Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How do I put together a Pyramorphix from Meffert ?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2000 2:52 am 

So I took it appart without breaking anything. Now,how do I put together a normal size Pyramorphix from Meffert ?. I think that I need more than 2 hands.

Post subject: Assembling a Pyramorphix
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 9:19 pm 

Assembling a dismantled pyramorphix isn't too difficult. If you completely dismantled it, including the last piece with the fused tabs on it, then start there and put a centre piece on it. Rest it on something solid and put the free spinning axes in place. Then find a corner with the same colour as the centre, place 2 tabs on the other colours, and then slide the corner into place from the bottom. Repeat for the other 2. For the centres, place a tab on the side which belongs on the top of the piece (if you're a purist, you'll want to get all the grooves on each piece lined up, too), and slide it into place from the bottom. To ensure that the puzzle doesn't explode while you attempt it, I suggest that you suport the back corner with the 2 inner fingers and the front corners with the 2 outer fingers on each hand, while sliding the edge piece in with your thumbs. You'll also find that your thumbs will give additional support to the 2 front corners. Once the 3 centres are done, all that's needed is the final corner. To handle this one, pick up your puzzle and rotate one half of it 45 degrees, so you end up with a V split right down the middle by an axis. Slide the piece into the V and push it in as far as you can go while pulling the tip back at the same time. Once the bottom (V) is in as far as it can go, push the top in. It'll just barely clear the tab, with a lot of grinding noises, and will then snap securely into place. Once again, you now have a fully functional Pyramorphix. Congratulations! :) L8r.

Post subject: Assembling a Pyramorphix - It works
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 1:57 am 

Thanks Tim. Your method worked just fine.

Post subject: Glad to hear it. :-)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 7:02 am 

Now that you've worked out the method for assembling a standard Pyramorphics, you'll probably be interested to know that you can make 8 other symmetrical puzzles with the pieces from 2 of them. I'll leave that as an exercise to the interested reader. :wink: L8r.

Post subject: What others...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 7:35 am 
Tim,

What others canbe made from 2 Pyramorphics?

Post subject: What others?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2000 7:35 am 

Sorry, that would be telling. :wink: Suffice it to say that at least 4 of them have been sold on eBay, 2 by myself. if you have 2, try dismantling them and mixing and matching the pieces. So long as you have a different number of corners and centres, you're sure to come up with something interesting. Good luck. :)

Post subject: What others...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2000 5:32 am 

Michael,

For one thing, with 2 Pyramorphix, you can create a Starburst (all corners) and a Diamond or 2x2x2 Gem (all centers). See this site under the Puzzles Wanted section. Good luck finding the name for other combinations of centers and corners.