Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Order status on V-cubes
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:06 pm 

Professor Moneypenny wrote:
all these people are talking about mistakes in addresses and stuff...it has me really paranoid cause i never actually received a shipping confirmation from DHL, just one from the verdes team that said "shipped" I'm using someone's tracking number who lives like 25miles north of me, I'm super worried that there's a problem on mine and i won't get it. Does anyone have any words of reassurance?

I have no words of reassurance, but the exact same thing is happening to me. I would be a lot less worried if I had a damn tracking number. But I've survived this far, faith can help me survive until my cubes get here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:14 pm 

When I called DHL this morning I started off with "I'm expecting a shipment from Greece... I didn't have the number handy, and the guy was great. He found it before I did. You could try calling and acting dumb like I did. Or better yet, have your wife/girlfriend do it. A female voice seems to get more done that way than a male :wink:

If they have it, and have an incomplete address, the guy I spoke to asured me they were in the process of contacting v-cube to get the full address.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:16 pm 

so i could just call and say, i ordered something from greece, this is my address, is it coming? and i could find out?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:19 pm 

Professor Moneypenny wrote:
so i could just call and say, i ordered something from greece, this is my address, is it coming? and i could find out?

That's just about what I did. I also gave my name. He asked for confirmation of my mailing address because he only had the apartment number, the building number,and the district, but not the building name. Have you any idea how many block 5's there are in Hong Kong? LOL I would have never gotten the puzzles without the building name.

It worked for me here in Hong Kong, it might be worth the try to call your local DHL office.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:00 pm 

http://www.xkcd.com/281/
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:07 pm 

I can certainly relate to that! Mine still hasn't updated, and it's now looking like mine missed the flight to Dallas by 1 hour! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Those customs guys had plenty of time to inspect and make that flight. Don't they know I'm anxious to get them! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:51 pm 

WOW, if you have any doubts about your cubes defenitely call! I called and gave my postal code, and name, and that i ordered from greece and he got me my tracking number, and told me that they were going to arrive on monday from 8 to 12. Calling was a great idea idk why i didn't before. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:30 am 

TimMc wrote:
DHL don't ship to P.O. Box addresses :-(

I find this out after they've flown it from:
Greece\Athens --> Italy\Bergamo --> UK\East Midlands --> UK\London-Heathrow --> Australia\Melbourne

Now they'll have to route it to Australia\Sydney :-/

It'd be good if DHL didn't accept transactions that include a PO Box :-/

Tim.

Why would you expect DHL to accept a POBox address?? Who would be there to sign the delivery form ?? With no such signature they are not allowed to deliver. Then again they do accept signature from neighbours etc ...

- Per

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:02 am 

TimMc wrote:
It'd be good if DHL didn't accept transactions that include a PO Box :-/

Exactly.....

perfredlund wrote:
Why would you expect DHL to accept a POBox address?? Who would be there to sign the delivery form ?? With no such signature they are not allowed to deliver. Then again they do accept signature from neighbours etc ...

I'm sure TimMc as the rest of us, did not know that DHL was the method of shipping Mr. Verdes would be using. PO Boxes are acceptable for some packages, as a tag/slip/receipt is left for you to pick up your package elsewhere (DHL Office).

It is true, If DHL does not ship to PO Boxes, then they should not start the process by accepting them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:41 am 

perfredlund wrote:
To be fair, that's something the merchant and shipper should anticipate...not the customer. The merchant (or his agent, the shipper) ought to warn the customer if an ordinary mailing address is not adequate.

BTW: In some regions global couriers can ship to PO Box addresses and mailboxes. For example FedEx has established terms so that their Smart Post packages can be moved globally through their own network but delivered to the customer by the US Post Office. Certain online retailers prefer this method because they can cheaply deliver certain categories of packages to all mailable addresses without bothering the customer with the details.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:13 am 

They were at my appartment this morning, but I wasnt home, so I called them right away to know were the curier was atm, but they couldnt tell. So now I will drive from Gjøvik to Hamar to get the package manually. Its an 2 hour drive but I want the V-CUBES!!!!

Be home at all times these guys are fast!!!

*Alex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 am 

June 30, 2008 - 06:53 - Allentown, PA - USA - Scheduled for delivery :D

Since no one else will pay my bills, I decided to go to work today. I'm going to drive home like I'm getting chased as soon as I get the call that the package was delivered. :twisted:

Edit: June 30, 2008 - 08:13 - Allentown, PA - USA - With delivery courier :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 am 

Mine came this morning at 8:05 AM! The 7x7x7 had a slight problem with two cubies sticking together, but I was able to fix it and it works great.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:34 am 

Bryan wrote:
Mine came this morning at 8:05 AM! The 7x7x7 had a slight problem with two cubies sticking together, but I was able to fix it and it works great.

