Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: White DoTS are available!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 am 

Despite many delays (mostly related to toy certifications of materials), we are now actually
launching the toy/puzzle White DoTS in many countries in the ASEAN region, and soon
in Europe and USA.

Attachment:
Shop_White_Dots.jpg
Shop_White_Dots.jpg [ 145.63 KiB | Viewed 588 times ]

The toy/puzzle is now available for sale on our website, and since it is targeted towards
the toy market (i.e. big numbers to be distributed) the price falls down very low,
and the puzzle is available for only US$14.95. But please note the postage, which is another $10.
(or just wait till it hits the shelves at a shop near you).

It can be a puzzle when required to create a specific sequence of dots, or it can be a game.
Last August we had many puzzles, but the highlight of all was the DoTS elimination competition.
Maybe at this stage the market is slow, but the once many countries recover from the crisis
there will be faster development of more puzzles. As stated before, we are going the safe-n-slow way. ;)

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXquOaHRWaM

Finally, regarding the competition winners, because of the late launch, it is not realistic to have
the puzzle box sheets sent to me to sign, especially as I am flying to Singapore next week.
As soon as I arrive, I will try to finalise the last prizes of the Speed-Cubedron comeptition.

:)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject: Re: White DoTS are available!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:18 pm 

Which stores will this be in in the U.S.? If there are none by me, I'll order one, otherwise I'll wait for it to be in the stores. There is just something really neat about buying a puzzle at a store when you know the person who developed it.

-d

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:29 pm 

darryl wrote:
There is just something really neat about buying a puzzle at a store when you know the person who developed it.

I completely hijacked a staff meeting not too long ago. A colleague brought me in a cubedron-classic maybe? can't remember which now. Anyway, he was so thrilled to be able to give me a puzzle I didn't have. (I graciously accepted it and oohed and ahhed over the puzzle) Then we got to talking about my collection so my webpage had to go on the board for all to see....To cut a long story short, it came out that not only did I have the puzzle that was just given to me, but that I was good friends with the inventor. All were dutifully impressed, and the meeting had to end because we were just too far off topic. :lol:

There are a few online shops that are selling the cubedrons-i would hazard to guess that they might sell the dots and that would mean cheaper shipping. Maybe Dr. Panda can shed some light on that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:44 pm 

katsmom wrote:
There are a few online shops that are selling the cubedrons-i would hazard to guess that they might sell the dots and that would mean cheaper shipping. Maybe Dr. Panda can shed some light on that.

Yeap, that can be a good call, but that needs to be confirmed too!
Darryl, I don't think they will be available fast enough in USA for Christmas
when it comes to shops. I fact, it might require a few months.

It is still a new concept which needs years and years to mature in people's minds
but we are prepared to wait for as long as it takes. I do not expect people to
suddenly go crazy about it in the beginning, but somewhere on the road, it will happen!
Afterall, it *has* that sparkle which can impress. :)

And Rox, lets plan to hijack more meetings! LOL

:lol:

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 pm 

So pantazis where wil u be staying? Anyway will comics connection sell them like the cubdron like u said it would be but I still cannot find it.any chance of bring anybody your cube to Singapore and meeting up with the cubers? :D

"Cheap cube is not great. Great cube is not cheap."

I'm with Frank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 pm 

RyanZ wrote:
So pantazis where wil u be staying? Anyway will comics connection sell them like the cubdron like u said it would be but I still cannot find it.any chance of bring anybody your cube to Singapore and meeting up with the cubers? :D

According to my sources, yes , they will be soon available in Comics Connection. ;)

Regarding the arrangement of a meeting, I think we should have some small puzzle meeting
(I will post an update at the Singapore forum).

This meeting won't be as big as the Puzzle Ninja Meeting (which will happen again in July 2010),
but I am sure we can have some fun!

As usual, if you need me to bring some nice puzzle(s), just let me know!

:)

Pantazis