Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ebay removing puzzle postings.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:45 am 

so last night i was looking on ebay and there were like 25 thousand puzzle listing. I also had a coke can puzzle on there for sale. i got a notice today i was in trademark violation ???? not sure how. i went and checked ebay and now there is only like 6 thousand puzzle postings??? and almost all of them are just rubiks cubes??? I guess rubik has decided to inforce thier trademarks?? should make traffic to this site for trades go up. if ebay is gonna remove everyone but rubiks actions. and yes i was not selling a knock off puzzle it was just your standard coke can puzzle. strange i guess because of holidays ?? any way they took down alot of listings.

Post subject: Re: ebay removing puzzle postings.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:05 am 

Which section did you have it listed in? What was the title/sub title of your listing? Did you use the name “Rubik” in any way in listing?

edit: When I look on eBay right now I see 138017 listings under "Puzzles/1970-Now" and under that are 8092 listings in "Brain Teasers" and 3904 listings under "Rubik's Puzzles". When I look in "Rubik's Puzzles" I see many that aren't actually "Rubik's" branded ones.