Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: User Feedback: Dlitwin
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:35 am 

AWEOMSE is all I can say.
I don't know about this forum, but on other forums where we do trades and such, I'll usually post feedback about them to let other users know my experiences and such so if someone else wants to deal with this person, they have a point of reference.

Anyway, the trade was for 3 5x5x5 ES and 1 4x4x4 ES for 3 Square 1's (All original)

Well Dlitwin was very very friendly, his shipping was much faster than mine unfortunately, but mine did get there so that was good... Packaging was excellent and all of the cubes arrived to me intact and mint condition, with a little suprise! He sent me a mini-truncated cube! It's cool - I don't have any custom puzzles, so that was awesome to me - I mixed it up and put it on my shelf, so everyone can be like "Ohhh, Ahhh!!" lol

Anyway, awesome guy to deal with, great trade, awesome product *just as described* and great overall experience :-)

PB Time 2x2x2 - 7x7x7: 6.08, 14.76, 1:31.47, 2:18.09, 5:32.28, 7:44.81
PB Average 3x3x3 Average: 19.46 (of 5)
Started speedcubing: Aug 15th, 2006

Post subject: Re: User Feedback: Dlitwin
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:04 am 

enigmahack wrote:
AWEOMSE is all I can say.
I don't know about this forum, but on other forums where we do trades and such, I'll usually post feedback about them to let other users know my experiences and such so if someone else wants to deal with this person, they have a point of reference.

Anyway, the trade was for 3 5x5x5 ES and 1 4x4x4 ES for 3 Square 1's (All original)

Well Dlitwin was very very friendly, his shipping was much faster than mine unfortunately, but mine did get there so that was good... Packaging was excellent and all of the cubes arrived to me intact and mint condition, with a little suprise! He sent me a mini-truncated cube! It's cool - I don't have any custom puzzles, so that was awesome to me - I mixed it up and put it on my shelf, so everyone can be like "Ohhh, Ahhh!!" lol

Anyway, awesome guy to deal with, great trade, awesome product *just as described* and great overall experience :-)

Well, as many of you already know, I just got a Dino Cube from Dave (dlitwin). He is simply awesome. We chatted and learned a lot more for each other during this trade. And I am 100% sure that one day our paths will cross and we will chat even more!

It is always nice to know others who had similar experiences with me.

Generally speaking, trading with people in this forum has always been a breeze.

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:51 pm 

I've bought one of his Masterballs recently.

11/10.

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:04 pm 

I had a dealing with David as well, and it was just great! Hey, David, I wish I knew you would be willing to dish out a Dino cube! :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:43 pm 

Who says you can't buy friends? ;)

Seriously, perhaps you can change the title to remove my handle and make this into a generic seller/buyer feedback thread. That way if you want to do a transaction there is one place you can go to check someone's reputation.

enigmahack wrote:

...with a little suprise! He sent me a mini-truncated cube! It's cool - I don't have any custom puzzles, so that was awesome to me - I mixed it up and put it on my shelf, so everyone can be like "Ohhh, Ahhh!!" lol

All right, to be fair it wasn't a custom puzzle, just a mini-cube sized Octagonal Prism (http://twistypuzzles.com/cgi-bin/puzzle.cgi?pid=457). I won an auction of 8 of them a bit back for cheap ($1-$2 each?). It seemed like a nice thing to throw in, and when I realized your ES4x4x4 as well as one of your ES5x5x5s had Cubesmith tiles *as well as* your adding a spare set of 5x5x5 Cubesmith tiles to the package, I'm glad I added something extra.

Let me return the favor and say Mr. Enigmahack quite undersold his items, packed well and was quite pleasant to deal with.

Dave

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:51 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:
Well, as many of you already know, I just got a Dino Cube from Dave (dlitwin).

For those who haven't already figured it out, Pantazis is a very nice guy and was quite flexible about choosing a form of payment that minimized fees on both of our sides (in this case PayPal was better than a bank transfer, although he was nice enough to look into that option).

I look forward to buying his custom Magic puzzles once the patent issues are resolves and he offers them to us. I recommend you do the same. In fact, buy 10 of every version he offers :)

Dave

Last edited by DLitwin on Thu May 31, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:53 pm 

Noah wrote:
I've bought one of his Masterballs recently.
11/10.

Noah was a great customer and was nice enough to send me a check instead of PayPal, which saved me some fees. I'd sell him a masterball anytime (and I've got two more if he wants) :)

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:14 pm 

Aleksey wrote:
I had a dealing with David as well, and it was just great! Hey, David, I wish I knew you would be willing to dish out a Dino cube! :oops:

Yes, I was happy the Hello Kitty ball found a good home. For the feedback record, Aleksey offered me a range of puzzles in trade, and I was happy to accept a set that added nicely to my collection. Shipping was fast and packing was great. In fact I used the box he sent them in to send the Dino to Pantazis. How is that for recycling! I'd trade again with Aleksey anytime, and given his huge collection there is a decent chance I will one day.

As to the Dino, I guess it was clear how much Pantazis *really* wanted one, and I was looking to generate some funds for another purchase. I suppose I could have gambled on ebay (we'll see if pelley's sale price make me cry!) but I was happy to find it a good home at a price we both felt good about.

