Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: [FOUND] A special Video game console...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:27 am 

So I'm going to go out on a limb here, and ask the forum if anyone has a "Net Yaroze" for sale. This is a wikipedia entry about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Yaroze.

The ones currently on ebay are too high priced for my budget (400-600 USD), and I'm looking for a complete set, with the manuals, CDs and memory cards for development, cables and components, Controllers and Console, and especially the serial cable.

I wanted to get this for christmas, knowing the price would be steep, but I'm looking for something around the 200 USD range.

And to be sure this doesn't get confused with the Blue Debug Console, this one is a Matte Black one, model "DTL-H3000"

If anyone has this and can part with it around my target price, I'd be very grateful. PM me if you can help me with this.

And I know this doesn't really belong on Marketplace, so I posted it in Off Topic to hopefully not cause problems.

Last edited by NXTgen on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Wanted to buy a special Video game console...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:36 am 

I can't help you with the hardware but if you're interested in programming or debugging for the Playstation, I'd suggest software emulation. You actually get much better control over things via emulators.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:51 am 

Thanks Brandon for the input, but I have been looking for this console for a bit. And my main reasons are 1) It isn't the usual console that a lot have owned, 2) It performs much better (in my opinion) than emulation, 3) it doesn't feel the same using an emulation to test something.

I don't condone piracy, nor am I recommending it, but it means much more to me to play on a console rather than a Computer. And while emulation may be easiest, the hardware is what I'm most interested in. The Net Yaroze was only available online (the timing for this was pretty weird too) and was a chance to get involved with game design and the challenges one can come by if one is to test things with limited hardware to play it.

Don't get me wrong, the Blue Debug PS1 is much more amazing of a story if you own one, but the main reason for this black one is to get more involved with things, and have a (hopefully) fun and knowledgeable time creating something of my own.

I am not much of a person to be interested in this sort of stuff, but growing up with this sure made me want to get involved with it. It's not so much that I want it to have fun, but I want the experience to come with it as well.

The programming portion and the hardware needed isn't that big of a problem, it's the actual testing to see how well I can apply myself that makes it worth it.

(For the record, I own a lot of PS1 games, and they are too damaged to play, so emulation is my best option. But if you don't own the game, don't download it)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:36 am 

Woah, that takes me back. I was a PS1 programmer 15 years ago. :)
Ours was blue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:56 pm 

Still looking for this. Another note I'd like to add is that I'm looking for an NTSC-U version. Searching deep into things showed nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:04 am 

Wow I haven't heard of "Net Yaroze" for a lifetime, I was a little kid. I used to love those games because they would come free on a play station Magazine demo disc. I remember a very trippy bubble popper and a 3D 1st person shooter in a dungeon of sorts.

memories!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm 

Well, I found one and a bonus Jade coloured debugger as well!! I pulled out some extra money, as tough as it was, but am glad to have gotten them both.

It may not have all the items I wanted, but I'm sure I can pick them up along the way.

Net Yaroze DTL-H3000 & Debugging Station DTL-H1200 are the models. I'm quite happy with this, and will surely make something for these!