Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Who's Who...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 pm 

1) Age, location, profession, eBay ID?
23, Louisville, KY USA, Pharmacy Technician.

2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?
It is probably a tie between solving and collecting. I love solving new puzzles, but to solve them I need them in my hand as I have an awful time solving via simulators such as gelatinbrain.

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?
In spring of 2008, I went on a field trip to Chicago. While browsing the mall there I saw a Rubik's brand cube for sale and thought to myself, "You know what? i bet I can do that." Turns out I couldn't. I learned using Pogobat's YouTube tutorial, but that was just the beginning. After I learned to solve it that way I sort of lost interest, until I happened to wander through YouTube and land on Oskar's videos. His creations were so amazing that it made me want to look for more and more different types of puzzles. After looking further I just got hopelessly addicted.

4) If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?
I attempted to make a half-truncated cube from my original Rubik's brand but failed horribly. I have disassembled/reassembled every puzzle I own (multiple times), except for my gear cube, and that's only because I can't remove the center caps.

5) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?
I have 34, and a VERY rough estimate of their value would be around 1,300 USD.

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?
Currently my largest focus is on Cuboids of all kinds. I also have a decent amount of shape-mods. I tend to get bored with higher-order dodecahedrons/icosahedrons/etc, so I rarely purchase them. I collect twisty puzzles exclusively, so I don't have any sliding-picture puzzles, assembly puzzles, etc.

7) Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favourite and why?
My TomZ 4x5x6. It was the first Shapeways puzzle that I dyed myself, and I also cut tiles for it from CubeSmith's textured 3x3" blanks. All of that combined with a fun solve and silky smooth movement makes it a puzzle that I just can't keep my hands off of.

8) Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay?
My 3x5x7 would be worth the most, but I'm not planning on selling it any time soon.

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
a) 4x5x6, b) Ice Purple Bauhinia Dodecahedron, c) AYI 5x5x4, d) 3x5x7, e) I really love my 4-layer Octahedron as its a good combination of all four other parameters.

10) Enough about puzzles. Do you have any other hobbies?
I am an avid reader and a fairly serious ten-pin bowler.

11) Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share?
I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Biology.

Post subject: Re: Site status
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 pm 

Hi everybody, this is my first post. I'm a new member(since august). I wrote nothing again ever, because if I write something it has to be interesting for the community. I do not want to pollute the site with answer without interest. But it is very interesting for me to read discussion. I collect the puzzles for five years, and it is big one passions for me. To be a member of this site is a privilege, and I shall make my contribution when I can bring it. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Site status
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:46 pm 

Cristhenice wrote:
Hi everybody, this is my first post. I'm a new member(since august). I wrote nothing again ever, because if I write something it has to be interesting for the community. I do not want to pollute the site with answer without interest. But it is very interesting for me to read discussion. I collect the puzzles for five years, and it is big one passions for me. To be a member of this site is a privilege, and I shall make my contribution when I can bring it. :wink:
Welcome Cristenice. I first saw your post over in the Site Status thread and I wanted to reply then but now when I went to look for it I couldn't find it. I was tempted to suggest this thread for you so I'm not surprised to see it turn up here. Welcome to the community, we are happy to have you here.

Carl

P.S. I certainly hope the moderator which moved this post informed Cristenice. I know I've had posts moved in the past which I thought were deleted until I acidently stumbled across the location they were moved to. That's long enough ago though I'm not sure that was this forum or another.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:03 am 

I guess I should take the recent activity on this thread as an opportunity to introduce myself.

You may have seen me posting on here recently. I have only really recently started contributing to discussions and have only been a member since July.

A bit about me:

Im from the south east of England,

I work for a luxury coach company

I am 27

I have a fiancée and 3 kids

I have about 20+ puzzles my current favourite is my Crazy Cube Earth (Venus)

I am a slow speedcuber at average of 47 seconds for standard 3x3x3

the reason I enjoy puzzling is the head scratching and then the EUREKA! moment! I enjoy puzzling for the puzzle not the feel or turning or anything like that.

I am a very easy person get on with but my knowledge of cubing is still developing. so apologies if I contribute something stupid.

Currently awaiting Burgo/Rlines CrazyB42fcube, Hexaminx, Siamese Mirror Blocks and Eitan's Star.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:32 am 

1) Age, location, profession?
I am 16 and am currently a high school student in 11th grade living in Houston, Texas.

2) Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?
I dabble in a bit of everything. I'm not much of a speed solver but I like big cubes(especially cuboids), I really like collecting but as of late haven't had much money to do so, and am working on a few cube mods as well as designing some digitally.

3) How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?
I've never really lost touch with cubing and have been into it since about the 5th grade when I got my first cube.

4) If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?
My current project can be seen here - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26104

5) How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?
I only have about 30 puzzles in my collection (like I said do to lack of money lately) but hope to expand it in the near future. I would say total though the collection would maybe be like 500(?) although I'm not quite sure.

6) How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?
I'm a big fan of cuboids and shape shifters as well as anything that can give a nice challenge. There aren't really any puzzles currently that I avoid.

Maybe my first set of V-Cubes as I saved up quite a while at the time to get them and was extremely proud of having them in my collection (of course that was but in 6th grade but still)

I don't really have any 'rare' cubes or really expensive cubes so I guess currently it would be my V-Cubes 5-7.

9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
My current favorite puzzle is the Hexaminx. I had been wanting one for quite a while and I am quite pleased with it (although I am going to have to re-sticker it soon). I find it to be a fun shapeshifting challenge, but it doesn't take too long to solve.

I am a long time Roller Coaster Enthusiasts and in my spare time, ride coasters(currently my count is 132), build models of them in Coaster Dynamix and K'nex sets, and design them through software such as Newton 2 and NoLimits. I am also an avid gamer and play a wide range of games for both PC and consoles. I read a large amount of novels in my free time(mostly science fiction) and enjoy studying physics and engineering.

I am know to wear a top hat on occasion(^that picture is actually me). Also, I like bacon.

-Zem

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/ZemPuzzles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 pm 

1) I'm an 18 year old from California, and currently seeking employment desperately.
2) My main twisty puzzles interest is in solving but I would love to learn about building.
3) I've been a puzzler for about nine months now, and can't understand the loss of interest some have! Too many puzzles to play with.
4) I've only ever built a 2x2x2 corner bandaged cube.
5) My collection is nearing 20 puzzles, probably worth $150 or so
6) Currently I only buy mass produced puzzles but I have at least one of every genre of puzzles I know of.
7) My most sentimental puzzle is my Square-1 because it is how I discovered there was more than Rubik's cubes out there!
8) Most of my puzzles are about 10-20 dollars so I doubt any would fetch more than 10 on Ebay :(
9) What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) Curvy Copter, b) Axis Cube, c) FangShi 3x3, d) 4x4 octohedron, e) Rex cube for having something to just turn idly
10) I draw pictures, Read books, play video games, and write stories [url=writerscfe.org/danevloviel]here[/url]
11) As far as I know I'm the only gay cuber I've ever interacted with.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:30 am 

Hi everyone, I'm the newbie. Nice to meet you all :)

Quote:
1) Age, location, profession?

I am 22 years old, I live in Flagstaff, AZ, and I work as an EMT in a substance abuse stabilization facility. I also volunteer as an EMT / Firefighter at a local fire department.

Quote:

I'm mainly interested in solving and collecting. I can solve a normal 3x3x3 in about 26 seconds, but I lost interest in speedsolving after learning full PLL and 2 look OLL. I got bored with doing the same puzzle over and over in the same way, so I started exploring big cubes, shape mods, and novel puzzles with different cuts and turning styles. I've been exploring the wonderful world of commutators and LBL style solves of big cubes (6x6x6 and up). Collecting became a natural extension of that inasmuch as the need to explore novel puzzles brought about the need for larger shelves to hold all the different puzzles that I currently own. Thankfully, my wife is... somewhat understanding. Confused, but understanding.

