Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1030 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

What relgion do you practice?
Christianity 40%  40%  [ 31 ]
Judaism 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Islam 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Hinduism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Buddhism 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Atheist 40%  40%  [ 31 ]
Other(If so, please explain) 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 77
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 1999 12:18 pm
Location: Palerang Shire, NSW, Australia
This thread is closed. It just got reduced to name calling, and became of little use to anyone. I will be checking the contents for the amount of unjustified abuse and placing bans.

(A two week timeout ban is in place for several members).

_________________
Wayne Johnson (Developer)
http://waynejohnson.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
rubiksfriend wrote:
But doesn't the term contradict itself?

yes, which is why i'm not Christian (that and the reason i was raised Jewish), but it i were to convert to a religion, Christianity would be near the bottom of my list

no offense to the polite and nice Christians on this forum, i am just stating my belief

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/avenueq14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
Guess so. T.Cube could explain or something.

It's an oxymoron, like jumboshrimp and creation science.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 am
But doesn't the term contradict itself?

_________________
Square-1: 46.95 avg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
rubiksfriend wrote:
TheCube wrote:
Draconic- Keep in mind you are agruing with someone whose religion can be classified as monopolytheistic

this might be a pointless post, but monopolytheistic is so contradictory



That's pretty funny! How does that happen, exactly?


well, lets see

mono- one
poly- many
theistic- beleive in a god

Christians believe in one god (mono), that is really also three (poly) thus it is monopolytheistic in a sense

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/avenueq14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 am
TheCube wrote:
Draconic- Keep in mind you are agruing with someone whose religion can be classified as monopolytheistic

this might be a pointless post, but monopolytheistic is so contradictory



That's pretty funny! How does that happen, exactly?

_________________
Square-1: 46.95 avg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Draconic- Keep in mind you are agruing with someone whose religion can be classified as monopolytheistic

this might be a pointless post, but monopolytheistic is so contradictory

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/avenueq14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 am
^^ Brilliant.

_________________
Square-1: 46.95 avg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
You know what, screw that. I'm going to give you a quote from the bible, and stand them up to reality. This is from the King James version.


Quote:
And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.


Quote:
For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.


Quote:
And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.



All things NOT on the ark will die. ALL seeds, plants, fungi, animals, protists, monera. All fish, birds, whales, coral reefs.

EVERY living substance. This includes diseaes, bacteria, seeds, ALL cells, etc.

You surely cannot refute this. ALL things not on the Ark die. It says right in your book.

So tell me; what did these animals eat after the flood?

Quote:
And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.


So tell me; if ALL living substances were killed, where did an olive leaf come from?


What is so hard with considering that the flood didn't happen, that it is supposed to be a story about...

...redemption...

Quote:
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually . . . And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created


...forgiveness...

Quote:
the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.


...and recovery/rebirth.

Quote:
And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.


Jesus used parables; why wouldn't God do so, too?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
-


Last edited by Draconic on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
You are wrong again.

I counted up all the animals, and it's 12,735 which includes 7 of each bird species and 7 of each clean animal in addition to 2 pair of all other species in each order.

They would have come onto the ark as a heard, and yes they would have taken a couple days to be loaded. Also Noah was awaiting people to come onboard the ark as well. Only 1/3 of the room was set aside for the animals, the rest was for people and food.

:lol:

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
S.Rubiks wrote:

Well all I can tell you is that everything that you stated was your opinion based upon what you have read and interpreted to fit within your worldview.

If you were from Narnia, you would expect all animals to talk. But in reality... they don't.


Oh please, you are simply an idiotic. Math alone can disrove Noah's ark.

Getting all the animals aboard the Ark presents logistical problems which, while not impossible, are highly impractical. Noah had only seven days to load the Ark ( Gen. 7:4-10). If only 15764 animals were aboard the Ark, one animal must have been loaded every 38 seconds, without letup. Since there were likely more animals to load, the time pressures would have been even worse.

All you're doing regarding the Flood theory is just baseless asumptions, ad-hominem attacks, IGNORING evidence, and especially red herrings. You cannot prove Noah's ark, it just didn't happen. Look at the Mayan Calendar (very accurate, BTW. The Mayans were the first ones to come up with the concept of zero)

Quote:
So in reality, you are mistaken once again my friend.


You've neither disproven any scientific theory, nor proven the Earth is 6k years old, Noah's Flood happened, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
Evidence for the Noah's ark flood:
http://www.trueorigin.org/walkergeo01.asp

Shawn.


SCIENCE
They're doing it wrong.




There are just so many problems with a world wide flood and many many animals on one boat. It just can't happen.

Theories, to stand up, must be contradicted by no facts, and especially not logic.

A global flood didn't happen, and Noah never built a gigantic Ark.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:17 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
David J wrote:
[snip]

Consider if you will, Father George Coyne who was head of the Vatican Observatory Research Group. Here's an article about him:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.1 ... astro.html

I thought at first that you were sincere, but I no longer believe that is the case. People have been very patient with you, but you badmouth nearly everyone of them.

I have no problem with your belief in God and in Christ, but the political opinions, and interpretations of science and scripture that you are relying upon are not scripture. And you really do need to watch that not bearing false witness stuff.

David J

*

Yeah we got into a little insult war, some people got their feelings hurt. Sorry to say, but again you are mistaken about your view and evolution. It's too bad you will not actually look at the facts opened mindedly. oh well I certainly tried.


Once again you bear false witness. You have not tried. You rely only on your sources. I gave you competent sources for the counter arguments to "intelligent design" theory and you have not considered them nor given me any feedback regarding them.

