Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unicycle
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:53 am 

I just bought an offroad style Unicycle, and desperately want to learn how to ride it. I'm having a bit of trouble free-mounting and finding my balance point. Does anyone have any suggestions? I somehow think one of you must be able to ride a unicycle... :)

See? It's not so hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:26 am 

Trev,

I had a friend long ago who could do the uni... but alas my friend... I could only get a few feet.... sorry I can't help. Just keep at it...

_pink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:44 am 

My brother was teaching me to ride one over the summer. It takes a lot of practice. I could never do it for more than a second and i fell many times. (My brother picked it up very quickly though).
Lets see if I can remember this... when mounting, if you are right handed, you want to have your right foot on the right peddle in such a way that the peddle is roughly paralel to the ground and in back, then you swing your left foot over to the left peddle in a motion like you are peddling with both feet, this way you keep moving. You also have to make a very conscience effort of not leaning too far forward or too far backward.

One thing I think I can't get over is that you always have to peddle or you stop, unlike a bicycle.

good luck, and I'm sure there are better resources on the web somewhere.

-d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:11 pm 

Anybody owns a recumbent trikes? Like the one on this page: http://www.icehouse.net/jim_d/gifs/33bch.jpg ? I first saw and rode them back in 1985, but never came close to own one of this kind, for different reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:24 am 

Aleksey wrote:
Anybody owns a recumbent trikes? Like the one on this page: http://www.icehouse.net/jim_d/gifs/33bch.jpg ? I first saw and rode them back in 1985, but never came close to own one of this kind, for different reasons.

I don't own one but that would be really great for me :D to get around because of my bad balance and thats why I can't ride bikes at all :cry: . I wish I new about these things 20 years ago. Dorn!!!!!! :cry: