Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The mysterious case of the self-solving puzzle!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 am 

Any one who knows Rox personally knows she always wears skinny jeans. Like the little man on Alley McBeal, I can't stand pants that make noise. It drives me round the bend.

You probably also know that I constantly have to be doing something. I hate idle time. (a big part of the reason I have such a large collection and work so much)

You might also know that I always have a puzzle of some sort in my bag: a word search, a twisty, a slide, or any other that catches my eye in the morning when I leave for work (yes, I do change them out every day-that's why they are all mucked up)

I'm a fiddler, and puzzles help me concentrate through fiddling, they also keep me from becoming bored and having to entertain myself in my head (a very scary thing to for anyone-myself included :lol: )

For quite a few years now I've had a friend telling me I should wear looser trousers-bad for the circulation in my legs he says-and why he's looking at the tightness of my trousers is beyond me :roll: :lol:

Well today, I decided that perhaps he is right. I might need to 'loosen up' a bit in my lower apparel.

This morning the puzzle that caught my eye was io's IPP exchange puzzle It's a tiny little thing. Only 7 pieces and none of them are more than an inch to an inch and a half square.

I put it in my left pocket as I left the house thinking I would have time for the fiddle factor during various bits of down time in between my lessons. As luck would have it, today was one of those 'make up for everything you didn't do earlier in the week' sort of days. The puzzle never left my pocket.

When I got home this evening, I emptied out all the various bits and pieces that end up in my pockets throughout the day (how in the world I managed to get 3 whiteboard markers in there I will never know :shock: )

io's puzzle came out with all the rest of the odds and ends, and much to my surprise, It was disentangled!!! :shock:

It is now obvious to me that my skinny jeans are just a bit too skinny if they can solve burrs without any help from me. :lol: :lol: Time to go shopping for clothes!

Now, I'm curious. Has this or anything like it ever happened to any of you? And io, what in the world do those letters spell? It doesn't make any word known to me! And I'm pretty verbose! :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: The mysterious case of the self-solving puzzle!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 am 

I'm totally serious....

There was a day i put a rubik's cube in my pocket (I was wearing enormous pants :P) and when I pulled it out, it was solved....

My theory? Somebody stole it while I wasn't looking, and put it back solved. But, maybe not. It's a hard thing to take out of someone's pants.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Post subject: Re: The mysterious case of the self-solving puzzle!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm 

A 3x3x3 in the pocket solved is just a tad bit bigger than the one in my pocket.

Sorry about the photo guys. I've changed the link so it's now viewable to the pubic without having to log in. :oops: