Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vadasz cubes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:33 am 

Anyone know where to find these puzzles? There has to be a supplier somewhere. Email me if anyone has any info.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Vadasz cubes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:34 am 

I found this via google.com

a Vadasz 3x3x3 for $9.95

http://store.yahoo.com/lawrencehallofscience/vadaszcube.html

Post subject: Re: Re: Vadasz cubes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 6:33 am 
it is $6.95!

Post subject: Germany? Hungary?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:48 am 

I've got a guy in Germany having a look around for these (and a bunch of the other items that that seller keeps coming out with "from it's home"!). If he can find a retailer for any of these rare North American puzzles, I'm sure we can get him to buy a few dozen and ship them over all at once.

Sorry if this is a premature message, but I'm excited and hopeful that he'll come up with something. Cross your fingers! I'll up date you when he does.

Sandy

Post subject: 5 different versions of Vadasz cubes????
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 2:43 am 

I received an email from a collector who has 5 different Vadasz puzzles. He bought them from a place 2 years ago that is no longer in business. Here is his description of the 5 versions

----
There are 2x2x2, 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 Cubes that are "standard", the last two cubes are 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 with graded colours: i.e. for instance the blue side turns is shaded from light blue to dark blue on the diagonal. These two take longer time to solve. The two graded cubes are in a white frame and the normal ones are in a black frame.

Post subject: No reply from the store
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:33 am 
I got the same search results from Google a few days ago, but have yet to recieve a reply to an inquiry. They may just be slow in answering emails, though.

Post subject: Magic Jack
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:34 pm 

Here is another variation on the 3x3x3 Vadasz cube. It is called "Magic Jack".

http://www.magicjack.com/index1.htm

I think there is another similar puzzle called "I-qube".

Doug.

Post subject: Vadasz 4x4x4 Gradient
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:43 am 

Here's one. Bad picture though. Hard to tell that the colours are different when there's a shadow cast across it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1699561566

Sandy

Post subject: Magic Jack / Iqube descriptions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:34 pm 

I bought a Magic Jack, and an Iqube recently from Hendrik Haak. Mechanically they are the same 3x3x3 sliding cube puzzle.

The Magic Jack is about the size of a Rubik's cube and has a thin cage around the cubes. There are four solutions you can strive for. The easiest are all silver, all red, or all blue. There are exactly the right number of silver/red/blue facelets, so for each cubie you can simply find all the facelets of your chosen colour and put it in the unique position that has all those facelets on the outside. The red and blue solutions also show a continuous path going around all the facelets with the occasional letter. The fourth and most difficult solution mixes red and blue, to give one long path around the cube surface with the letters forming a secret phrase. The facelet stickers are laminated paper but as they are not subject to the same kind of wear as a rubik's cube, they should last long enough.

The Iqube is rather large and has a more solid box, with round holes at each of the facelets. The cubies have coloured facelets, yellow red or green made of inlaid plastic. This puzzle can be used by blind people since each colour also has a different texture. It can be made all red, or all green. The booklet (also available in braille) supplies 10 more patterns which you can make. It comes with a stand, which pushes in the centre cubie of the bottom layer so you don't see the space.

Jaap