Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stickers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:39 am 

I have visited factories that make the puzzles, I have visited warehouses and tonight, I finally got to visit the place that makes the stickers. It's a pretty cool setup. This machine prints (the Meffert's Challenge bit), cuts, removes the waste. It's pretty nifty. I've been wanting to go there, and finally got the chance today. I even managed to sneak out with a few samples of some nifty new stickers that may be coming soon. If not....well, I have some nifty new stickers.

All photos are on my phone, and for some reason, I can't load them to TP from there. I have managed the videos and they can be seen here and here (this one freaked me out!

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Stickers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:27 pm 

Location: The land of dreams, coincedentally located in Alberta
Is there any way to buy "Mefferts Challenge" or "Oskar/Tony Fisher/designer name" replacement stickers? Or is the only alternative to use this method of making your own logo-text?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:26 pm 

I've been waiting for something like this for years. Great videos Rox.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:56 pm 

You're welcome Tony.

And for those of you that re wondering, "Tony Stickers" is NOT Tony Fisher. I have 3 Tony's in my phone, and Uwe asks me to call Tony when we are meeting him-I've made a few mistakes because I didn't put in a surname for a friend, so now the sticker guy is "Tony Stickers" See, no relation! :lol:

When I go to work next week, I'll see if I can't download the phone photos. My computer still doesn't like to recognize it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:24 am 

GoombaGeek wrote:
Is there any way to buy "Mefferts Challenge" or "Oskar/Tony Fisher/designer name" replacement stickers? Or is the only alternative to use this method of making your own logo-text?

It is unlikely you will be able to buy them. It would be too easy for people to buy cheap KOs and add the stickers to give the impression they were genuine.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 pm 

Tony Fisher wrote:
GoombaGeek wrote:

It is unlikely you will be able to buy them. It would be too easy for people to buy cheap KOs and add the stickers to give the impression they were genuine.

True, and personnaly you don't really need that sticker to know that the puzzle been made from you favorite puzzles dessigners :D .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:14 pm 

Drake wrote:
Tony Fisher wrote:
GoombaGeek wrote:

True, and personnaly you don't really need that sticker to know that the puzzle been made from you favorite puzzles dessigners :D .

That's good. (My Gear Cube Extreme "Mefferts Challenge" sticker has a single hair underneath it...)

Somewhat related: I just got some Cubesmith stuff today, and I'm VERY happy with the Helicopter Cube tiles.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm 

THAT IS NOT FAIR! If anyone should get a hair, it should be me! I mean I do a lot of running around and helping out for Uwe. I want that hair!

Back ON TOPIC: These machines don't make tiles. Those knives for cutting the stickers are very sharp, but very easy to break. They don't use them for cutting tiles. I was told the knives, if treated properly, would cut over 100,000 sets of stickers. I was also told the Gear cube stickers are a pain in the bum. :lol:

Besides, Cubesmith is in the States, Tony Stickers is in HK. Again, geographically impossible to be one and the same.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:40 pm 

Maybe it's your hair in my cube :o

I'm surprised that the gear cube stickers are difficult - the fisher-style ones would obviously be horrible to apply by machine, but the normal ones don't seem too small or fiddly to me.