Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Collection (as of: 3-3-09)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:06 pm 

I thought I might as well post my ever-growing puzzle collection. I admit, my collection isn't necessarily BIG compared to some of the members here *cough*Georges*cough* but I think it's on it's way. :)

Okay, I took one big picture of everything first. Now, for identifying each puzzle, I have categorized them into 4 "quadrants", which I took pictures of and labeled:

1st Quadrant:
1) Rubik's 5x5 w/ Cubesmith smooth tiles. Probably the best Rubik's 5x5 you will ever twist. Pretty sure it's an original, not retooled.
2) Rubik's 4x4. VERY FAST, but locks up a lot. Don't know if it's retooled or not.
3) Eastsheen 4x4. From PuzzleProz, so it has orange stickers instead of purple.
4) 2 cheap dollar-store "Magic Cubes", one w/ tiles removed for use on another cube, with pieces swapped from both puzzles.
5) PVC Megaminx. Very smooth, but stickers are too easy to chip/peel.
6) ...skipped 6? O.o I need to learn how to count! XD
7) Boston RedSox 3x3. Given to me as a gift from my guidance counselor. NOTE: I don't watch any kind of sport, I do not actually like the RedSox.
8) "Chinaminx". I'd rather not talk about it. It's that bad. :P
9) Eastsheen 5x5. I prefer my Rubik's, but this one is okay.
10) 15-puzzle. Nothing special
11) Another cheap dollar-store cube, but lubed and now is UBER-UBER-UBER fast.
12) ...I...skipped 12 too... *facepalm*
13) Rainbow Cube
14) Stackmat + "I <3 Rubik's Cube" pin/button.

2nd Quadrant:
1) Horribly done 1x1 Siamese cube.
2) Babylon Tower
3) Rubik's Revolution Mini. My dad originally bought this as a joke, but I ended up having fun with it. :P
4) Full-sized Rubik's Revolution.
5) V-Cube 7. I got this when the price was still around $70 before shipping. Should've waited. ;-;
6) Meffert's 6-color impossiball. (Bought off eBay, didn't know it was Meffert's at the time. :P)
7) Hand-made Dino Cube.
8) "Blind Man's LEGO Cube". Using LEGOs, I make a cube that can be solved blindfolded by texture. I'm pretty sure it was an original design, though I know Blind Man's cubes have been made with LEGOs on one/some sides, I believe this may have been the first to use them on all 6. One side is lacking of any LEGOs, and the opposite side is lacking of a LEGO on the center pieces due to it having an engraving of "Rubik's" on it.
9) I-don't-know-the-brand Pyraminx. Really smooth after lubrication, but I had a lot of problems with the screws coming out. It also has an unnecessarily complex mechanism, so that wasn't very fun, but now that I have fix it, it is now my speed Pyraminx.
10) Disassembled Magic. It just needs to be restrung...for the 5th time...
11) Chinese holo-stickered Pyraminx from Puzzle-Proz. DO. NOT. USE. THESE.

3rd Quadrant:
1) Hand-made 1x1x1
2) unknown-brand keychain 3x3x3
3) Tetraminx. Made from a broken Pyraminx. (ingenuous how my brother fixed it...he used nothing but 2 legos and a rubber band and fixed a broken center...)
4) My speedcube. 3x3 DIY w/ Cubesmith smooth tiles.
5) Glow-in-the-dark cube with cuts in the stickers to solve it at night. Bought from "cubefans" on eBay.
6) Rubik's Ice Cube... ... ...*cries*
7) Re-stickered Rubik's JR Cube.
8) My 2x2 speedcube. Spring-modded Eastsheen 2x2 w/ Cubesmith smooth tiles.
8b) (SHOULD BE 12, lol) "Darth Maul" 2x2x2, I lost one piece and broke a tab. I've tried to fix it a couple of times, but it's a lost cause. I originally got it from a friend at school who hadn't solved it in 10 years, and gave it to me out of frustration. (Do I need to mention that I solved it in front of his face in half-a-minute? :D)
9) My "throw-around" DIY. This is the one I let friends use when they want to use a cube, instead of putting my speedcube at risk.
10) 1x2x2 made from LEGOs and stickered w/ extra DIY stickers. You pull it apart, twist it and put it back together. The pieces are held together by those LEGO Technic tube things.

4th Quadrant:
1) Meffert's Skewb
2) Rubik's Clock
3) 5 keychain 2x2x2s from DealExtreme.
4) Non-spring-modded Eastsheen 2x2. From PuzzleProz, so it has orange stickers instead of purple. Turns uber fast, but locks up a lot if not lined up.
5) Hungarian Rings.
6) Puzzle-Proz DIY Square-1.

Now, for the sake of completeness, I figured I would post a picture of 2 signatures I have:
1) Andrew Cormier (Did I spell that right?) AKA good ol' Drewseph. :D
2) Completely irrelevant, it's a receipt of an electric guitar-amp package I won from a Guitar Hero competition. :mrgreen:
EDIT: I just realized... I won the PACKAGE. Lol, I sort-of phrased that so it sounds like I won the receipt. :P
3) Dan Cohen, a speed-solver.

Also, I must point out that I missed one puzzle that I got just today because these pictures were taken yesterday. It is a KO Labyrinth that my guidance counselor bought me because he was proud of me for getting the highest Biology standardized-test scores in the school's history. I be smart. :D (Funny thing is, I got an almost-perfect score on the test, and it was taken before I even started my Biology classes! :lol:) It's my largest puzzle so far, and one of my most fun-to-mess-with puzzles. :)

So yeah, that's my collection as of today, March 3rd, 2009. :)

EDIT: If you count the multiples of certain puzzles, I own a total of 45 puzzles.
EDIT: Fixed the link for the KO Labyrinth, it linked to the wrong topic.

Last edited by SaiyanKirby on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My Collection (as of: 3-3-09)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 pm 

Nice collection!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:30 pm 

Nice.

I only have about 20 puzzles. =(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:08 am 

I always love to look at other people's collection pictures and there is often something new to be seen, like the LEGO cube for the blind in your case.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:28 am 

very nice collection

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:39 pm 

Very nicely done with the numbering. Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:58 pm 

I should be getting a Mirror Blocks cube soon. Unfortunately, DealExtreme is really slow and my order was JUST packaged today, and it's been over a week since I ordered. I hope it gets here soon. :/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:01 pm 

Nice Collection =D

Fastest Times:3x3x3-37 seconds
Magic: 2.48 seconds(after having it for 2 days)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:37 am 

SaiyanKirby wrote:
I should be getting a Mirror Blocks cube soon. Unfortunately, DealExtreme is really slow and my order was JUST packaged today, and it's been over a week since I ordered. I hope it gets here soon. :/

DX is usually fairly quick, but I don't think they have much stock of the mirror blockses (my precioussss). Mine took a week or two to move to shipped. Once shipped, pretty much everything foreign including DX takes exactly 7 days to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:35 am 

JasperJ wrote:
I don't think they have much stock of the mirror blockses

I figured as much. I've ordered from them before, and it took about a week to get to my house.

I might be purchasing some Alumilite soon, but after that I'm not going to be purchasing any puzzles for a while. I want to save up my money for Guitar Hero: Metallica. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:41 am 

I think I might be selling my Alumilite soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:10 pm 

Finally got my Mirror Blocks cube today! (No need to post pictures, I think everyone knows what it looks like :P) This is one AWESOME puzzle, nice work Hidetoshi!

On a side note, I did end up getting Alumilite. For my first cast project, I'm going to fix up a piece of my Dino Cube and cast that.