Building and modding are things that I've only begun to dip my toes into lately. I'm working up my courage to build a 3x5x5; how well that project goes will determine my willingness to invest more money into breaking new things. I've done some basic internal mods to my 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 speedcubes, but nothing earthshattering... yet.

Quote:

I've been doing this since July of this year. I spotted a Rubik's 3x3x3 in a Barnes & Noble and thought "How hard could it be?" After a few hours, I had it pretty well nailed down and my obsession has only grown from there.

Quote:

I collect twisty sticker boxes of all shapes and kinds; there's nothing that I currently consider off-limits in that realm. I'm not a huge fan of 2d puzzles and burr puzzles are boring to me.

Quote:

Hard to be sentimental when I'm not even a year in, but if I was forced to choose I'd say my Rubik's brand 3x3x3. Even though it's not a super speedy (or even really well built) puzzle, it was the catalyst that started my current interest in this hobby. One day, when I'm very old, I'll hand that puzzle down to one of my grandkids and use it to teach them.

Quote:

Probably my 6x6x6; I don't currently have a large amount of very expensive puzzles because I haven't run out of the cheap ones yet. I'm saving to get a couple pieces of the Radiolarian series though, so we'll see what happens soon.

Quote:

For solving, any of my large cubes are my favorites. Taking the time to sit down and solve a big cube is like a leisurely stroll through a park, especially layer-by-layer solves.

For appearance, definitely the Curvy Copter. It's such an elegant looking simple puzzle that confuses the heck out of anyone that sees it.

For feel, probably my Square-1. I'll admit, I hated the thing when it first came out of the box; it turned terribly and every single edge got caught in the middle of U and D turns. However, after popping out an edge and literally dumping the same amount of 50k differential lube that I used to lube a 7x7x7 into it, it turns smoother and faster than even my best speedcube. No catching, no gumminess, no squeaky spring noises, nothing. Just smooth, beautiful, finger-controlled turning.

For complexity, currently my Square-1 takes this title as well. It's a completely different style of puzzle; it really messed with my head for awhile before I figured it out watched Superantoniovivaldi's explanation that made me feel dumb. It seems simple now, but it's still novel enough to my mind that I consider it the most complex puzzle of my collection, though not for long...

Quote:

Lots! I play guitar, bass, piano, and I sing; I love to write and record music (mostly ambient doom metal); I write poetry and fiction; I practice Yoga, Olympic weightlifting, and distance running; I love cooking and baking; I enjoy landscape photography; I hike; and I adore public speaking and theater. Oh, and I drink coffee. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of wonderful black coffee. Does that count as a hobby? I think it should, because it fuels all my other hobbies.

Quote:

I'm an avid chilihead. I guess you could kind of say that I collect hot sauces, but that wouldn't be exactly right because I eat them before they can properly accumulate. I recently discovered a hot sauce store in Jerome, AZ that sells Satan's Blood, an 800,000 SHU extract that I've been using in soups. My wife tossed some into a tomato bisque the other day and it was rockin'.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:49 pm 

Hello. I am somewhat new on the Twisty Puzzles Forum. My name is Ezra, and I live in New Jersey. I am thirteen years old. My main interests are solving and collecting, and I have been interested in twisty puzzles for at least four years. I have about fifteen twisty puzzles in my collection. I tend to enjoy puzzles that are more unusual, and I almost never by shape mods. My most sentimental puzzle is probably the Backspin, because it is the first puzzle that I ever got. I got it when I was around 7, although I didn't really become interested in it until later. Another sentimental puzzle for me is the V-cube 7, because it was the first time that I solved a puzzle that most non-cubers would call difficult. (No offense to non-cubers.) The puzzle that I have that would be of the most monetary value on ebay is, although some people will be unhappy to hear this, a knockoff brand 11x11. My favorite puzzle that I have right now is probably either the Cubetwist AI cube, both because it is interesting to solve, and because I love how the tiles feel, or the [removed] 6x6, because I like the size and the turning. I also enjoy cast puzzles (specifically Hanayama puzzles) and puzzle computer games, such as the Myst series and the Submachine series. I also have three pet rabbits. Finally, I would like to add that I was a bit reluctant to post my age on this forum, because I was afraid that I wouldn't be taken as seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:03 pm 

I am 17, I live in Missouri in the U.S.A., I hope to become an engineer when I grow up (I'm not sure what kind, but I'm leaning towards aerospace), and I don't have an eBay ID.

