Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: 9x9x9 cube [Moderator: Some one is not getting the hint...]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 am 

Hi there puzzlefriends, I saw the 9x9x9 cube [you know the drill...] of course I do not want to write the name of this site so I don't violate any forum rules..... :lol: :lol: Someone told me just about a month ago that this is a ko puzzles copied by V-cubes, but I visited the v-cubes site and I found no 9x9x9 cubes for sale...so maybe there is something wrong....how can it be a ko product if mr. verdes does not sell it? maybe I lost something? Speaking without hipocrisy I just asked in a previous mail, adding a link, if anyone knew something about a 9x9x9 cube that I saw on auction, just because it was the first time I saw the 9x9x9 cube, and also actually I found no sites with the 9x9x for sell...AND I WAS BANNED FOR THAT!!!!!!!! :oops: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: nO PROBLEM FOR TO BE BANNED....i JUST CAN READ ALL TOPICS OF THE FORUM, BUT IT SEEMS SOMETHING IT'S GOING WRONG WITH DEMOCRACY OF THIS FORUM!!!! Someone told me that the 9x9 mechanism is the same of the 7x7...for that it's a knockoff????? I don't know...but it seems a weird opinion.....if we consider how much custom puzzles could be considered ko for using the same mechanism of 3x3, 4x4...and so on....
I appreciate the rules of this forum, but maybe there are too many sheriffs on this forum to despite the freedom of us to tell our opinion.... :shock: :shock:
Sheriffs of notthingham??? no thanks, just a little more freedom for all of us.... :lol: :D :D so just a question...where is the 9x9x9 legally available to purchase? thanks everyone....

Post subject: Re: 9x9x9 cube
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:48 am 

First off, if you don't like the rules, don't post. It's as simple as that.

Second, that 9x9x9 is only legally for sale to you if you live in China. Since you don't, you are trafficking in illegal goods if you purchase it. Last I knew, that was still a felony! Have fun. Go buy it. Get caught. Then cry about freedom.

This forum has no freedom. You live by the rules and like it or as the expression goes, lump it. :lol:

Go read all those KO posts. You might understand why the one you posted is a copy. If not, well, I wouldn't know how to begin to explain it.

And I'm pretty sure the ban was not only for posting a KO, but for posting a live auction that wasn't yours. AFTER you had previously been warned about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:06 am 

Are you serious Roxanne? :shock: Is it available only in China? and if I do not live in china I cannot purchase it? I hope this is a joke....!!! Really...
of course I'll buy one of those cubes on auction....I believe in freedom and no in sheriffs of notthingham forrest.....I understand the rules of the forum, no problem, just problems are with hipocrsy and racial laws.....so I'm not chinese and i cannot purchase a cube....this is a dangerous way roxanne....speaking about racism.....sheriffs are not so far to begin something else...something worse..... :evil: :evil:
....and btw....of course I'll buy one of this cubes....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:14 am 

Italrubik wrote:
Are you serious Roxanne? :shock: Is it available only in China? and if I do not live in china I cannot purchase it? I hope this is a joke....!!! Really...
of course I'll buy one of those cubes on auction....I believe in freedom and no in sheriffs of notthingham forrest.....I understand the rules of the forum, no problem, just problems are with hipocrsy and racial laws.....so I'm not chinese and i cannot purchase a cube....this is a dangerous way roxanne....speaking about racism.....sheriffs are not so far to begin something else...something worse..... :evil: :evil:

So you're fine breaking patent and copyright laws, then you don't deserve to have a twistypuzzle account.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:25 am 

:D
theVDude wrote:
Italrubik wrote:

So you're fine breaking patent and copyright laws, then you don't deserve to have a twistypuzzle account.

I'm breaking anything.....only I want to break hipcrisy of guys like.....and i wantto live in a free world...without notthingham forrest sheriffs......
:D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 am 

It has nothing to do with racism or hypocrisy. It has to do with international trade and copyright laws. These violate international patents. China's granting of the patent specifies for China sales only. This doesn't include Taiwan, Hong Kong or any other territory they lay claim to.

Ethically, Morally, not good. China adheres to international copyright law. Some local administrator rubberstamped this one and it slipped through the cracks. V cubes does have international patents, so should it be for sale-that answer would be a resounding no, but it was. That doesn't make it right to own one, nor does it make it any more right for you to publish your intentions of getting one-and worse still a link to an auction for it.

