Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: carom billiards
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:56 pm 

Does anyone know of any good free online sites that has carom billiards?

I'm looking for a program that I can play on my computer. Howevever, if you do really recommend a payed program, let me know to, but I would prefer a free version :)

BTW - Carom is the older game of pool aka 'billiards' - bigger table and, no pockets, mainly 3 balls but can be played with 5.

Thanks,

reeeech

Post subject: Re: carom billiards
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:02 pm 

reeeech wrote:

BTW - Carom is the older game of pool aka 'billiards' - bigger table and, no pockets, mainly 3 balls but can be played with 5.

Thanks,

reeeech

Finally! someone who knows what real billiards is, I always get laughed at because I claim billiards is played on a table with no pockets, but everyone complains saying it is played on a snooker table....

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject: Re: carom billiards
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:24 pm 

Pembo wrote:
Finally! someone who knows what real billiards is, I always get laughed at because I claim billiards is played on a table with no pockets, but everyone complains saying it is played on a snooker table....

haha, yes i do know the difference :) but i'm not saying i know how to play it well, or anything at all lol.

i don't know anyone else who plays this game, and i don't feel 'up' to challenging any of the players at the tables as i need lots of practice.... so i'd rather play online :) working with angles is alot easier on a screen hehe

i love the movie The Hustler, with Paul Newman... it really sparked my interest many years ago. so i've always wanted to 'learn' this game.

I respect snooker, but like billiards, i don't know anyone who plays it.

So my game at the tables were 9 ball and Straight. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:49 pm 

Personally I play UK Bar Pool rules, the 6x3 tables i think it is....but I am also moving into snooker too, as I my dad's new local only has a snooker table in it, mind you, not to brag or anything, I am quitw good when it comes to pool, I can beat everyone in my dad's pool team, and they are top of the league. 8-)

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);