Next time I happen upon a Dino to sell I'll have to keep you in mind Aleksey :)

Dave

Last edited by DLitwin on Thu May 31, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:19 pm 

Some months ago I traded my Square-2 (my avatar) to Geert Hellings. who offered me two great puzzles in exchange. He even threw in two mini-Pyramorphix as a surprise (now enigmahack knows I am but a copy cat on this idea). Packing and shipping were great.
I'd trade with him again anytime (in fact, perhaps soon) and would recommend him to anyone.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 pm 

I could have sworn there was a thread like this before. But I can't seem to find it.

I've traded with Mike Grimsley, Frank, Sandy, S.Rubiks, and have pending transitions with Frank (yup, again. It was good trading with him the first time, I took that into account when trading again) and Puzzlemaster42.

Of course, I've also bought from Dodd and Darren, and they were both good.

There's a few more I've traded with, but I just can't recall them now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:49 pm 

Bryan wrote:
I could have sworn there was a thread like this before. But I can't seem to find it.

viewtopic.php?t=4591&highlight=mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:51 pm 

i traded with Dave as well, but my trade was $ for stickers :D he paid very fast as i made the stickers in a short notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:55 pm 
dlitwin wrote:
Some months ago I traded my Square-2 (my avatar) to Geert Hellings.
Dave

a little off topic, but does that cube have any corners?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:44 pm 

Think of it as 12 edges on each layer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:18 pm 
Swordsman Kirby wrote:
Think of it as 12 edges on each layer.

i thought so. how tough was it to make?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 pm 

dlitwin wrote:
I look forward to buying his custom Magic puzzles once the patent issues are resolves and he offers them to us. I recommend you do the same. In fact, buy 10 of every version he offers :)

Yes, yes, please everyone, you must all follow Dave's advice LOL :P :P :P

Kidding aside, regarding the patent and the corresponding puzzle, things go slow, but they *do* progress. It is the fees that really hurt... *ouch*!!!

Aleksey wrote:

Aleksey, don't you have a Dino Cube yet? *confused* LOL

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:32 am 

Sooo...

After seeing the square 2 in your avatar... and yes I've seen it before as well... Now I want it. Badly.

I must have it. How can I obtain it? lol

PB Time 2x2x2 - 7x7x7: 6.08, 14.76, 1:31.47, 2:18.09, 5:32.28, 7:44.81
PB Average 3x3x3 Average: 19.46 (of 5)
Started speedcubing: Aug 15th, 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:04 am 

Adam Zamora wrote:
i traded with Dave as well, but my trade was $ for stickers :D he paid very fast as i made the stickers in a short notice.

I've mentioned already in the rubikcubism thread (http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6247), Adam is a sticker cutting Demigod. Buy his stickers and pay him more than he asks.

Also, I've bought stickers from Hidetoshi and I plan on buying more (and not just stickers) in the future.

If you want something Cubesmith doesn't make (custom), these guys do great work and are quite generous.

EDIT: I've also bought stickers from nytelyte (the brushed aluminum are very nice). Living only an hour away, the mail took just one day :)

Dave

Last edited by DLitwin on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:36 am 

emr1028 wrote:
how tough was it to make?

Depending on how well you want to finish it, it can be easy or hard.

Although I believe I was the first (1993?), a few people have made them.
Check out this thread: http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2229&highlight=zodiac for more details.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:47 am 

enigmahack wrote:
Sooo...

After seeing the square 2 in your avatar... and yes I've seen it before as well... Now I want it. Badly.

I must have it. How can I obtain it? lol

I have made only two, and the first was my prototype. It is just cut, not finished, and in pretty rough shape. The second I traded to Geert Hellings.
You may wonder why I had so many extra Square-1's to trade to you. They have been sitting in pieces for 14 years waiting for me to have the time to make more Square-2s :)
If I ever do get time to make these again, I'll be sure to let the list know.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:50 am 

Hi!
I have bought an item off Adam Zamora and he is highly recommended! It came quickly and was well packaged. I have also traded with Rich (Puck puzzles), and he was great. I'm currently trading with Joe Schmoe and he has kept me up to date with whats been going on. Oh, I nearly forgot Hidetoshi, he was a great seller.

Many Thanks

Joe Wallace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:02 am 

Thanks for the kind words.
I have exchanged puzzles with many people on this Forum in the meantime, via e-mail, in person via the Cube Days and via personal visits.
I have never been disappointed and I have the feeling that that is generally the case for everyone on this Forum.
In fact, that is one of the nice things about it; it is a community of people sharing not only a mutual interest and passion but also friendship. The fact that people are participating from all over the world adds to this.

Apart from the fact that I am glad that I have been able to exchange/trade some puzzles in this way, the exchanges also add a personal aspect to the puzzle. That applies both for special modifications as well as for production puzzles.
Basically for all of my puzzles, I will be able to remember where, when and how I obtained those.
For all the puzzles that I received via friends of this Forum it means that I am not only glad to have the puzzle but also glad about the individual, personal story behind it. The puzzles are not ‘anonymous’ to me. That adds to the value of the puzzles for me, not so much in ‘financial’ terms, but in terms of the personal, emotional value they bring in that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:25 pm 

Ed's Think Shop

Incredible service on everything! I recieved my goodies just 2 days after ordering! He also sent me a very fast email noting that the white DIY cubes were out of stock. I reccomend him 100%! Great packaging, nothing was missing. 11/10, hands down.