You are reading a lot into the sale of this without (I believe) having read my previous posts on this topic. I would recommend you go back and do your homework. Read my threads on many KO products and the Chinese governments stand and what they are doing to combat this problem. Until then, might I suggest you keep strange ideas......well in your forest :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:07 am 

Attachment:
Robin_Hood_sheriff_of_Nottingham.JPG
Robin_Hood_sheriff_of_Nottingham.JPG [ 78.99 KiB | Viewed 4187 times ]

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:19 am 

I knew you would be back! And with such flair too! :lol:

My all time favorite Robin Hood!

Attachment:
robin2.gif
robin2.gif [ 14.12 KiB | Viewed 4169 times ]

As if anyone wouldn't have guessed that one. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 am 

kastellorizo wrote:
Attachment:
Robin_Hood_sheriff_of_Nottingham.JPG

Really great Pantazis!!!! This is the notthingham sheriff!!! 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 am 

katsmom wrote:
It has nothing to do with racism or hypocrisy. It has to do with international trade and copyright laws. These violate international patents. China's granting of the patent specifies for China sales only. This doesn't include Taiwan, Hong Kong or any other territory they lay claim to.

Ethically, Morally, not good. China adheres to international copyright law. Some local administrator rubberstamped this one and it slipped through the cracks. V cubes does have international patents, so should it be for sale-that answer would be a resounding no, but it was. That doesn't make it right to own one, nor does it make it any more right for you to publish your intentions of getting one-and worse still a link to an auction for it.

You are reading a lot into the sale of this without (I believe) having read my previous posts on this topic. I would recommend you go back and do your homework. Read my threads on many KO products and the Chinese governments stand and what they are doing to combat this problem. Until then, might I suggest you keep strange ideas......well in your forest :lol:

Roxanne.....I just have done my homework.....I'm just a cosmology teacher, so there are no homeworks for me..... :mrgreen:
...and I do not approve sheriffs all over the world......if you can understand me...... :wink:
of course this is not a life or death question....so smile....as I do.... :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:50 am 

Without wanting to start an argument, we live in a society and abide by the rules of it. This forum is no different. There are rules we must follow. If we don't like them, we can always go somewhere else that has rules we can live by.

I would love all puzzles to be readily available to all and free for that matter. But, if we allow the advertisement of where to purchase not so legal puzzles, then there will be no new inventions.

This year has been a bumper year for us. We've had more new mass produced puzzles made in 2009 than any other year in puzzling history. 2010 looks to be the same. Would you want that to stop? None of us here want it so we have come to a community agreement that we will not advertise the location to purchase puzzles not made by the original manufacturer/designer. It's as simple as that.

I am smiling. I never stop :lol: It makes life much easier.

Edited for everyone's sanity! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:07 am 

Completely off topic: Hey Roxanne, what a nice sight to see your avatar next to Disney's Robin Hood. I always knew it was Vulpecula (little fox), but I just realized that it is right next to Sagitta (the arrow). I wonder if Walt was inspired by these; although there is no goose in that movie...

Skarabajo

Attachments:
File comment: Vulpecula et Anser (plate XXVII from Atlas Portatilis Coelestis)
vulpecula.jpg
vulpecula.jpg [ 177.97 KiB | Viewed 4068 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:11 am 

:lol: As crafty as a fox you are :wink:

Thank you for the chuckle. I hadn't noticed the similarity. Hmmm. change of avatar time????? NAH!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 pm 

Best Troll ever....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:08 pm 

katsmom wrote:
Without wanting to start an argument, we live in a society and abide by the rules of it. This forum is no different. There are rules we must follow. If we don't like them, we can always go somewhere else that has rules we can live by.

I would love all puzzles to be readily available to all and free for that matter. But, if we allow the advertisement of where to purchase not so legal puzzles, then there will be no new inventions.

This year has been a bumper year for us. We've had more new mass produced puzzles made in 2009 than any other year in puzzling history. 2010 looks to be the same. Would you want that to stop? None of us here want it so we have come to a community agreement that we will not advertise the location to purchase puzzles not made by the original manufacturer/designer. It's as simple as that.

I am smiling. I never stop :lol: It makes life much easier.

Edited for everyone's sanity! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

:lol: and this is the real spirit of puzzling!!! smile and have fun for all guys of the forum!! In this I totally agree with you!! :P

Post subject: Re: 9x9x9 cube [Moderator: Some one is not getting the hint...]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm 

I was very tempted to just delete this entire thread. But perhaps there is a small amount of educational value in leaving it up, with some statements to clear up any mis-impressions newer members might have. Italrubik is not a new member and has no excuse, and unfortunately this post has demonstrated he does not want to follow the rules required for him to remain a member.

