Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: (mf8+DaYan)-Crazy 3x3 plus cube
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm 

Crazy 3x3 Circle Cube Video

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:14 pm 

i don't know if it glitched or something but i was the first person to see the video that was the first time that ever happened to me and on a cool puzzle/video!

PB 3x3= 47.48
Magic 2.24

~ Look Teddy! ~ Mr. Bean

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:18 pm 

why cant they sell normal ones it's annoying as hell

I'm a youtuber =D

hey look ^

Rest In Peace Frank

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:31 pm 

Are the DIY kit available yet? If so where? If not... anyoneknow when?

Thanks,
Carl

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 pm 

He just switched the centers. There is a blue center piece under the white center cap.

Attachments:
wcbcp.png
wcbcp.png [ 328.6 KiB | Viewed 2525 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:16 am 

In Mefferts newsletter, they said that you can order the crazy cubes from their site, but I can't seem to find them?..

Pillowed 3x4x4 - Video

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:47 am 

Dankeeen wrote:
In Mefferts newsletter, they said that you can order the crazy cubes from their site, but I can't seem to find them?..
The Nesletter I've got says:
18. May 2010
Subject: Puzzle News as of May 18. 2010 - Teraminx & Crazy 3x3 Cubes by Mf8 reserve now.
I think, you can make a reservation now (on the reserve page) and you'll get an email, when you can order them.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:01 pm 

konsassen wrote:
Dankeeen wrote:
The Nesletter I've got says:
18. May 2010
Subject: Puzzle News as of May 18. 2010 - Teraminx & Crazy 3x3 Cubes by Mf8 reserve now.
I think, you can make a reservation now (on the reserve page) and you'll get an email, when you can order them.

Ahh, of course... :oops:

Pillowed 3x4x4 - Video

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:48 pm 

Interesting that this hasn't been brought up yet, but the Crazy 3x3's are now available on Mefferts. I've been lazy on checking my email & I noticed I got can email from ChangeDetection.com. So I just noticed that the puzzles have been available since Friday, June 11th.

http://www.mefferts.com/products/index. ... ang_new=en

But it's weird, they're advertising 8 different ones; each with a name from the 8 planets in our solar system. But they all have the same picture :?

Last edited by MeMyselfAndPi on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:07 pm 

There's no real need. I mean sure the case that they show on the picture probably can't work on some, but it saves the effort on taking several different pictures. With the Golden Egg and MorphEgg pictures, they were just PhotoShopped to be different colours. And like when they a twin package, they're just the 2 individual pictures put together.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 pm 

Well the newsletter just came in saying this:

Quote:
Hi All!

We are pleased to announce the release of the full set of eight Crazy cube 3X3 puzzels with special two and three colour moulding for all those that have reserved them.

As the response was higher than expected it will takes us several days to process them in the order of the reservation received. With the JadeClub members having top priority. We have arranged production of some spares puzzles for those that have not yet reserved theirs you still have a chance, but please hurry.

Enjoy, and we will bring you a lot more, unique,fascinating and mind pleasing puzzles within this year.

To purchase the Collectors set of all eight cubes please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=391

To purchase the Collectors item Mercury please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=392

To purchase the Collectors item Venus please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=393

To purchase the Collectors item Earth please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=394

To purchase the Collectors item Mars please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=395

To purchase the Collectors item Jupiter please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=396

To purchase the Collectors item Saturn please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=397

To purchase the Collectors item Uranus please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=398

To purchase the Collectors item Neptune please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=399

Free Air-shipping to anywhere in the world where there is a Post Office will continue.

Please Note: that once you receive our auto-responder email acknowledging your payment that means
that your order is being processed and will be shipped promptly, you should receive it usually within two to three weeks. We only send out Tracking numbers if requested, as their main function is to prevent your local Post Man from stealing your puzzle.

This is mainly applies to Italy where local theft of parcels has been quite common in the last two years. The Hong Kong Post Office only Guarantees delivery to your country but takes no responsibility for the safety of your local Postal delivery.

We are still receiving a lot of orders with incomplete address: Your Zip code and Country name must
be clearly shown, if your parcel is returned to us due to incomplete/incorrect address we will charge you the second postage fee which in some case can be more than what you paid for your whole puzzle order.

Our Shopping cart is heavily subsidized and designed not to make a profit
but hopefully just break even, so any waste like double shipping is not fair to the other puzzlers that
are more careful, we hope that you understand.
But I still don't get the differences between all of the puzzles. Those figures don't really make much sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:47 pm 

The faces with the + mean that the circle stays stationary when the side is turned and the ones with X the circle moves with the side.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:31 am 

My two Crazy 3x3x3 from Meffert's have arrived. 17 days between order and delivery to my door.
I'm very pleased.
I have now: Mercury, Neptune, Earth, Jupiter
It's nothing for speedsolvers, though. Each one comes with its individual challenge, probably Jupiter being the easiest. Do not underestimate them!!! :wink:
Earth is the first one that does not follow the "specification" exactly. I'm mentioning this only because I've never understood why some people here concieve it as a problem, that the colors of moving and stationary faces are not always following the pictures above. The logical specification is important, how the faces are located relativly to each other. Complaining about "wrong" specifications is similar to saying "I cannot solve this Rubik's Cube, it has purple instead of orange" :lol:
Probably I'll order from time to time more planets. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:37 am 

konsassen wrote:
I have now: Mercury, Neptune, Earth, Jupiter
It's nothing for speedsolvers, though. Each one comes with its individual challenge, probably Jupiter being the easiest.)

I was thinking about getting one of these but the day I went online to order it, they were sold out at mefferts.

You said you thought Jupiter was the easiest. If I get one, I would like it to be the most challenging of the lot to figure out how to solve for the first time. Of the ones you have, which one is the most challenging?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:03 am 

RobertPaulJr, I would think that the Mercury cube would be the greatest challenge because all of the middles move separately to the edges, except on one side. Please correct me if i'm wrong though.

Robert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:27 am 

Robert111 wrote:
RobertPaulJr, I would think that the Mercury cube would be the greatest challenge because all of the middles move separately to the edges, except on one side. Please correct me if i'm wrong though.

Robert, it makes sense. Is this your experience? If konsassen or someone who has tried various ones could verify this, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 am 

robertpauljr wrote:
Robert111 wrote:

Robert, it makes sense. Is this your experience? If konsassen or someone who has tried various ones could verify this, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
In my opinion (regarding the four I have):
1. Jupiter - pretty easy
2. Mercury - quite a bit harder
3. Neptune
4. Earth - hardest because it is not symmetric
Earth and Neptune are probably close.

As always: It will depend from where you are coming.
But I'm pretty sure about 1 and 2.
Mercury is certainly not the hardest.
EDIT: It has been said before: The easiest by far is the regular circle cube. (I've modded my Mercury once. Vdude had been frustrated because it was sooo easy. :) )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am 

robertpauljr wrote:
(I've modded my Mercury once. Vdude had been frustrated because it was sooo easy. :) )
Nothing but truth in this statement. :( I was SO let down by this puzzle.

I should get the crazy 4x4x4 II when I order puzzles next ( and an FTO if I can... )

I think a circle FTO is in order, actually.

Maybe that can be my next easier design.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."