Interesting. That was your post #1337. Or, at least, you have 1337 posts now. :D

edit:
Attachment:
File comment: 1337357 P057 3\/312.
leet.JPG
leet.JPG [ 44.15 KiB | Viewed 3468 times ]

G3(spark): '99 - '03
G4(blossom): '04 - mid '07
G5(degradation): mid '07 - present (aka: youtube generation)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:05 am 

what does the number 1337 have to do with anything?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:02 am 

OMG OMG OMG. Mine are with the delivery courier! I'm going to be at home, but I had some errands to run. But I'm not leaving this place until they arrive. I don't care if he doesn't show up until 11:59 tonight. Then we'll see if I have the motivation to do the errands! OMG OMG OMG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:08 am 

cwwalden wrote:
what does the number 1337 have to do with anything?

is leet, or LEET, it's leet speech, it's like a way of saying cool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:24 am 

Hurray! My order shipped. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:27 am 

Mine just came!!!!! Im so happy!!
yay!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:28 am 

How long was it between when it said it was scheduled for delivery and when it said it was with the courier?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:36 am 

Scheduled for delivery at 7:30. With delivery courier at 9:43.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:55 am 

WOOHOO!! My cubes just got here! Good thing I had them shipped to my office. Nobody would have been home today to sign for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:56 am 

After about 10 phone calls to DHL today, I finally got them to resend my cubes. The courrier showed up at 4 in the afternoon when I wasn't home, even though they said they would deliver between 9 and 10:30 pm. I stopped my class tonight 4 times to take calls. The great news is, as I was walking into the building, I saw the DHL van pull up. I just waited, and when he told the security guards where he had to go I turned around and shouted "those are my cubes". Showed my ID, signed the paper and ripped open the bags! They're here, They're here. They're Here!

The bad news is some of the stickers are not held down and are peeling off. How soon will those new stickers be ready for sale?
Both of mine twist rather nicely. I'm tickled pink. I was beginning to wonder if these things would ever be made. I remember discussions about the impossibility of them. I'm glad the company stuck it out.

To make it an even nicer day, I got that Tokyo Disney cube this afternoon and a friend of mine in Florida emailed that he got me a WDW cube today! This truly is like Christmas in um... Almost July!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:04 am 

I couldn't take it anymore, I just ordered a 6x6 and 7x7. And the free 5x5 that all DMB members get, obviously.
Hope they come soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:31 am 

Wow, the 7x7x7 turns like butter. High-quality stuff, there. The 6x6x6 is a little weird with the clicking in place. I think it will loosen up as time goes by, though. Also, the 6x6x6 has little bits of plastic hanging off of some of the centers. These can be sanded off, though. Overall, I'm very, very happy with them. Let's hear it for Mr. Verdes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 am 

mine hasn't even left Greece yet, though the shipping process has already begun, I can't wait :lol:

Looking forward to become the second green dotted point in Hong Kong :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 am 

Mine came to the house today. The 7x7x7 is great, it is a little tight at first, for me anyways, but after two solves its great.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:03 pm 

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

They just arrived. I have bubbles on stickers on all sides. There's also a little extraneous plastic sticking out. All of which can be remedied. Hopefully they will work on the QA for these in the future. The 7x7x7 turns amazingly smooth. Overall, well worth the price and the wait. Woo Hoo!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 pm 

I received my V-Cubes, and, per recommendation, I made a 'first impression'-review-pseudo-open-boxing video. Anyway, here is it, if anyone wants to watch. I 'review' all three cubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7On9h2KNYg

G3(spark): '99 - '03
G4(blossom): '04 - mid '07
G5(degradation): mid '07 - present (aka: youtube generation)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 pm 

I came from work early to find my package waiting for me. No signature required. They just left it on the front step. The 5x5 and 7x7 are great (need a little breaking-in), but the 6x6 arrived in pieces! It looks like they threw all the pieces in the box and shrink wrapped it! :evil:

For the cost of shipping I expected better packaging (a box at least). Verdes needs to design a box to ship their orders!

I'll be spending the rest of today referencing photos and putting this thing together.

Edit: Earlier, I sent V-Cube an email regarding the broken 6x6. As usual, I received a prompt response.

Quote:
Totally we have 5 same situations like that.
3 in US, 1 in Spain and 1 in UK.

We (V-CUBE and DHL) suspect that is because the customs are searching for
drugs, because of the large number of orders that are passing the Greek
borders.
One thing I know for sure. I FORCE the cubes in the ground and the cube is
still assembled and fine.
This thing has to be done by man hand.

can you send us pictures from the damaged cube?

if you cannot assemble(see pictures), please send it back with our charge and we will send you a new one.

thanks

Best Regards
Konstantinos VERDES

I re-assembled the 6x6 prior to V-Cube's response using the pictures posted by David Calvo, which were very VERY helpful -http://www.darubik.com/?p=190

If anyone would like the pictures from V-Cubes, please let me know. I'll forward you the email. I didn't attach them because they are large and I didn't feel like resizing them right now.

Last edited by David Calzone on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:18 pm 

Quadricode wrote:
I received my V-Cubes, and, per recommendation, I made a 'first impression'-review-pseudo-open-boxing video. Anyway, here is it, if anyone wants to watch. I 'review' all three cubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7On9h2KNYg

Hi :-)

Nice video. A few points:

- I would recommend NOT to sand down any imperfections. Just cut them off with a sharp pointed knife.

