I have finished building it, to a state where it stands fully functional! it did not came out as good as I could hope for. I am not that of an experienced builder, but I am very satisfied with it (my first mech mod)! Maybe I can improve on its mechanism and make it smoother. But right now I gotto have some sleep...
Tomorrow, what I need to do is to fill the gaps and sticker it. I need stickers, so I have to order them
But right now I am SO glad that I got myself a fully functional correctly proportional 3x3x5 puzzle. And that was build by myself!!!
Thank you Ryan once again for inspiring me to do this!
To everyone out there: This is a highly recommended mod!
ALSO for the beginner modder!
BTW Ryan, could you please elaborate on the 3x3x7? right now I dont see how it could be done. I would be very pleased to know, because I have a 3x3x7 all ready to be torn apart and evoluted into what you are speaking of! I cant wait to start building again!
Ok today I have taken a second look at the internals. obviously I did rush a bit in the end to complete it. and in some places I didnt cut anough material away. Now with some more work, it turns smoothly! actually it is finger-flick-able (I hate the word finger trick!!) and I am 100% satisfied with it! now I have to wait 3 hours for the miliput to cure, so I can sand and paint in. Then I have to wait another week or two for the tiles I have ordered to arrive. oh well..
Tony Fisher wrote:
I believe it would work best with black plastic.
My puzzles in the Museum
My Youtube Channel