I've been looking for a Trio
puzzle unsuccessfully for a while now so when I found two puzzlers
I decided to try to make my own:
DSCN2553.JPG [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 1735 times ]
I'm quite happy with the result, it's not perfect but movement is fairly good and it's enjoyable to solve.
I did have a few problems / made a few mistakes. I'll list some of them here in the hope they may help other beginners:
I dyed the puzzles first - this was a mistake as when I cut them to join them together the original colour became visible again.
While the frame dyed well the puzzle pieces did not take the dye, I'm not sure if this is to do with the plastic in them or if I didn't use a strong even concentration of acetone. Because of this I had to cut stickers the full size of the pieces which doesn't look as nice (in my opinion) as if there had been a black border around the edges.
I forgot to take pictures of each stage, this is all I have:
DSCN2472.JPG [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 1735 times ]
DSCN2554.JPG [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 1735 times ]
I think the size is quite nice and good for solving as the original puzzlers were quite small:
DSCN2557.JPG [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 1735 times ]
DSCN2558.JPG [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 1735 times ]
DSCN2556.JPG [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 1735 times ]
I do have a spare half puzzle left over so I may turn it into a Quadplex
at some stage!
Thanks for looking!