Here are my two latest mods; the Babyface 2x2
originally made by Mike Grimsley and the Babyface 3x3
originally made by Jo Jeong-Whi.
DSCN2465.JPG [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 1495 times ]
DSCN2466.JPG [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 1495 times ]
DSCN2467.JPG [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 1495 times ]
The 2x2 was made with the same Shengshou Circle 2x2 core as my Junior Cross Cube
Movement is ok but if I was making another I would add a piece of sheeting between the circle pieces and the square faces to allow some room as sometimes the squares are a bit tight to the faces of the cube when turning.
The 3x3 was made with one of the 3x3 circle cubes and the movement is excellent! After the experience of cutting out the squares for the 2x2 I decided to try something different for the 3x3 - I just glued smooth Lego 2x2 pieces on and covered them with stickers - much easier!
If I was doing it again or if the stickers start to give me trouble I may order the Lego pieces in the correct colours - I didn't have enough green or orange to try it this time so I decided to go all black and use stickers.