My main twisty puzzle interest is not necessarily solving the cube, but understanding how to solve it and seeking out the most efficient way to solve the cube for various kinds of solving. I do like speedcube design and cube theory as well.

I first began learning to solve the 3x3 near the end of 2011. I have never really taken a break from cubing that lasted more than 2 weeks. Usually that only happens if I get very busy in school.

I have not actually built any puzzles, but I have many ideas for puzzles I'd like to design If I could get my hands on some CAD software.

I have a about 20 puzzles and its still growing. I got a number of them used from a friend. If I had to guess how much it was worth, I'd say $200.

I really like cube shaped puzzles, but that might just be because of the symmetry about them. I really like standard layered cubes, crazy cubes, and the curvy copter. I'd really like to add the 3x3x3 Dino Cube, the Master Cuvry Copter, Oskar's Twist and Slide, The Mix-up Cube, the 4x4 Mix-up Cube to my colection, and (maybe some day) the (E-Cube) Circle Gear Cube to my collection. I don't know if there's and kind of twisty puzzle I'd avoid. I don't seek out cuboids, but I've never gotten to try a jumble-able cuboid.

The puzzle that is residing in my brain and is yet to be designed. :mrgreen:

I think my crazy 3x3x3 (earth would cost the most money.

I don't know if I'd ever be able to pick just one. I really like my Crazy 3x3x3 (Earth), my Curvy Copter, and my 3x3-5x5 speedcubes.

I enjoy running, soccer, choral singing, chess, and certain video games (minecraft, Halo, RTS games, and a few odd games that I'm sure nobody else in the world knows about)

I have 4 brothers, no sisters, and I am the middle child.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:33 pm 

1) I'm Raphael, I'm 12, and I'm homeschooled
2) I'm a speedsolver.
3) Over a year. I started when I saw a cube in a stopre
4) I only do mods
5) 20, and about $100
6) I prefer cubes, but I like Megaminx, Pyraminx, and I want some cuboids
7) My Moyu Weilong. My best speedcube, and I've gained some notoriety on speedsolving.com for liking it.
8) My KO 7x7

I want to get into designing, and I like singing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:59 pm 

Age, location, profession, eBay ID?
- 24;
- The Netherlands;
- Mechanic (I assemble planetary gear boxes and winches)
- I'm not on eBay.

Is your main twisty puzzles interest solving, collecting, building, or something else?
Solving and just understanding the way things work. Not only puzzles but also the algorithms etc. And everything else in life.

How long have you been doing the above? If (like most of us) you lost touch with the field for a while, tell us the story! How did you get dragged back in?
Been buying and solving cubes for about a year now.

If you build puzzles, what have you built, and what are your current projects?
Haven't built anything, but I have designed some things in Skethup.

How many puzzles are in your collection? Would you dare estimate how much it's worth?
I have 11 puzzles, however, one is the DIY bandaged cube kit, so actually it's over 3000. I'm not very rich, so for me it's worth a lot!

How would you define the "boundaries" of your collection? In other words, which types of puzzles do you collect, and which puzzles do you avoid?
I buy cubes that look like fun to me and not too hard. I'm still very much a beginner. I hesitated to buy a 4x4x4 for a long time, but now it's one of my favourite puzzles =P

Which one of your puzzles is the sentimental favourite and why?
The flowerminx, because it's so far the only one I solved all by myself, with no hints, tips, tutorials or help whatsoever.

Which one would currently have the most monetary value on eBay?
Standard crazy tetrahedron. I won it from Rline in a youtube contest!

