Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 pm
Here is my new Pro-minx v2 I am running a bit late on the waiting list however this will be the puzzle build I am selling.

Oh, and also, there a teaser image for a second puzzle I built, which was designed by our good friend Adam ^_^

Try not to spoil the guessing game if I already told you what the mystery puzzle is.

PRO-MINX VIDEO HERE
Image
Image


Attachments:
Pair_2.jpg
Pair_2.jpg [ 216.15 KiB | Viewed 3254 times ]
Pair_1.jpg
Pair_1.jpg [ 181.36 KiB | Viewed 3225 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:47 am
Location: near Utrecht, Netherlands
Taylor wrote:
It looks like a Rhombiminx, however if Adam designed it I'm guessing something crazy. Corner turning?


Could be. I can see hints of screws where the pieces meet at the corners.

_________________
Tom's Shapeways Puzzle Shop - your order from my shop includes free stickers!
Tom's Puzzle Website


Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:43 pm
Location: right here
What's different from this one and v1 Pro-Minx?

Yea, definitely looks like a rhombiminx. If it's face turning, it's gotta have some crazy internal mechanism going on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:14 pm
Location: Orange County, CA
Nice "Rhombiminx"!

:wink:

_________________
-Garrett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Tennessee
I think that it turns like a Rhombiminx but also turns on the corners

_________________
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe.
Put this in your signature if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 pm
It does not turn like a Rhombiminx

perhaps I'll post the video for it later

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
hmmmmm....could it be a 4x4 mod?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 pm
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH
Calzone wrote:
hmmmmm....could it be a 4x4 mod?


A rhombiminx is a 4x4 mod itself.

And that video would be wonderful, drew. It does appear to be some kind of face turning rhombiminx, but i'm baffled as to how exactly the thing turns if it's NOT a rhombiminx.

-CC10

_________________
Image

Best solve: 28.84s

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:59 am
Location: Glastonbury, CT (USA)
Drewseph wrote:
Try not to spoil the guessing game if I already told you what the mystery puzzle is.


Give me one and i may be able to keep my mouth shut :P

_________________
Master Pentultimate Auction


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:05 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
My guess on the Rhombic Dodecahedron.

It's Hevey's Burden. It rotates around all verticies.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8406&hilit=hevey%27s+burden

_________________
Fridrich
3x3 PB 22.63
3x3 Av 30.57

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:16 pm
Location: Somewhere Else
Is this "Burden" similar to this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:05 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Jared wrote:
Is this "Burden" similar to this?

Yes indeed.


Never the less, I have seen a video of the mod and it's impressive. I can't wait to see what people think once it's posted.

_________________
Fridrich
3x3 PB 22.63
3x3 Av 30.57

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:28 pm
Location: Houston TX, USA
I am going to guess the mystery puzzle is a verteces (sp) turning rhombic dodecahedron. Where it can turn on either the 4 point corners, or the 3 point corners.

As for the v2, congrats! It looks very clean.

_________________
Drewseph wrote:
Oskar, we all love this world that we live in. Please stop destroying it with your creations! The universe cannot handle much more of thi-


Why does he always have the funny quotes? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:55 am
Location: WA, USA
Arch Wolf wrote:
I am going to guess the mystery puzzle is a verteces (sp) turning rhombic dodecahedron. Where it can turn on either the 4 point corners, or the 3 point corners.

As for the v2, congrats! It looks very clean.


I think that all the 4 point corners turn, but it is also a deep cut puzzle where it can be scrambled on turns that cut the puzzle in half, or at least on most of the sides. Some of them can't rotate in half, as it looks by the picture. And maybe the 3 point corners can turn, it doesn't look like it to me though.

_________________
"This is Pretty off-topic"

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Tennessee
elijah516 wrote:
Arch Wolf wrote:
I am going to guess the mystery puzzle is a verteces (sp) turning rhombic dodecahedron. Where it can turn on either the 4 point corners, or the 3 point corners.

As for the v2, congrats! It looks very clean.


I think that all the 4 point corners turn, but it is also a deep cut puzzle where it can be scrambled on turns that cut the puzzle in half, or at least on most of the sides. Some of them can't rotate in half, as it looks by the picture. And maybe the 3 point corners can turn, it doesn't look like it to me though.

I think you just described a Rhombiminx

_________________
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe.
Put this in your signature if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:55 am
Location: WA, USA
Bigandrewgold wrote:
elijah516 wrote:
Arch Wolf wrote:
I am going to guess the mystery puzzle is a verteces (sp) turning rhombic dodecahedron. Where it can turn on either the 4 point corners, or the 3 point corners.

As for the v2, congrats! It looks very clean.


I think that all the 4 point corners turn, but it is also a deep cut puzzle where it can be scrambled on turns that cut the puzzle in half, or at least on most of the sides. Some of them can't rotate in half, as it looks by the picture. And maybe the 3 point corners can turn, it doesn't look like it to me though.

I think you just described a Rhombiminx


Really? I thought a Rombiminx just turn at the 4 point corners. Well, ok then, I'm completely stumped.

_________________
"This is Pretty off-topic"

"You are actually more off topic than me, you mentioned something on topic in the Off Topic forum."

"You more so for discussing the on-topic "off-topic" topic in the off-topic forum."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Tennessee
elijah516 wrote:
Really? I thought a Rombiminx just turn at the 4 point corners. Well, ok then, I'm completely stumped.

nope

_________________
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe.
Put this in your signature if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Maryland,USA
Very Nice as Always Drew, and btw will those of us on the waiting list for the prominx be getting the v2's?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stickered Pro-minx v2 (and possibly something else)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:51 am
Location: Malibu, California
Synester wrote:
Very Nice as Always Drew, and btw will those of us on the waiting list for the prominx be getting the v2's?
yes

_________________
I am taking a break from the forum. You can reach me by PM if needed.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gr_cubed, MSNbot Media, NXTgen, rakaCN and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group