You still haven't twigged to reality. If you actually read Father Coyne's stuff you'll see that he's gone over the facts quite thoroughly, studying both sides of the debate. I pointed to Father Coyne with the hope that you would acknowledge that some who disagree with you are scrupulous Christians. I repeat: evolution does not say that there is no God.

Open-mindedness is exactly what most everyone here is urging you towards. You've been given thoughtful feedback by numerous people on this thread. Science welcomes questions, honest questions. You need to learn to respect opinions of those who disagree with you.

Some here are way too polite to bring it up, but continuing to repeat other's incompetent interpretations of facts, putting forward political opinions as religious ones, insulting people and pretending that you are in the right does not further your cause. Perhaps if you read the merest college-level geology text you might understand how big a fool you appear to be.

I ask you once again, until you read and understand evolution's side of the evolution-versus-"intelligent design" debate and answer me honestly, please do not respond.

David J

*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
S.Rubiks wrote:
I thought you told the cube that you weren't going to post in this thread?

Same goes for you Cube.

I was enjoying not hearing your rhetoric.

Well all I can tell you is that everything that you stated was your opinion based upon what you have read and interpreted to fit within your worldview.

If you were from Narnia, you would expect all animals to talk. But in reality... they don't.

So in reality, you are mistaken once again my friend.


now flip it, the bible seems to point to jesus because you have jesus in mind, but if you WEREN'T thinking of jesus, you would understand

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/avenueq14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
I thought you told the cube that you weren't going to post in this thread?

Same goes for you Cube.

I was enjoying not hearing your rhetoric.

Well all I can tell you is that everything that you stated was your opinion based upon what you have read and interpreted to fit within your worldview.

If you were from Narnia, you would expect all animals to talk. But in reality... they don't.

So in reality, you are mistaken once again my friend.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
Flood evidence: It's well known and there have been many studies on it that the Black sea was once fresh watch up until somewhere around 5-4k BC. Scientists have already stated that they believe there was a huge "local" flood in the area of the Black Sea and that it would have caused the deluge for over 300 days causing people to disperse.


Fallacy.Didn't they say it was a local flood?

Quote:
No taking that into consideration, let's compare these things to the Biblical account in Genesis. Noah built the ark and preached to 120 years! If it was a local event, then God could have simply sent him over the next few mountain ranges. Why would Noah need a vessel as large as it was? If all the animals could simply go over the next mountain ranges, especially birds. There wouldn't be the amount of bird fossils in the ground that we have now, if they had a place to land their feet. Unfortunately for them they probably flew until they were exhausted then dropped, floated and became fish food.


Ignorance. Birds die, then they leave fossils. Any unusual amount of fossils can be explained using other means (if there IS an unusual amount of them)

Quote:
With the techtonics happening in isolated areas as well as hyperactive hurricanes, it would have allowed safe travel by Noah and the fish in the oceans. Any animal that washed into the water could then become fish food.


Illogical ocnjecture. I'm not even going to answer this.

Quote:
There is a worldwide silt layer, that couldn't possibly be evidence for the flood could it?


Uh, no there isn't. Unless you would like to provide another article from a creationist website? Screw that, get a peer-reviewed scintific article.

Quote:
How about polystrate fossils, such as whales or trees that are fossilized upside down through several strata making them look like they were there for millions of years.


So? Catastrophic events happen, we already know that. But this is a red herring fallacy.

Quote:
Mt St. Helens taught us a lot more than we knew about sediments, lava flows and floods. Mt. St. Helens dug a canyon 1/40th the size of the Grand Canyon in 3 days. Imagine what force a world wide flood would have caused.


The Grand Canyon was eroded away over millions of years by the Colorado river. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp. And if a flood did have enough force to carve the largest canyon in the world, why are mountians like Mt. Everest still so tall? Wouldn't this incredible force erode them down to a stub?

Quote:
There are alot of evidence FOR the flood, and of course this is left up to interpretation, but there is also alot of evidence that is interpreted to be against this event. I really do not see how you can argue with the fossils, and the sediments that cover the entire earth.


SCIENCE
You're doing it wrong.

I'm sorry, but your theory does not stand up. As I said, all contradicting evidence must be explained, not ignored. Until then, we (the educated and scientific community at least) are not going to believe this ever happened.

Here, in my opinion, is the nail in the coffin of your silly flood.

http://www.civilization.ca/civil/maya/mmc09eng.html

The Mayans are an advanced civilization, they have pyramids rivaling those of ancient egypts. If a global flood DID happen, only leaving 8 people 4.5K years ago, why is this not recorded in the Mayan calendar? There are hyroglyps (however oyu spell it) written down at the time of this uspposed flood, care to explan that? If they all died and their building were destroyed, how did they come back? Why is there no sudden wipeout in the time of the flood for the Mayans?

This is incredible contradicting evidence. You cannot just leave it unexplained.

Quote:
There are sediments and sea fossils on the highest mountains. How did they get up there?


We just went over this. It's plate tectonics. Do I need to whip out my crude drawing again?

Quote:
Do you know that if the land was even without the mountains we would have enough water to cover the earth by several feet? Do you know what mechanism drives oil and gas out of the ground? Water. Water which is brackish, oil floats on water, and gas floats on oil.


Red herring. YOu figure it out.

