Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Puzzle Group Shot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:37 pm 

I found TwistyPuzzles at the end of 2008, and it really opened my eyes! I had known about a few puzzles besides the 2x2-5x5, I remember the Duane Cash cubes for sale at the Rubiks website (I really wish I had bought some of them!) I also remember seeing some of Tony Fishers custom puzzles while researching cubes for a project in 2005, but when I first saw the massive variety of Twisty Puzzles that the world has to offer, it really jump started the collecting bug in me.

I'm mainly interested in puzzles for the solving challenge, I don't tend to focus on keeping my puzzles pristine (although I do take care of my puzzles), though there are a few that I haven't opened, and one that I only solved a few times because of it's value.

Although I'm sure that most of you will pick out what items I have in my collection, I'm going to list the puzzles starting from the back row from left to right.

mf8 Teraminx, C4U Gigaminx, Tiled Pyraminx Crystal, V-cube 7, V-cube 7 Illusion, V-cube 7 Dazzler, 3x3x5 Extended, Logic Star, Flower Puzzle (Czech Kilominx), Holey Megaminx, PUZL Megaminx, V-cube 5, Eastsheen 4x4, Rubiks 3x3, Rubiks 3x3 (Painted with window paint, it was one of my first 3x3s, and also before I knew about Cubesmith), 6 Colour Alexanders Star, 10 Colour Alexanders Star, Qubami, Skewb, Helicopter Cube, SMAZ Dino, Master Dino (Bedard), Rubiks Mirror Blocks (6 Colour), Jings Pyraminx, Mefferts Mastermorphinx, Pyraminx (Ball Core), Rainbow Puck, Void Cube (Gentosha), Tower Cube (Gentosha), Floppy Cube (Gentosha), Japanese Calendar Cube, Tourist Cube from Japan, Coca-Cola Can, Babel Tower, Gear Cube, 15 Puzzle (Metal, with Leather Case), Turnstile (Binary Arts), Rubiks Magic (Japanese), Rubiks Magic, Rubiks Snake, Rubiks Touch Cube, Rubiks Mirror Blocks (Signed), Rubiks Tower (Signed), Golden Cube (Gold), Elemental Neon Deluxe Custom (#85), Bandaged Cube (Hidetoshi), Rubiks Tower, Trajber's Octahedron (David Calzone), Puzzle Mug (Hidetoshi, Okamoto), The Cube Book

It was amazing for me to see all of my puzzles set out on the one table, as I had never done that before, although the picture didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped because I only have the camera on my phone, I was glad I finally took a group shot.

Thanks for looking! :)

Post subject: Re: Puzzle Group Shot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 pm 

Wow, that is a beautiful collection!

Thanks for sharing,
Paulo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:46 am 

Nice!
If I interpret your story right you have mastered the art of restricting your collection to something one could call "essential".
I haven't learnt it by now...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:29 am 

That's a great collection! I really want the Lattice Cube! :D

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm 

Andreas Nortmann wrote:
If I interpret your story right you have mastered the art of restricting your collection to something one could call "essential".

It's a work in progress, I got rid of a batch of puzzles a month or so ago here on TP, and I might get rid of a few more that I don't use, so that someone else can get a chance at them, but over all, I try to restrict myself, especially this year because my goal was to save up about half of what I made this year. :roll:

But we all have a different sort of collection, I like how you create all of those shape mods, because they each should be made at least once. :)

SEBUVER wrote:
I really want the Lattice Cube! :D

I got lucky on that one, because of everything that was going on, I guess my impatience to have the puzzle in my hands paid off in the end?

Even though I had to pay through the nose for it, I still hope that it gets mass produced, because it truly is an interesting experience to solve, especially if you don't use a reduction method. :)