Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rubik's Cube Question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:00 pm 

If anyone who also owns one of these cubes in this packaging style:

http://www.hlavolamy-puzzles.cz/otocne/ ... ubikSl.jpg

could please let me know a little more about it I'd really appreciate the info. I've seen the Polytoys variant with the gold band at the bottom a few times but I only know of one other Twistypuzzle member who has almost the same version as the one I have. Mine is marked 1981 made in Hungary and distributed by Ideal Toy Corp Hollis New York 11423. It has an Arxon sticker on the top of the packaging but the other persons in the link above has a Politoys sticker on the top of his packaging. Does these cubes have the same internals as a Deluxe Cube since this is also tiled or is it just your standard cube internals? Were these widely available for retail sale within the USA or was it a special order item only through a catalog? I was always under the impression before that these were only sold in Germany.

Last edited by retropuzzlecollector on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Rare Factory Sealed Rubik's Blindman's Cube
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:25 pm 

This seems to be the cube that appeared on eBay recently, and then disappeared after a day or so. I was watching the auction. It looked that someone had made an offer outside of eBay, and the seller cancelled the auction subsequently. May I ask if that was you who snatched the cube outside of the auction, or did you get the cube somewhere else? Thanks.

Here's the link to the now defunct auction. The auction name was "Rubics cube in original Ideal Toy co box".