for a quote on friday, provided I have done the design work that I need to do for the remaining people.

if your just reading this thread for the first time and would like to be added to the list please contact me as soon as possible. the cost is $10 and it gets you at least 100 center squares printed in full color on white vinyl. they match the white vinyl stickers that I sell. I may order rubik studio logo's for myself and anyone who wants them. I will be collecting money on 1/13/09. so get ready!

Attachments:
cubingusalogo.jpg
cubingusalogo.jpg [ 86.42 KiB | Viewed 13101 times ]
JBPUZZLES.jpg
JBPUZZLES.jpg [ 52.65 KiB | Viewed 13088 times ]
flamboredotcom.jpg
flamboredotcom.jpg [ 281.77 KiB | Viewed 11937 times ]
BigF.jpg
BigF.jpg [ 151.43 KiB | Viewed 11931 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:09 pm 

Wow. My logos look like crap. I gotta re-do those. I have a different logo I want to use instead of that second one anyway.
What size and what resolution is ideal for this?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:40 pm 

wow. All these logos look beautiful. I cant wait to see mine tomorrow

Drewseph wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:13 am 

these are 880 x 880 pixels, I don't need it any bigger than that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:23 pm 

Can you make a template for me?

Here is what i drew: (sorry for the bad quality)

Attachment:
DSC02361.JPG
DSC02361.JPG [ 128.14 KiB | Viewed 11243 times ]

Attachment:
DSC02360.JPG
DSC02360.JPG [ 138.48 KiB | Viewed 11217 times ]

Attachment:
DSC02359.JPG
DSC02359.JPG [ 155.52 KiB | Viewed 11209 times ]

Attachment:
DSC02358.JPG
DSC02358.JPG [ 155.15 KiB | Viewed 11211 times ]

MO3: 1:02.60
Avg of 12: 1:08.17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 am 

Would it be possible to make SuperCube sets using the same full-colour-on-white-vinyl process? How hard-wearing are these colours? Given Cubesmith's current lack of supercube stickers, I think those might well be desireable. But if the ink's gonna wear off after a few dozen solves, not so much. I mean, for a logo, that's not nearly so much of an issue.