What is your favourite puzzle overall for: a) solving, b) appearance, c) feel, d) complexity, e) other reasons.
a) 4x4x4
b) flowerminx
c) 2x2x2
d) DIY bandaged cube kit
e) 3x3x9 and 2x2x4 because they're cuboids and I still have a lot to learn about those.

Enough about puzzles. Do you have any other hobbies?
Creating music in FL studio (mostly electronic metalcore-ish music, pretty experimental), watching youtube vid's about cubing, math(s), collecting and watching dvd series and movies, listening to music, going to church!

Is there anything else interesting about yourself that you'd like to share?
I'm 24 and married for almost 3 years now. That still amazes people everytime I tell them!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:39 am 

Welcome, 1NSAN3. I'm 23, and this May will be my four year anniversary. I completely understand people's weird reactions. Such is life, I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:07 am 

Quote:

My name is Kevin Cruijssen, 22 years old, I live in The Netherlands
Quote:

Collecting and Solving
Quote:

I got my first Rubik's brand 3x3x3 Cube in 2010. Wasn't been able to solve it for some time, until I found a method here: link (a pretty unused method I believe). The formulas for the H and Fish pattern were quite difficult for me to remember, so later I learned the famous "Beginner's Method", which I still use today to solve a 3x3x3.

In 2012 it was almost St. Nicholas (a Dutch traditional holiday similar to Christmas), and when I was looking around for things to ask I found a cheap 4x4x4 (5 dollars :lol:) and a QJ Pyraminx on a Chinese site (miniinthebox.com) and decides to order those. After waiting for almost 1,5 months till the package arrived :roll:, I had my second and third twisty puzzles. For a 5 dollar 4x4x4 it wasn't turning all that bad, but did have the occasional lock-up if everything wasn't aligned properly. So a few weeks later I decided to buy the Rubik's brand 4x4x4 which is more robust instead.

After that I bought more and more cubes, sometimes even 10+ cubes in a single order (mainly from lightake.com and hknowstore.com). Now in late 2013, early 2014 I try to not buy that many puzzles at once and save some money (also important for the future :lol: :wink:), so my only puzzles bought in 2014 are the Squished Skewb and Geranium Puzzle. I'm still waiting for both of those to arrive, since I've only ordered them a few days ago.
Quote:

Only puzzle I ever built was the 1x1x1 Cube. I made it from a normal 2x2 black Lego Block, plus a flat Lego piece attached to the top and another one glued at the bottom of it. After that it was a cube with all sides the same width (1,55 cm), and I made some "stickers" by gluing colored pieces of paper on top of it. The result can be found in my collection post link of my signature (after I've made that post later this evening ;)).

I did sometimes had some wild ideas for new puzzle mods, but never had the money nor time to try to make them. Maybe one day..
Quote:

Hmm.. 62 Twisty puzzles in my collection (from which 6 doubles of a different brand / picture) and around 15-25 non-twisty puzzles (like 3D puzzles, wooden / meta puzzles, etc.)

About the value.. pfwhoo.. Just a wild guess: 745 dollars (after giving each puzzle a value per 5 dollar and trying to remember the price I bought them for. Again, it's just a guess. I've only kept record of when and where I got my puzzles from, not how much they costed.) This is also the price I bought them for, not how much they will be worth now on eBay, since that's probably less.
Quote:

I mainly collect all different kind of twisty puzzles. I don't really avoid any kind of puzzles, though I don't really like wooden & metal puzzles as much as I used to (and I haven't got any new ones of those in more than five years now) and I also don't really like the Magic Puzzles (I've got the Magic and Master Magic, but since I barely solve them I never gonna buy any higher order of those.)
Quote:

The most sentimental one is either the Rubik's 3x3x3 Cube (my very first Cube), the Dayan Zanchi V 3x3x3 Cube (my only 3x3x3 Speed Cube), the 1x1x1 Cube I made myself or the Whip-It! Mini (mainly because I used to have an original Whip-It! of the 1980's, but threw it away during a cleaning when I was about the age of 14, before I started collecting puzzles..:cry:).
Quote:

Geranium Puzzle (38 dollars new from hknowstore) or the Latch Cube (32 dollars new from hknowstore). All other puzzles I got were between 1 to 30 dollars when I bought them. The value on eBay however I dunno, either my Geranium Puzzle or Gear Cube Extreme is the most valued one on eBay.
Quote:

My favorite puzzle overall at the moment is the 7x7x7. I prefer uneven layered puzzles in the line (3x3x3, 5x5x5, 7x7x7, etc.) myself, since I don't really enjoy fixing parities on the 4x4x4 I got.

