Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: MF8 new present: Legend(传奇)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 am 

Dummy Rox worked that out late last night. Thanks for all the help guys. Puzzle works fine now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 am 

Just got the Mf8 Legend.

My own youtube review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhdEtjgz9I
(Sorry for the horrible filming, etc. I basically took a regular webcam, and perched it on my shoulder, hence the horrible shots.)

Basically.
I love this cube. Compared to my Lubix GuHong Ultimate, it cuts much less than it can but at the same time is noticeably much faster. I personally love the Legend and will probably make it my main speedcube over both of my GuHongs (Lubix GuHong and stickerless GuHong).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 pm 

Why does people here worry that it could infringe the V-cube patent when it's obviously more similar to a Rubik's 4x4?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 am 

Ordered mine 2 nights ago for use in competition since my colored Guhong is "illegal". :( I didn't want to simply get a stickered Guhong and have my colored one just be a novelty, so I decided I'd take a gamble on the MF8 3x3. Of course I may find myself buying the DaYan Zhan Chi soon enough..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm 

Like for the corner cutting, if they would be "holes" like on the guhong, the corner cutting should be better right? Yea, there the haiyan memory mod that should maybe help. I don't understand why mf8 didn't tryed to do that,( if they didn't). Cause the first time i seen that cube first thing that i remarqued that there were no "holes".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:24 pm 

I tried one of these Saturday, and I REALLY liked it. :P However, a lot of people said they thought it was awful. It is a little small, but that's not too much of an issue for me. Corner cutting is pretty good, and it has a smooth, bubbly, F-II reminiscent feel to the exterior, yet it glides like an eastsheen.

PB: At home (In Competition)
2x2 1.xx (2.88)
3x3 11.xx (15.81)
4x4 1:18.26 (1:24.63)
5x5 (3:00.02)
6x6 4:26.05 (6:34.68)
7x7 6:38.74 (9:48.81)
OH (35.63)

Current Goals:
7x7 sub 6:30
4x4 sub 1:10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 pm 

Just received and assembled mine from the HK Now Store about an hour ago. Took roughly 1.5 weeks to ship to the Midwest US. As many people have stated before, the puzzle turns very quickly. It wasn't anything special until Lubix was applied, though. After that, I could easily perform a U2 in a single move with noticeably less force than my Guhong. The size difference that people keep mentioning isn't too noticeable. It feels about the same as an Alpha-V. The corner cutting isn't great if you're comparing it to the Guhong. I would say the corner cutting is equal to that of an Alpha-V, but it locks up instead of popping (like the Alpha-V) when the angle is too great. Overall I'll probably stick with my Guhong, but this cube has HUGE potential with people who perform their algorithms very cleanly and don't require much corner cutting.

If the Guhong is a 9/10, I'd give this a 7.5/10.