- Do not lubricate before breaking in the cube(s). Unless you hear otherwise from others with actual experience. I do not have those cubes yet!! If you decide to lubricate do it without taking the puzzle apart. Spray into the gaps you can make on the outside with a long tube/nozzle.

- Per

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 pm 

Sorry if this has already been addressed here (I don't have the time to read through all of the pages of V-cube discussion), but how exactly are you supposed to pay for the V-cubes? From what I see on the order I'm about to submit, they only ask for a billing address, and no credit card numbers, paypal, etc. How did everyone here pay for these?

5x5 Single: 2:34.xx
3x3 BLD: 2:15.88
Nothing else matters...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:29 pm 

After you submit the order you will be redirected to paypal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:53 pm 

merlintocs wrote:
Wow, the 7x7x7 turns like butter. High-quality stuff, there. The 6x6x6 is a little weird with the clicking in place. I think it will loosen up as time goes by, though. Also, the 6x6x6 has little bits of plastic hanging off of some of the centers. These can be sanded off, though. Overall, I'm very, very happy with them. Let's hear it for Mr. Verdes!

The 6x6x6 Cube will be much more nice after just 1 solve, I could really feel the diffrence. GL with yours:) :D:D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:01 pm 

Tony Fisher wrote:
Bounb wrote:
Anyone know if it's likely we will be stung by customs charges? In the past I have been with DHL.
Is a price/type (eg. gift) declared on the package?

As it's from within Europe you shouldn't have any customs charges. It really bugs me when you get import duty slapped on a package and then Parcel Force or whoever has the cheek to charge you extra for collecting that duty from you.
BTW using the word 'Gift' on a parcel no longer exempts you from paying duty unless it's a very low value.

Thanks for the information. Informative and reassuring.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 pm 

I emailed V-cubes today and they said my order was shipped today!

Can't wait!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 pm 
Mine are at my house. Unfortunately, I am not until the 12th. I haven't spoken to my parents in like, 3 days so I don't want to call just to ask for them to reship :scrambled:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:52 pm 

All three (5,6,7) arrived an hour ago and my wife was nice enough to drive them to my work :)

Dave (#277, shipped to California)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:14 pm 

DHL Canada sucks !

They have my cubes since yesterday, but they could not figure out how much duties/taxes/charges
I owe them. They could not release them today ( closed at 6pm local time, can you believe this ?? )
I had them at least 5 times on the phone today... with no result... :roll:

Tomorrow is Canada Day so everything is closed !!! ( :evil: :evil: :evil: )

Maybe Wednesday ? I do not know.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 pm 

crepeau wrote:
DHL Canada sucks !

They have my cubes since yesterday, but they could not figure out how much duties/taxes/charges
I owe them. They could not release them today ( closed at 6pm local time, can you believe this ?? )
I had them at least 5 times on the phone today... with no result... :roll:

Tomorrow is Canada Day so everything is closed !!! ( :evil: :evil: :evil: )

Maybe Wednesday ? I do not know.....

Wow - I really hope this is a learning experience for V-Cubes...

Unbelievable on how many screw ups and hassles we have to endure.... :roll: :roll: :|

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:23 pm 

I forgot to mention that v-cubes got my zip code wrong, even though it's correct on the invoice they sent me. But DHL managed to figure it out. I didn't even know it was wrong until I got my package.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:32 pm 

Hello everyone! i ordered my V-cubes on Thurs the 27th and I am yet to get a shipping confirmation e-mail. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I have heard some people didn't get shipping confirmation e-mails so I e-mailed v-cubes yesterday around this time and haven't gotten a response yet. Should I call DHL, and see what they can tell me, or just wait for a (hopeful) response from V-cubes? I fear I am being overly-paranoid about them :o . Any help would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:38 pm 

I ordered mine on the 21st and they left greece today. I think that you probably have a long time until your are shipped, but it seems like the orders slowed down a bit so you might get yours faster.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:40 pm 

Great, thanks! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:41 pm 

I ordered mine on the 20th and I just got them today........

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 pm 

Alonso wrote:
I ordered mine on the 20th and I just got them today........

Ordered mine on the 19th... Mine is still 'processed'. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And a few people in NY already have them.

Jeez, and when I supported their behavior all this time........ :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank god my Gigaminx is coming soon....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:45 pm 

Supposedly, the orders from 6/21-22/08 were shipped today. Thats what the email I got from them said after I asked them.

Very nice people over there in Greece! If you have doubts about your order you should email them, as they are very friendly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:26 pm 

Yeah Reeech, I live in NYC. I was order #136 and just recieved them this morning. Actually, they arrived in the city 2 days ago on Saturday morning but they don't deliver on weekends.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:06 am 

Professor, that would seem to be about right. I ordered on the 21st and, though my order still says "Processed", I got the shipping confirmation today. Way cool!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:18 am 

I hate all of you #100 + people who have yours :lol:

I ordered mine on the 20th and mine have been sitting in friggin Ohio for 31 hours. Argh! Being able to track almost makes my anxiety worse....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next