Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Inbetweeners Movie (and US Series)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 am 

Hey all,

I just got back from the cinema after watching The Inbetweeners Movie, and I can safely say it's the greatest film I've ever seen. It's extremely rude, but it's extremely funny. I was curious about others who have seen the movie (right now probably just the English members) what they thought of the film. It's certainly worth checking out, and especially the TV series, which you can watch on YouTube.

Also, what do people think about making the US version of The Inbetweeners series? I personally think it will be terrible, like how they made the US version of Shameless. I really hope they don't destroy the reputation of such a wonderful TV series and movie.

Luke :)

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

Post subject: Re: The Inbetweeners Movie (and US Series)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:16 am 

I am a massive fan of the series, and have the box set.
However I haven't seen the film yet, where I live it seems to be fully booked :(

Not in a nasty way but the British series don't do well when Americanised, for example Shameless and even TopGear.

Robert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:23 am 

I think what annoys me the most is how Americans can't seem to accept our kind of comedy and always have to make there own version. The fact is that these shows work well because they need to be English. For example, Shameless' characters are chavvy and rough, where as America doesn't even have chavs (well, not like our kind anyway). And it will be the same for The Inbetweeners. I wish they would just show the original English series, and if they have the money to pay for an American version, give us the money to make more episodes!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:11 pm 

Inbetweeners is great- I haven't seen the film yet but really want to! By sister said it was easily the funniest film she's seen for a long time- but not the type of film you would want to watch with, say, your own mother. I can't imagine why... :wink:

On a related note- Law and Order is an american series. Has anyone watched Law and Order UK? Its just.... oh dear.
I just don't know why they make transatlantic versions of perfectly good shows. Just name me a single one that is good- I dare you :lol: .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:14 pm 

My parents wanted to watch it with me. They absolutely love the show. I said it was best if they didn't. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:40 pm 

I havn't heard of The Inbetweeners Movie, but the American version of The Office is a great adaptation of the UK version.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm 

I want to watch The Inbetweeners, but it is unavailable to me here in the US. :( Except maybe by torrent? I don't want to take the time to find it. I think I watched the whole first series that someone posted on YouTube, but it may have gotten taken down.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:18 am 

Watched the film yesterday, and all I can say is it surpassed all expectations. :D
Absolutely brilliant and a fitting end to a great series.

Robert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:50 pm 

Luke wrote:
I think what annoys me the most is how Americans can't seem to accept our kind of comedy and always have to make there own version. The fact is that these shows work well because they need to be English.

I think it works both ways. US shows I love never convert to England and English shows I love never convert to USA.
You can't really say the Americans can't accept our kind of comedy because I thought they loved stuff like the original Fawlty Towers and Benny Hill. It's only a few crazy producers (on both sides of the pond) who think it would be better to do a local version of unbeatable classics.