Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Greece in the final of Basketball World Cup!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:56 am 

Well... after winning the Football Euro Championship in 2004, it seems the basketball boys want to do even better LOL

I still can't believe it that we actually beat the USA NBA star team, but I love it!!!
It was an exciting game and now my throat is really sore from cheering! :oops:

News article here:
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/09/01 ... index.html

The other team in the final will be either Spain or Argentina.
Go Spain!!! LOL

:P

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:22 pm 

yeah congratulations Peter. It was rough, I woke up at 3:30 am everyday there was a game, and was finally disappointed.

Hellas killed us with the high pick and roll, we took too long to adjust, plus it seems like no shots would fall for us.

It just goes to show that basketball is a TEAM game, although team USA did pretty good for only being a "team" for a few weeks.

On the bright side, Carmelo Anthony looked amazing and he plays on MY Denver Nuggets of the NBA. Hopefully he'll continue his domination when the NBA season starts here real soon.

Man what is up with "Baby Shaq" Schortsenitis (sp?)? He's only 21? Wow watch out when the Clippers get him on their team.

Well the reamining two games should be great, I wish USA was playing on Sunday though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:45 pm 

Thanks for your kind words Mike! :)

The game would never be as attractive if both teams did not attack!
I cannot remember the last time any team scored 95 points vs Greece! LOL
And Spanoulis... this guy should be arrested with all those 3 point bombs LOL

You are absolutely right about the teamwork. Greece has been playing as a unit for a long time already. Regarding Baby Shaq (LOL), he plays for my favourite team (Olympiakos) and has father from Greece and mother from Cameroon. He used to be very temperamental player when playing for Aris Salonica, but has matured and improved much more than I could possibly hope for! He could definitely fit in the NBA, but still got three years contract with Olymnpiakos! ;)

And I'll be honest, I did not expect Greece to win, because USA *did* look improved compared to the last two FIBA tournaments.

Now Greece faces Spain who lost (because of injury) one of their best players. Of course, this is a final, and anything can happen!!!

Pantazis

PS By the way, thanks for the bonus stickers, have already made a maze cube LOL :D

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:06 pm 

See you on the finals Pantazis!

:lol: hehehehe :lol:

:):):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:34 am 

It looks like HELLAS taught team USA a lesson. Argentina tried the same pick and roll strategy that worked so well for Greece and USA noticed it immediately and would switch defenders and stop the play.

I'm sorry David, I'm going to have to root for Greece in the Gold medal game. It's not so bad to lose to the #1 team which Greece will be if they beat Spain.

I bet that will be one heck of a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:34 am 

Congratulations to Spain!!!!!

They deserved to win the final as they had a great game. Navarro's three point bombs did the damage this time.

Greece had blanked out, the player's mind seemed to be without any trace of concentration this time. Maybe because after beating USA and knowing that Spain's best player wouldn't play, we thought it would a walk in the park.

Well, it wasn't.

And Spain showed that they are also such a great team and punished us!
Saludos David!!! :)

Pantazis

PS And my throat is sore again because of secreaming LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:58 pm 

Yes, I (honestly) can't believe how much the world has stepped up in the past few years.

Thank you, the rest of the world for reminding the american players that fundamentals are the most important part of the game! Although the international rules are a little different from the NBA, it's enough to help reenforce those fundamentals. I think they should move the international 3-point line a yard/meter farther from the hoop though. Then we'd see what's up.

Congratulations to you and your brother David! Enjoy it while you can :wink:

Oh yeah I found this, I love to watch this guy play!
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 904w3.html