Quote:
All of these things come from massive amounts of plant life and sea life. This material had to be trapped rapidly in order to be turned into hydrocarbons. Hydro = water carbons=life. Even though carbon dating is supposed to be good for 50k years. Oil is supposed to be millions of years old, and has plenty of carbon in it. So the water washes tons of sand, plant life and sea life together as theh water aswages, the plant and sea life gets trapped. faulting occurs as the plates move away from each other causing shelves to be created wherein sand and silt flows over and is deposited rapidly like ramps, with a mix if this organic material and water in it. The calcites solidify making sandstone and shale (silt). The organic material starts to decay and rapidly turn to oil and gas, coal, peat, depending on the conditions (how much heat and pressure). as the sandstone, lime, shale, chalkand salt start to turn to to stone, the organic material breaks down and gets trapped within the formation and separates from the water. By the way, chalk is formed from sea shells.


More red herrings.

And please, explain the MASSIVE contradicting evidence, like other civilizations being present at the time of this flood, but their advancement undisturbed.

The Mayans recorded many things, and their calendar is very accurate.

Quote:
(This message was insult free)


You insult my intelligence.

No flood happened.

Quote:
Here's an article concerning an astounding find. Jellyfish fossils. What you say? Jellyfish have no bones to be fossilized.


Neither do plants, but we find fossils of them.

Quote:
The article says they are 500 mil years old and all washed up on a beach before there were any natural predators. Well the jellyfishes worst enemy was already there. The sun! They would have shriveled up and dried out from the sun. So, since none of these jellyfish were shriveled up then I would have to say that they were all buried rapidly in some kind of huge flood event. There are even water ripples fossilzed from where they were struggling to get free.


BAHAHAHAH!!!

Baseless assertions, no evidence, and red herrings. The jelyfish die, their bodys are covered by fand from the tides, and they begin to fossilize. And wouldn't a masive flood rip their bodies apart? It was able to carve the largest canyon ever!

Quote:
Before you say something silly, I'm sure you understand that just because the article SAYS they are 500 mil years old, doesn't mean that's true at all. No one was around to observe what happened 500 million years


However we can look at the evidence to determine what happened in the past, even if no one was around. Science is not a guessing game, it's a detective trail.

Quote:
Besides, fossils are generally dated by the rocks they are found in... and rocks are dated by index fossils found in them. Now if that's the kind of circular logic that would make even me say "hmmm"


Red Herring, and strawman. We have methods to date rocks, then fossils in the dated rocks are the SAME age as the rocks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Two Things

1. my "game" failed

2. S. Rubiks, you are an idiot, of the very few things i know for sure, i know this

and its not because you are a fundie, its because you are an idiot

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/avenueq14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
S.Rubiks wrote:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/01/020124173804.htm

Here's an article concerning an astounding find. Jellyfish fossils. What you say? Jellyfish have no bones to be fossilized.

Cool.

Quote:
Well the jellyfishes worst enemy was already there. The sun! They would have shriveled up and dried out from the sun.

Does that happen? I honestly don't know. I do know I've seen jellyfish washed up on the beach before, in the sun, and never seen one that was shriveled up.

Quote:
since none of these jellyfish were shriveled up then I would have to say that they were all buried rapidly in some kind of huge flood event.

You're determined to find your proof from the slightest thing. I would think that such a cataclysmic flood event would do them far more damage than the sun. Or if it was gentle enough not to damage them, then they wouldn't have died in the first place.

Rob.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Evidence for the Noah's ark flood:
http://www.trueorigin.org/walkergeo01.asp

Shawn.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Evidence against Noah's ark and flood:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

Rob.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 173804.htm

Here's an article concerning an astounding find. Jellyfish fossils. What you say? Jellyfish have no bones to be fossilized.

The article says they are 500 mil years old and all washed up on a beach before there were any natural predators. Well the jellyfishes worst enemy was already there. The sun! They would have shriveled up and dried out from the sun. So, since none of these jellyfish were shriveled up then I would have to say that they were all buried rapidly in some kind of huge flood event. There are even water ripples fossilzed from where they were struggling to get free.

Before you say something silly, I'm sure you understand that just because the article SAYS they are 500 mil years old, doesn't mean that's true at all. No one was around to observe what happened 500 million years

Besides, fossils are generally dated by the rocks they are found in... and rocks are dated by index fossils found in them. Now if that's the kind of circular logic that would make even me say "hmmm"

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Flood evidence: It's well known and there have been many studies on it that the Black sea was once fresh watch up until somewhere around 5-4k BC. Scientists have already stated that they believe there was a huge "local" flood in the area of the Black Sea and that it would have caused the deluge for over 300 days causing people to disperse.

No taking that into consideration, let's compare these things to the Biblical account in Genesis. Noah built the ark and preached to 120 years! If it was a local event, then God could have simply sent him over the next few mountain ranges. Why would Noah need a vessel as large as it was? If all the animals could simply go over the next mountain ranges, especially birds. There wouldn't be the amount of bird fossils in the ground that we have now, if they had a place to land their feet. Unfortunately for them they probably flew until they were exhausted then dropped, floated and became fish food.

With the techtonics happening in isolated areas as well as hyperactive hurricanes, it would have allowed safe travel by Noah and the fish in the oceans. Any animal that washed into the water could then become fish food.

There is a worldwide silt layer, that couldn't possibly be evidence for the flood could it? How about polystrate fossils, such as whales or trees that are fossilized upside down through several strata making them look like they were there for millions of years.

Mt St. Helens taught us a lot more than we knew about sediments, lava flows and floods. Mt. St. Helens dug a canyon 1/40th the size of the Grand Canyon in 3 days. Imagine what force a world wide flood would have caused.

There are alot of evidence FOR the flood, and of course this is left up to interpretation, but there is also alot of evidence that is interpreted to be against this event. I really do not see how you can argue with the fossils, and the sediments that cover the entire earth. There are sediments and sea fossils on the highest mountains. How did they get up there?