• For solving also the 7x7x7.
  • For appearance either the Penguin 2x2x2 Shapemod or the 3x3x9 V2 fully scrambled.
  • For feel either the 3x3x3 Speed Cube or the 7x7x7, mainly because they both turn very well.
  • For complexity at the moment the Latch Cube, though I think it will soon be replaced by the Geranium Puzzle.
Quote:

Of course not, puzzling is my LIFE! jk :wink: I also like reading books, watching movies, playing video games (mainly Smite or TF2 atm), playing badminton (my sport). Some other hobbies I do occasionally, but only when I feel like it, are: writing science fiction books, collecting (fossils, mineral / gem stones, coins, post marks, pokémon / yu-gi-oh cards, and a lot more :lol:), drawing (haven't done that in a very long time though..).
Quote:

:scrambled: :arrow: :solved: I did it!
Not really. Maybe that I already made some posts about half a year ago, but forgot to introduce myself here..

Anyway, everyone lots of luck with collecting, solving, building or "whatever-else-you're-doing-with-your" puzzles.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:52 pm 

I'm 20, living in Savannah, Georgia (USA). I am a kitchen manager at Chipotle Mexican grill. My ebay ID is calebcox1234

I'm split between collecting and solving. In the middle of my first mod right now and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I learned to solve a rubik's cube 6 years ago but I didn't have the money to get new puzzles so I let it go. But last year I cam across a megaminx online, bought it, solved it, and haven't been able to stop collecting since.

Currently making a 2x4x4. If this goes well I will consider making a 5x5x5 barrel.

32. The combined value of all my puzzles is over $650, but almost half my puzzles have been gifts.

Since I'm still not drowning in money, I am unable to buy puzzles that aren't mass produced. I am strictly into twisties though.

I really like my fangshi 3x3 just because it kicked my collection into high gear. But this will likely be replace when I'm finished with my 2x4x4.

MF8 Teraminx.
a) moyu aosu
b) hexaminx
c) 3x3x7
d) witeden 4x4x4 mixup plus
e) lanlan octahedron because it's a confusing twist on a familiar puzzle

I'm a HUGE sports nut. Specifically basketball and football. I know, kind of conflicting with my obsession with puzzles.

I'm a devout follower of Jesus Christ and everything else in my life is below Him on my list of priorities. Got married at 19 and my lovely wife is very tolerant of my hobbies and she is second on my list of priorities.

Glad to find people with similar interests as myself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:19 am 

Hi, I'm new to the forum and would like to take the chance and introduce myself:

I'm Nick, 22, come from Switzerland, and I am studying electrical engineering.

So far I only collect and solve puzzles, but who knows what the future brings.

I got my first 3x3x3 cube around two years ago, and am an addict ever since. :)

-

My collection is quite small so far, around 10 puzzles. As each of them is easily obtainable on the internet, the worth is quite small, a few 100$.

I try to keep my collection rather slim, so I don't buy too similar cubes. E.g. I only have a Gear Cube Extreme, but no "normal" or Ultimate one.

My first 3x3x3 cube of course has most sentimental value for me, since it got me into liking cubes and puzzles in the first place.

None of my cubes has more than 40$ value.

My absolute favourites are the 3x3x3 cube and the Curvy Copter.

I'm studying full-time and working some hours beside that, so I don't have as much leisure time as I would like. Anyhow I do some sports (jogging, swimming) and go scuba diving.

Well, I think you got some information on me now. If I missed something, feel free to ask me directly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8