Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Custom & rare puzzles for sale incl. Dogic & Nintendo Barrel
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 am 

Hello everyone,

I have six puzzles to offer for sale. This is my first time selling puzzles; I decided it would be a good idea to raise some extra cash while giving other puzzle enthusiasts a chance to enjoy some rare puzzles. I have been in the TP community for a few years now and I have proven myself to be reliable when buying puzzles from various members, so I hope that will assure you of my trustworthiness as a seller. Sorry that I am unable to make videos, but I hope the photos and descriptions give a fair reflection of what is on offer. I will accept offers by private message until the end of Friday, December 7th (midnight EST). For each puzzle where my reserve price is met I will try to send the puzzle on Saturday, December 8th.

2x2x4 by Tony Fisher

Attachment:
File comment: Tony Fisher 2x2x4
2x2x4.JPG
2x2x4.JPG [ 1.97 MiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

This is a fully-functional cuboid handmade puzzle with 34 mm size cubies, signed by the author. It has been jumbled and solved a few dozen times and has been been kept in mint condition. It turns beautifully, as one would expect. It is not suitable for speed-solving, but turns are smooth provided there is no misalignment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2x3x4 by Tony Fisher

Attachment:
File comment: Tony Fisher 2x3x4
2x3x4.JPG
2x3x4.JPG [ 1.97 MiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

Same size and condition as the 2x2x4 above.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4x4x5 by Jin H Kim

Attachment:
File comment: Jin H Kim 4x4x5
4x4x5.JPG
4x4x5.JPG [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

I believe this is one of only four or five 4x4x5 puzzles made by Jin Kim, who is currently an administrator here at TP. It was made ingeniously and painstakingly by hand from a 5x5x5 Eastsheen, and therefore has 15 mm size cubies. I have not played with a mass-produced 4x4x5 to make a direct comparison, but the turning of this custom puzzle is excellent, and probably superior to the mass-produced puzzle. The puzzle is in mint condition.

Curvy Copter II by Tom van Zanden

Attachment:
File comment: Curvy Copter II
Curvy Copter II.JPG
Curvy Copter II.JPG [ 1.97 MiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

Description here. The puzzle has been broken in nicely and turns as well as in Tom’s video.

Dogic by Uwe Mèffert

Attachment:
File comment: Dogic
Dogic.JPG
Dogic.JPG [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

Mine is the 12 color version and is in very good condition.

10 Billion Barrel by Nintendo

Attachment:
File comment: Nintendo Barrel
Nintendo Barrel.JPG
Nintendo Barrel.JPG [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

This is a sealed, unopened puzzle from 1980. The top of the puzzle is marked "©1980 BY Nintendo" and "PAT.PEND. MADE IN JAPAN", and the tape sealing the puzzle at the bottom is marked "Das 10 Milliarden-Ding von Bienengraeber, Hamburg". Mint condition and very rare.

Post subject: Re: Custom & rare puzzles for sale incl. Dogic & Nintendo Ba
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:46 pm 

I want the Curvy Copter 2 so much but there's no way I can afford it. :(

Post subject: Re: Custom & rare puzzles for sale incl. Dogic & Nintendo Ba
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:56 pm 

All puzzles have now been sold except for the 2x3x4 and Nintendo Barrel.