Do you know that if the land was even without the mountains we would have enough water to cover the earth by several feet? Do you know what mechanism drives oil and gas out of the ground? Water. Water which is brackish, oil floats on water, and gas floats on oil.

All of these things come from massive amounts of plant life and sea life. This material had to be trapped rapidly in order to be turned into hydrocarbons. Hydro = water carbons=life. Even though carbon dating is supposed to be good for 50k years. Oil is supposed to be millions of years old, and has plenty of carbon in it. So the water washes tons of sand, plant life and sea life together as theh water aswages, the plant and sea life gets trapped. faulting occurs as the plates move away from each other causing shelves to be created wherein sand and silt flows over and is deposited rapidly like ramps, with a mix if this organic material and water in it. The calcites solidify making sandstone and shale (silt). The organic material starts to decay and rapidly turn to oil and gas, coal, peat, depending on the conditions (how much heat and pressure). as the sandstone, lime, shale, chalkand salt start to turn to to stone, the organic material breaks down and gets trapped within the formation and separates from the water. By the way, chalk is formed from sea shells.

(This message was insult free)

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Robert Webb wrote:
S.Rubiks wrote:
Would you like to google me some more? Maybe zillow my house? Look at my baby pictures? You should be banned for trying to dig into someone's life from the forum. I'm sure if I did the same thing to one of the members here I would be banned instantly.

You are out of line and need to take your post down and give a formal apology.

All he did was find publicly available info on you, nothing underhanded. It's not like he impersonated you on a public forum and misrepresented your ideologies or something, which it seems you've done more than once.

Quote:
I can say whatever I wish, especially if you can go and post things to try to defame my character.

You're doing a fine job of that yourself.

S.Rubiks wrote:
Threats, Racism, or Sexism.
Threats or messages promoting or expressing intolerant views towards minorities (race, religion, sexual preference, etc.) will not be tolerated.

You mean saying things like "unlike you, I'm not on the net surfing gay porn"?

This is my favourite:
Quote:
Didn't Europe drop off a bunch of prisoners quite a while back to populate that country initially? Don't australians view blacks as inferior aboriginal people?

Anyone else see the irony in accusing me of being racist based solely on my race :lol:

Rob.


yeah I guess you're right. So I will apologize to you. Far be it for me to judge you for how much gay porn you view in the privacy of your own home. :wink:

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
S.Rubiks wrote:
Would you like to google me some more? Maybe zillow my house? Look at my baby pictures? You should be banned for trying to dig into someone's life from the forum. I'm sure if I did the same thing to one of the members here I would be banned instantly.

You are out of line and need to take your post down and give a formal apology.

All he did was find publicly available info on you, nothing underhanded. It's not like he impersonated you on a public forum and misrepresented your ideologies or something, which it seems you've done more than once.

Quote:
I can say whatever I wish, especially if you can go and post things to try to defame my character.

You're doing a fine job of that yourself.

S.Rubiks wrote:
Threats, Racism, or Sexism.
Threats or messages promoting or expressing intolerant views towards minorities (race, religion, sexual preference, etc.) will not be tolerated.

You mean saying things like "unlike you, I'm not on the net surfing gay porn"?

This is my favourite:
Quote:
Didn't Europe drop off a bunch of prisoners quite a while back to populate that country initially? Don't australians view blacks as inferior aboriginal people?

Anyone else see the irony in accusing me of being racist based solely on my race :lol:

Rob.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
You are the ones trolling, insulting and attacking the Belief that one carries and stating that you have the truth.


"Hello pot, meet kettle."

Actually more like.

"Hello pot, meet HUGE FREAKING COULDRON OF HYPOCRACY."

Quote:
It's unfortunate that you don't just open your mind up a bit and figure things out for yourself. You wanna shut every Christian up. Prove the Bible wrong.


I just covered this, you haven't disproven any credible scientific theory.

And no, YOU need to prove the Bible is true. Prove a global flood happened 4k years ago. Prove the earth is only 6k years old.

You might just win a Nobel Prize.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
You are mistaken about your view and evolution. It's too bad you will not actually look at the facts opened mindedly. oh well I certainly tried.


What facts? You have yet to provide anything to counter any scientific theory we have shown. Now you make another baseless assertion.

And by open minded, do you mean "Based on your views"?

We've been able to counter all your "evidence".

Here is a 11-part video. You don't have to watch all of them.
Sorry, but if you think we were created as we are today 6K years ago in 6 days, you have missed out on incredible advances in our understanding of Life, Ourselves, the Earth, and the Universe.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wg1fs6vp9Ok

Creationism is the opposite of science.

Science collects facts, and creates a theory to best fit them. When new facts are discovered, the theory is modified to fit them. No contradicting evidence can be ignored or left unexplained. Scientific theories cannot be created only by disproving another.

Creationists make one "theory", then find facts to best fit it. They never change their theory. Contradicting evidence is either ignored, or failed to be explained. Apparently, disproving other theories provides evidence for yours.

When I look at what science has done. Man on the Moon, Hadron Collider (almost), airplanes, the internet, Voyager 1 and 2, ample food, clean water, environmental understanding, submarines (going to down to the bottom of the ocean-INCREDIBLE pressure), skyscrapers, modern medecine, and MUCH more; creationism compared to that is, well, pathetic.

Name one benefit to humanity creatonism has, that science doesn't. "Saving souls" doesn't count.

Society is just a monument to science.

If we had never went from "diseases are cured by prayer and faith" to "diseases are cured by medicine, surgery etc." smallpox would still exist (outside of labs), a disease which killed .5B in the last century alone. We could never have generated medicine, surgery practices, vaccines, safe ways to avoid diseases, IF we had stuck to the Bible's cure for all diseases. "Pray."

