Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Triplex Leader Board
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:18 pm 

Everyone-

A couple weeks back I put Triplex on http://www.kidpaint.net because I was looking for some help solving it. Since then, several people asked me to put a leader board on the game so you can keep track of the solve times. I had never written a client/server application before and it took me a few weeks to puzzle it out. But Triplex now has a leader board.

It still takes me about 20 minutes to solve Triplex, so I couldn't really give it a good debugging. If anyone finds a bug in it OR has a suggestion to make it better, PLEASE post.

I plan to put more 'fluff' (animations and junk) in the game later. But, from what I'm hearing, I think I'll spend some time on making a Quadplex first. Doing that is actually easier than the fluff stuff anyway.

In the meantime, if you can 'break' Triplex OR hack the Leader Board. Let me know.

- george

Post subject: Re: Triplex Leader Board
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:49 pm 

Probably what I would say would be the best addition to Triplex is to make it so that a right-click will make a counter clockwise turn, such as on the gelatinbrain applet

Why does he always have the funny quotes? :lol:

Post subject: Re: Triplex Leader Board
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:49 pm 

Arch Wolf-

I agree with the 'right-click' suggestion. However, I wrote Triplex in AS3 (Flash) so, right-click is not an option for me.

When I get some time, I think I'll add the 'Click and Drag' user input. You know, where you click and hold on a circle then drag the mouse creating a virtual force vector that can rotate the circle around its center.

Ah.... the plans of mice and men....

- george