Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It's Good To Be Back
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:43 pm 

Well despite departing about a year or so ago, when cleaning my room, I found all my puzzles and started to play around with them again. Little did I know that this would bring me back here :lol: So it's good to be back, and hopefully I haven't missed too much. If anything radical or groundbreaking has taken place in my absence, I'd love to hear about it :D

Thanks!

Im With Frank!

Post subject: Re: It's Good To Be Back
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:48 pm 

one year? wow there has happened alot!
go look for youself :)

My puzzles in the Museum
My Website
My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:02 pm 

Location: The land of dreams, coincedentally located in Alberta
GuitarSD wrote:
Well despite departing about a year or so ago, when cleaning my room, I found all my puzzles and started to play around with them again. Little did I know that this would bring me back here :lol: So it's good to be back, and hopefully I haven't missed too much. If anything radical or groundbreaking has taken place in my absence, I'd love to hear about it :D

Thanks!

Just look at the first few rows of puzzles on this page. And that's just the mass-produced stuff :o

So, you've missed a ton of little things, but I don't think anything really exciting has happened (at least, nothing as revolutionary as the 17x17x17 or Petaminx AFAIK). Although this is a completely new idea and it has a really cool concept behind it.

And if you're asking "why is the guy who joined a month ago acting all experienced" it's because I'm a fast reader and I've lurked quite a bit, so basically I've spent the last 3 months constantly browsing new puzzles... this site IS my social life now :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:19 pm 

GoombaGeek wrote:
Just look at the first few rows of puzzles on this page.... Although this is...

In addition if you haven't already checked the custom puzzle lists you may find several new attractive customs (or that the rate of new puzzles has been going up!). Much to say about custom puzzles but you can see for yourself if you're interested.

Feliks Zemdegs broke his previous four records with a sub-6. He did it on the DaYan 5, and yes, DaYan 5 really proved that it is in fact possible to make the 3x3x3 faster than it was.

MF8 Legend released and I love it more than my Gu Hong. MF8 is also working on getting a new legitimate 6x6x6 without V-Cube mechanism. The Helicopter Dodecahedron is mass-produced by MF8.

More puzzles being knocked off. But I think the KO companies like this method. They knock off a puzzle, people buy. Meffert buys those puzzles in bulk and sells them with the inventor's name. So, the KO companies just end up selling more puzzles.