Creationists are the ultimate skeptics. In the face of thousands of papers amounting to millions of pieces of evidence CONTRADICTING their theory, they still hold on to it.

If we let the creationists in charge, we would be back in the dark ages within 50 years.

So now, S. Rubiks, I request that YOU look at the millions of pieces of evidence for evolution, big bang, abiogenesis, etc. with an open mind.

You might just learn something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Let me nail this on the head for you.

AS Mahr said, a billion people can believe it even if it's wrong. A truth is true, even if no one believes it, and a falsehood is false even if everyone believes it.

Just as the fat man in the red shirt said. You start insulting my God and you have a problem with me. There are many many imitators out there. This is also told to happen in the bible. Until you taste for yourself you have NO clue who God is and what he has done in someone's life.

You are the ones trolling, insulting and attacking the Belief that one carries and stating that you have the truth.

It's unfortunate that you don't just open your mind up a bit and figure things out for yourself. You wanna shut every Christian up. Prove the Bible wrong.

No you haven't done it yet, nor hase some website.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:08 pm 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB8fPJ6zds8

Everyone arguing here should watch that


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:48 am
^ Hypertrolling.

_________________
#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
TheCube wrote:
Everyone who has posted on this thread, lets take something called the "two-week challenge"

Basically don't respond to Shawn's post on this thread even if he says that he "won" because we are not posting

Starting 3:04 Central Standard Time and 9:04 (i think) Greenwich Mean Time

GO!


You are the one in here that was DEMANDING I give you answers for your antiquated debates. Of everyone here, you were the furthest behind.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
David J wrote:
S.Rubiks wrote:
David J wrote:
Pretty much the only people in Europe who thought that the world was flat, when Columbus sailed, were Christians. It was heresy to believe that the world was "round," that is spherical. You could be put to death by Christians for believing that the the sun was the center of the solar system.

David J

*


Do some [Censored. Please be nice!] research instead of spreading your lies, you really need to take a moment and find out the truth for yourself instead of reading fantasy... you bore me already.

http://www.bede.org.uk/flatearth.htm


Mind your tongue.

I've done the research, and I've told no lies.

What I wrote is true. I've been aware for decades of Eratosthenes, and about Columbus having the wrong figure for the size of the Earth, and I've seen the details of the trouble people got into with the church for believing that the world was other than flat. In addition the church acknowledged their misbehavior with regard to Galileo.

I bore you already? Amazing zinger from you who have failed to respond honestly to me. I gave you a long time to respond and you did not.
How dare you call me a liar?

Consider if you will, Father George Coyne who was head of the Vatican Observatory Research Group. Here's an article about him:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.1 ... astro.html

I thought at first that you were sincere, but I no longer believe that is the case. People have been very patient with you, but you badmouth nearly everyone of them.

I have no problem with your belief in God and in Christ, but the political opinions, and interpretations of science and scripture that you are relying upon are not scripture. And you really do need to watch that not bearing false witness stuff.

David J

*

Yeah we got into a little insult war, some people got their feelings hurt. Sorry to say, but again you are mistaken about your view and evolution. It's too bad you will not actually look at the facts opened mindedly. oh well I certainly tried.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:17 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
David J wrote:
Pretty much the only people in Europe who thought that the world was flat, when Columbus sailed, were Christians. It was heresy to believe that the world was "round," that is spherical. You could be put to death by Christians for believing that the the sun was the center of the solar system.

David J

*


Do some [Censored. Please be nice!] research instead of spreading your lies, you really need to take a moment and find out the truth for yourself instead of reading fantasy... you bore me already.

http://www.bede.org.uk/flatearth.htm


Mind your tongue.

I've done the research, and I've told no lies.

What I wrote is true. I've been aware for decades of Eratosthenes, and about Columbus having the wrong figure for the size of the Earth, and I've seen the details of the trouble people got into with the church for believing that the world was other than flat. In addition the church acknowledged their misbehavior with regard to Galileo.

I bore you already? Amazing zinger from you who have failed to respond honestly to me. I gave you a long time to respond and you did not.
How dare you call me a liar?

Consider if you will, Father George Coyne who was head of the Vatican Observatory Research Group. Here's an article about him:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.1 ... astro.html

I thought at first that you were sincere, but I no longer believe that is the case. People have been very patient with you, but you badmouth nearly everyone of them.

I have no problem with your belief in God and in Christ, but the political opinions, and interpretations of science and scripture that you are relying upon are not scripture. And you really do need to watch that not bearing false witness stuff.

David J

*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
Threats, Racism, or Sexism.
Threats or messages promoting or expressing intolerant views towards minorities (race, religion, sexual preference, etc.) will not be tolerated. This includes all such jokes.

Rule number 7. This means what all of you atheists do is a bannable offense. You have been continually attacking my belief and views on every topic for which I respond to.

Sending me degrading PM's and when I defend myself in here you continue to attack me and say I'm being unfair and attacking you but that I'm the idiot.


You're very guilty here.

IN this thread, on your VERY FIRST FEW posts, you attack most everybody. Then we retaliate, then you blame US for insulting your religion, whilst you do so for other religions and other people! Hypocracy at its best.


Quote:
-I used to be an evilutionist, satanist, on and on. I realized how stupid I was.


Quote:
-Yeah, you were right in placing atheism in the poll. For it is nowadays a religious view and dogma of not believing in organized religion. . . Only their mouthpieces are bitter and cast hatred out in the form of lectures, books and interviews all over the free world.


