Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hexagonal Dipyramid 5x5x5 $90
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 pm 

Price: $90 USD

(out dated)

Hello Everybody!

Today I would like to set up a new style of auction called a Dutch Auction.
This idea was set forth by Tony Fisher however, it has yet to be set in motion.

Today I would like to be the first here to try a Dutch Auction. I have up to auction a 5x5x5 (Rubik's Brand) Hexagonal Dipyramid.

The puzzle:

This puzzle was made near the end of last year. It uses machine cut stickers from Dr. Sticker. The puzzle requires a bit of careful alignment or else the puzzle will snag. In my video I demonstrate both careful alignment and more of a speed unscramble. This puzzle is currently unsigned and I plan on signing it before I send it unless otherwise noted by the winner of this auction. If requested, the puzzle will come with a stand.

The Auction:

This auction will start Sunday morning, 02-06-11 at 12:01am Twisty Puzzle Time. The starting price is set at $200 usd. This price will be dropped $10 every 24 hours. (02-07-11 at 12:01 TP time = $190 usd, 02-08-11 at 12:01 TP time = $180 usd, etc.) I will try to update the price every morning around 8:30-9:00 here in this topic post. Payments are to be made through paypal. To place your winning bid and stop the auction, please send me a pm.

Shipping:

I offer free minimum domestic (US) shipping. The buyer will pay the difference for shipping to their respective locations. For international buyers, I recomend registering packages. Registered packages are much safer and arrive faster. Registration cost $11.50 usd. Packages will be shipped from U.S.P.S.

Video (Youtube)

Attachment:
WP_000133.jpg
WP_000133.jpg [ 111.37 KiB | Viewed 1667 times ]

Attachment:
WP_000137.jpg
WP_000137.jpg [ 130.96 KiB | Viewed 1667 times ]

Attachment:
WP_000144.jpg
WP_000144.jpg [ 156.4 KiB | Viewed 1667 times ]

For any questions or advice, please send me a pm.

Thanks,
Tanner Frisby

Auction has started,

Price: $90 USD

"I discovered the triangle one day while shaving. I trimmed my beard like the intersection of three circles and noticed how I could unfog a square in the bathroom mirror by rubbing my beard circularly against the glass."-Franz Reuleaux

Last edited by Steryne on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A new style of auction for a Hexagonal Dipyramid 5x5x5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:55 am 

The auction has now started.

"I discovered the triangle one day while shaving. I trimmed my beard like the intersection of three circles and noticed how I could unfog a square in the bathroom mirror by rubbing my beard circularly against the glass."-Franz Reuleaux

Post subject: Re: A new style of auction for a Hexagonal Dipyramid 5x5x5 $
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 am 

Well, 5 days have past. The price is currently at $150+Shipping

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:14 am 

I would like to remind everybody that the price doesn't change when I update the topic post, it udates 1 minute past midnight acording to the clock on Twisty Puzzles. I just can wake up at midnight every day. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 am 

Price is down to $100.

Post subject: Re: Hexagonal Dipyramid 5x5x5 $90
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 am 

Well, $90 was my minimum that I would feel comfortable selling this puzzle at. Not too great president for this auction style. If you are still interested in this puzzle, please pm me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 pm 

I was about to say. It seems like it was an awful lot of work that went into this puzzle for only $90.

Why don't you try putting it on eBay? It seems like your puzzles have done well there in the past. Plus, it might encourage people to up the price rather than do nothing and wait for it to fall.

Ben

In search of Erno Rubik signed cube.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:00 pm 

Thanks, I will consider it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:33 pm 

Some people may also be more comfortable buying something through ebay. You may wish to put it on ebay with a starting price of $90. Good luck selling this. It seems well made.