OK on to the educational part:
Italrubik wrote:
Hi there puzzlefriends, I saw the 9x9x9 cube [you know the drill...] of course I do not want to write the name of this site so I don't violate any forum rules..... :lol: :lol: Someone told me just about a month ago that this is a ko puzzles copied by V-cubes, but I visited the v-cubes site and I found no 9x9x9 cubes for sale...so maybe there is something wrong....how can it be a ko product if mr. verdes does not sell it? maybe I lost something?
Others have commented but let me make it clear:

Read the forum before you post.

This has been discussed in more detail than anyone ever wanted I think. There are plenty of disagreements, but what is abundantly clear and in no way disputed is that Verdes has paid a lot of money for many valid international patents protecting his design of the V-2 through V-11, regardless of whether or not he has built one first. Patent is law. The law says you may not buy this puzzle. Your (Italian, I presume) law. The fact that someone managed to twist the rules in China to get a patent there that is in conflict with the Chinese patent Verdes paid for is something for the Chinese legal system to work out. For the moment, this means it is legal for that puzzle to be sold in China. But even if you went to China to buy one, you would not legally be able to take it back to Europe.
So for most of our forum members it is illegal for you to buy or import this puzzle.
Italrubik wrote:
Speaking without hipocrisy I just asked in a previous mail, adding a link, if anyone knew something about a 9x9x9 cube that I saw on auction, just because it was the first time I saw the 9x9x9 cube, and also actually I found no sites with the 9x9x for sell...AND I WAS BANNED FOR THAT!!!!!!!! :oops: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Your warning (your second about KO products) made clear why you were banned. Repeatedly violating both rule #4 and #14. It also made clear that when you returned you should be more careful with your posts. This thread shows you have not.
Italrubik wrote:
nO PROBLEM FOR TO BE BANNED....i JUST CAN READ ALL TOPICS OF THE FORUM, BUT IT SEEMS SOMETHING IT'S GOING WRONG WITH DEMOCRACY OF THIS FORUM!!!!
What is wrong is your assumption that this forum is a democracy, or that there is some form of freedom of speech.
This has been a problem for others in the past as well, so let's try to clear it up once again:

This forum is a website that Sandy created. He pays for the disk space and network bandwidth. This is not a government site owned by the commons. This is not a democracy. This is Sandy's site. What he chooses to store on his disks and what he chooses to allow people to read is up to him, and it is not up to a vote. You have absolutely no right to put anything on his server. None. Just like Sandy has no right to go to your house and put files on your computer.

Sandy has been kind enough to grant members the privilege of posting, with the agreement that you will follow the site rules. If you do not, you will lose your privilege.

What you post is subject to being edited or modified as Sandy sees fit. It is on his server and he can do what he wants. If you don't like this, do not post. Sandy could change your avatar, he can rewrite your messages, he could post as your account. He could translate all your text to Hindi. It is his server and he can put whatever bytes he wants on it. If you share your text with him don't think that gives you any rights. You are welcome to keep what you posted yourself and do with it what you want. Once you put those bytes on his server you give up your control.

That said, Sandy doesn't tend to edit posts. Nor, I would guess, does he have any interest in doing so in the future.
Sandy has chosen a few people to help him moderate the site, and given us the ability to make edits and deletions in the interest of keeping this a nice place. We try to follow and enforce the rules he sets up. We volunteer our time because we value what he has done for the community. In general we don't like to edit or censor posts and do so as little as possible while upholding the rules.
Italrubik wrote:
I appreciate the rules of this forum,
I don't think you appreciate the rules of the forum as you continue to break them with little concern for why they exist. No more.
Italrubik wrote:
but maybe there are too many sheriffs on this forum to despite the freedom of us to tell our opinion.... :shock: :shock:
Sheriffs of notthingham??? no thanks, just a little more freedom for all of us.... :lol: :D :D
There are few Sheriffs on this forum, just Jin and me. But there are many concerned members who voice their views as well.
As for freedom, you have all the freedom you want to to post whatever your opinion may be, but not on Sandy's hard drive using his bandwidth. Buy your own computer and run your own site and say whatever you want. Sandy and the admin staff here will not do anything to stop you.
Italrubik wrote:
so just a question...where is the 9x9x9 legally available to purchase? thanks everyone....
Outside of China, no where. Inside China is their business, but it will not be posted on this forum.

The Sheriff

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]