Quote:
-oh and my opinion on any agnostics or any other fence sitters is that they don't have the backbone to stand up for a viewpoint one way or another.

Probably cannot decide whether to leave their puzzles in a solve or unsolved state before kissing then goodnight :twisted:


Quote:
-and no, i am not stirring up anything. nor am i being irrational.
(yes you are)

Quote:
-I view the FSM as a direct assault upon Christianity in particular. No one wants to poke fun at Islam, because people don't want to get killed.. . .Not because it's right, but because it's completely childish and wrong. You state that Christians are irrational and they have no reason for their faith, outside or blind belief. Yet you have never offered one scrap of evidence of why you believe what you believe. So Destro, until you present some kind of relevant proof for your ranting and emotional tyrades... I'd say it's a mid life crisis thing, but you aren't old enough.


Quote:
-Funny how you never mentioned in those 3 topics (Religion, politics, abortion) gay marriage and such. Is that because you would be pro-gay marriage?


Quote:
-gay marriage is wrong, and all religion is wrong. This is why Christ came and died to tear down religion in order that we may all choose to serve God freely, and not a man behind a curtain. Sure, religion isn't the greatest and there have been many atrocities committed in the name of religion, but hey! Lets look at what atheism has done for the world as we know it!!!


Quote:
-The fact that you find someone stating their views (Christianity) offensive to you, shows you are not Christian.


Quote:
-I find your religion ridiculous too by the way. Only difference of mine and yours... I have much reason, logic and proof for mine.


Quote:
-Religion starts many wars, but I think not as many as women.


Quote:
-You're an idiot! Well good luck with that!


Quote:
-I will come back to this topic, when anyone in here can tell their asses from a hole in the ground.



(someone says COEXIST)
Quote:
That's just what the enemy would like to happen.


Quote:
-no genius, the point of that message is to state that all religions are equal and you arrive at the same place, so to stop trying change someone else's opinion. Unfortunately it's a bit wrong.

Quote:
- You state that you don't want to push your views on others, then you immediately state that homosexuality is ok. Sounds like you are pushing your views upon me and judging anyone that doesn't think it's okay to ruin your life through homosexuality.


(on someone saying homosexuality and bisexuality is okay)
Quote:
I think the only people that ever told me not to smoke and that smoking was bad for you was smokers. So... using the same logic, hmmm.


You just called someone gay.

Quote:
-I also know Christianity to be not only more accurate, but also the truth. No world religion carries the message of salvation and redemption as Christianity.


Quote:
-this is where the core issues that decide whether that person is in danger of worshipping another god.


Quote:
-if you believe otherwise about Jesus then you can be in danger of worshipping another god.


Quote:
-No other diety, prophet, religion, belief can do anything like this for me or anyone.


Quote:
-You won't see Christians violently attacking other religions.


Quote:
-Mormonism is closer to Christianity than Islam... wouldn't you agree? OrJehovahs Witnesses. But infact it is those "almost" differences that make it NOT Christianity at all.


Quote:
-Maybe this way it can be looked at logically instead of merely opinionated gibberish.
(like you?)

Quote:
-You first stated that all religion is opinions and beliefs and pov's. I'm sorry, but you are quite mistaken.


Quote:
-My friend put down the crack pipe and pick up a book once in a while.


Quote:
-I'm the only Christian debating you and your silly viewpoints.


THAT WAS THE FIRST 5 PAGES OR SO.

You also called Quinn a "Phag" resulting in him leaving.

Now, get your head out of your ass, and stop playing the "I am being insulted/persecuted/etc."

You still have yet to refute any of the confimable facts about evolution we've given you.

You've bahed and played ad-hominem attacks with almost everyone here.

You don't back up your claims with any facts, just opinions.

You keep stating that all other 5B people have not found the truth and are going to hell.


And you say YOU'RE being persecuted?

EDIT: Sorry TheCube. I'll start now!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Everyone who has posted on this thread, lets take something called the "two-week challenge"

Basically don't respond to Shawn's post on this thread even if he says that he "won" because we are not posting

Starting 3:04 Central Standard Time and 9:04 (i think) Greenwich Mean Time

GO!

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/avenueq14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: VA, USA
Ice cube.

_________________
2x2x2 . . . PB: 1.65 Avg: 5.32
3x3x3 . . . PB: 11.32 Avg: 17.33
4x4x4 . . . PB: 1:11.32 Avg: 1:27
5x5x5 . . . PB: 2:26.47 Avg: 2:36.04
Pyraminx . PB: 4.18 Avg: 8.43


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
I guess we are going to play this game then. ok. That we will.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:34 pm
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
I am not going to argue with you.

Thomas

_________________
Image
My mods | My other hobby: www.unused-prince-tickets.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Threats, Racism, or Sexism.
Threats or messages promoting or expressing intolerant views towards minorities (race, religion, sexual preference, etc.) will not be tolerated. This includes all such jokes.

Rule number 7. This means what all of you atheists do is a bannable offense. You have been continually attacking my belief and views on every topic for which I respond to.

Sending me degrading PM's and when I defend myself in here you continue to attack me and say I'm being unfair and attacking you but that I'm the idiot.

Excuse me for answering your 1000 questions you have been hounding me with over the last few days.

Seriously. TheCube demands I answer his questions or else he says that I must not be able to.

Blade and Draconic browbeat me.

Thomas tries to find degrading information on me in the net in hopes of exposing me. So you see, if I am to be banned then it would be only fair that these others attacking me and instigating the whole debate be banned as well.

I would rather no one be banned and thomas erase his garbage, what's next? A picture of my wife? my kids? Kind of personal if you ask me.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
HA HA YEAH! That guy got mad because I told him the end to the movie. As you can see from the posts, everyone else thought he was as trivial as I think you are being by digging information up on me.

For the record, I didn't start ANY of those threads, nor the threads in here concerning my views. I merely defended my views.

Calvin is a local here in Dallas, he's actually a really great guy, I have met him on several occasions and since it's a fighting website not a puzzle site. When people started saying how they wanted to fight me, I told them I was him.

So what. You are judging me and condemning me and you don't even know me. Would you like to google me some more? Maybe zillow my house? Look at my baby pictures? You should be banned for trying to dig into someone's life from the forum. I'm sure if I did the same thing to one of the members here I would be banned instantly.

You are out of line and need to take your post down and give a formal apology.

And honestly, I don't care what you dig up, because unlike you, I'm not on the net surfing gay porn. I'm have debates with idiots that don't have a clue.

This is off-topic and since I didn't start a thread here I can say whatever I wish, especially if you can go and post things to try to defame my character.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:34 pm
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
At first I thought that Shawn was just posing as a true believer of Creatism. That his only goal was to annoy people. Then of course the only thing you can do is just "don't feed the troll", as Stefan already proposed. So I was just hoping for people to ignore the thread.

But I noticed that Shawn has been discussing this topic on other places as well. So I guess it's not just an act. Still, Shawn has been acting nothing short of a troll.

If you look at his profile on sherdog.net, you'll see that he has been banned there. I think that this is because of the way he has been discussing the same topics.
Here's a quote: "Xguy was a liar. The mods as well as other posters who took the time to do some brief background checks confirmed this. He constantly lied about his identity. His knowledge of scripture was certainly impressive though. His ability to take things out of context whether they were scientific or scriptural was equally impressive, considering it was always deliberate."

And as we speak he is also trolling the Spirituality and Philosophy section of the Ninjashoes.net forum (as except68).
Quote: "yea, i've seen a bunch of his threads on sherdog. pretty famous troll."

If people want to discuss religion or even Creatism in the off-topic section of a twisty puzzle forum, I guess that's just fine. But don't do it with Shawn Dayton. It's slowly killing this forum. Give it a rest.

Thomas

Edit: I didn't post this to bash Shawn Dayton. I'm merely hoping that people realise it's not much use arguing with him about religion. I plan to remove this post in a while, when things have cooled down.

_________________
Image
My mods | My other hobby: www.unused-prince-tickets.com


Last edited by Thomas on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
rubiksfriend wrote:
Quoting "information" (biased interpretation of facts and data) from a pro-creation site does not constitute evidence.


Neither do your views, just because they are your views doesn't mean they are correct by any stretch.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 am
Quoting "information" (biased interpretation of facts and data) from a pro-creation site does not constitute evidence.

_________________
Square-1: 46.95 avg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Rubik's cube

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
S.Rubiks wrote:
I guess only the Christians can play by the rules and have to be nice all the time.


LOL

YOu think you're bing nice? YOu seriously do? You're a freaking idiot.

Quote:
You come into my house (pm box) and start to poke fun at me, believe me, I'm from Texas, if someone comes on your property, you can shoot them. That's just what I did. I shot you. Don't tread on me.


1. Your PM box isn't your house.
2. If you can shoot people if they come on your property in Texas, then Texans are stupid
3. Calling someone "phag" only shows just how pathetic you are.

Quote:
I'm just in here sparring for the point of sparring.


This was supposed to be a debate, not a flame war caused by you.

Quote:
There are no language-less societies. In fact studies were done with babies to never speak to them or around them to see what language they would pick up. Well the experiment never worked, because they all died in less than a year. I guess that alone disproves anything to do with evolution. Means we need love, nurturing, and human contact and communication. Which says there is much more to us than our flesh.


Do you (usually) see mammals in nature abandon their offspring? Evolution causes us, not for the survival of the individual, but the survival of the species. Abandoning your off spring does directly against what evolution gives us; instinct to help on another. People abandoning their children is not a good way for a species to go, and so we don't. I would also like to see WHERE you found this "study"

Quote:
I'm sorry but evolution offers nothing for anyone


Understanding of our origins
Understanding of deadly diseases which can adapt to anti-biotics


And does and understanding of gravity offer anything for anyone? No. Gravity just is, we don't need to know it exists. This does not weaken evolutionary theory, I just see it as you cannot refute anything we've said, so now you rely on ad-hominem attacks, calling people phags, "scientific studies which don't even exist, assumptions, false conclusions, and breaking all logic.

Quote:
You have no leg to stand on with this theory.


Get some f-ing evidence. Got some evideence for a flood. Get some evidence for a 6K year old earth. Until then, I'm not going to debate you. YOu've dumbed down to pathetic levels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:

S (PM) - You're a phag and your mods suck. Maybe you have pink unicorns that "visit" you at night; either way, you haven't a clue, so stop bothering the adults and go twist some plastic toys.



S.Rubiks wrote:
It certainly would be much easier to flood a single land mass than multiple like we have today. Also there was an additional movement of continents "in the days of Peleg" People were divided up from the tower of Babel. Where all or most of the main languages came from. pretty amazing if you ask me that so many things are well explained in the Word of God to us that mesh up well with today. There are no language-less societies. In fact studies were done with babies to never speak to them or around them to see what language they would pick up. Well the experiment never worked, because they all died in less than a year. I guess that alone disproves anything to do with evolution. Means we need love, nurturing, and human contact and communication. Which says there is much more to us than our flesh. I'm sorry but evolution offers nothing for anyone. You have no leg to stand on with this theory.


http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZaWG9ciGsWo&watch_response

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/avenueq14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
+1

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Draconic wrote:
Quote:
Caused by the flood.


Bahahah!!

You actually think gigantic pieces of land can be moved in mere weeks?

Quote:
That's really cool because once again... I win!


No you don't, you're just lying in the name of Jesus, and ignoring contradicting evidence.

ON a more serious note...

Quote:
Consider this my last post on the Twisty Puzzles forum. It was fun, until people like Shawn came.


I hardly knew you. :cry:

http://www.lewislink.com/cuberecord/ Amazing stuff. I hope I can get in the sub-20's sooner or later.


Ha ha... yeah I do! Something like that happening would surely cause a huge tidal wave. Maybe even flood the whole land mass. It certainly would be much easier to flood a single land mass than multiple like we have today. Also there was an additional movement of continents "in the days of Peleg" People were divided up from the tower of Babel. Where all or most of the main languages came from. pretty amazing if you ask me that so many things are well explained in the Word of God to us that mesh up well with today. There are no language-less societies. In fact studies were done with babies to never speak to them or around them to see what language they would pick up. Well the experiment never worked, because they all died in less than a year. I guess that alone disproves anything to do with evolution. Means we need love, nurturing, and human contact and communication. Which says there is much more to us than our flesh. I'm sorry but evolution offers nothing for anyone. You have no leg to stand on with this theory.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Quinn Lewis wrote:
Quinn Lewis wrote:
Everyone, I'd like to show you something.

After being logical, mature, rational, and even apologetic towards S.Rubiks for the people trying to change his views, this happens. I will paraphrase his PMs (according to the forum rules) by correcting/respelling.

Q - In addition, I just saw a pink unicorn. Since I wrote that down, it's been observed and is therefor true. Is it? No one will ever know but the people (in this case, me) who observed it. Since you personally didn't, you have no room to speculate. All you can do is learn from their accounts.

S - Atheists love their pink unicorns. They bring them up all the time when speaking to Christians.

Q (PM) - Christians love their God. They bring them up all the time when speaking to Atheists.

S (PM) - He's your God, too. He loves you just the same as he does me.

Q (PM) - As is the pink unicorn. He loves you as much as God does.

S (PM) - You're a phag and your mods suck. Maybe you have pink unicorns that "visit" you at night; either way, you haven't a clue, so stop bothering the adults and go twist some plastic toys.

What kind of person touts themselves as a man of God, then says things like this? Someone who completely misunderstands the fundamental guiding principles and enlightening foundation of his own "religion". I'm POSITIVE, just from your petty little insults, that you live in a world of your own sin. If your delusion of a belief system is true, I hope you burn in hell.

By the way, Shawn, you know nothing about me. I'm a world-class musician pursuing a double major in Music Education and Saxophone performance at the prestigious Eastman School of Music. I'm 20 years old and I'm going to bring the world many great things in the future - whether it be educating the youth with the joys of music, or playing professionally, entertaining the masses. I have a very bright future ahead of me.

Unlike you. I don't know your educational background, but as an older adult, you sure have a lot of free time to be bashing younger, better people than you on a Rubik's Cube forum. I'll bet all you have is your own hallucinations of Jesus and your puzzle collection (bought by money you inherited) to live for. That and the sadistic joy you get from the reactions of belittling brilliant people over the internet, of course. You're not only a sorry excuse for a Christian, you're a sorry excuse for a human.

I hope you get a good laugh out of this Shawn. After your chuckle, you can get back to your lonely, meaningless, joyless, unproductive world of hate. Again, giving Christianity the benefit of the doubt, I hope you burn for eternity.

Consider this my last post on the Twisty Puzzles forum. It was fun, until people like Shawn came.

-Quinn Elliott Lewis


Hello Pot, meet kettle.

I know this much about you, you are a selfish twit that can dish it out in my PM box and cannot take it right back without gettin your panties in a bunch.

It's ashame you do not recognize the great gifts that God has bestow upon you for His good purpose. As I mentioned elsewhere, anytime the Atheist insults the Christian and they defend themselves by giving it right back, the atheist gets their little feelings hurt, then say exactly what Quinn said "I hope you burn in hell" was kind of strong, or "Would Jesus be happy" or "Some Christian you are". I guess only the Christians can play by the rules and have to be nice all the time. I think you are mistaken on so many levels. One is I have a life, I'm not Christ. I have a job with stresses, as well as morals and beliefs just like you do. You come into my house (pm box) and start to poke fun at me, believe me, I'm from Texas, if someone comes on your property, you can shoot them. That's just what I did. I shot you. Don't tread on me.

For what it's worth, I apologize to you for this and the previous things stated to you. Hopefully you will continue with that which you love doing. Unlike you, I would never wish you cut one of your fingers off while making a custom rubik's cube or hope that you burn in hell. I'm just in here sparring for the point of sparring.

_________________
Torturing the puzzling community for 2 years [and finally terminated by the same - moderator].~ Happy 2 year anniversary!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Religion and Cubers (Or any other puzzlers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:58 am
Quote:
Caused by the flood.


Bahahah!!

You actually think gigantic pieces of land can be moved in mere weeks?

Quote:
That's really cool because once again... I win!


No you don't, you're just lying in the name of Jesus, and ignoring contradicting evidence.

ON a more serious note...

Quote:
Consider this my last post on the Twisty Puzzles forum. It was fun, until people like Shawn came.


I hardly knew you. :cry:

http://www.lewislink.com/cuberecord/ Amazing stuff. I hope I can get in the sub-20's sooner or later.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1030 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group