Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Mefferts Pyramorphix Video
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:21 pm 

Hey guys if you want to see the new Mefferts pyramorphix I just uploaded a video via youtube.

I just uploaded the video so the quality will not be good, but it will be good in a bit.... my new camera is awesome.

This puzzle is very fun and as like all Mefferts puzzles... very good quality.

Heres the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bopktau-dd8

hope you guys like it.

Post subject: Re: New Mefferts Pyramorphix Video
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:20 am 

Nice to see they're arriving already. Thanks for the video. Can you tell me how big they are? Is it the same size as pyraminx?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:48 am 

Alex wrote:
Nice to see they're arriving already. Thanks for the video. Can you tell me how big they are? Is it the same size as pyraminx?

yes I forgot to do a size comparison

I just added a footnote to the video also

the puzzle is exactly the same size as the pyraminx

a lot bigger than I expected

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:24 am 

Nice :) Can't wait for mine. Still waiting for the ones without packaging to appear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:53 pm 

I just got a reply from Meffert's regarding the Pyramorphix without the hex packaging. They said that they are not available yet. I responded by asking them to explain how the exact same puzzle that is available with packaging is not available without packaging. I also pointed out that I ordered mine before the hex packaging version was even available. I'm awaiting a response to that inquiry. :?

- Billy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:39 am 

I think they have already sent out those puzzles some of us ordered for $16 before they changed the price. The e-mail they sent soon after said they were going to send them at the end of last week. When only the packaged version appeared on their site, I assumed they are just going to take a few out of the package and send them to those who "preordered". That's only speculation/wishful thinking on my part, though.

Please let us know if they reply, although if they really did send them at the end of last week, mine should be here in a few days in which case I'll let you know :D

Post subject: Re: New Mefferts Pyramorphix Video (Pyradiamond available)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:15 am 

I ordered the $16 version without hex-box. When I checked my online order, it was changed to $24 (!). I asked them to explain this. The reply I got is already on the forum (it's an other item with hex-box) and I don't have to pay extra.

Now they're doing the same with the Pyradiamond that came available this morning: it was anounced at $12 now it is available in hexbox at $18 and the $12 version is set to 'remind when available'. I really don't get it: it would be nice if Mefters would offer customers a choice.

(since this not about the vid anymore, feel free to move this post to another thread)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:01 pm 

this doesnt need to be moved to another thread.... no need

i was only showing people the new puzzle.... i could care less if this topic is hijacked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 pm 

Alex wrote:
I think they have already sent out those puzzles some of us ordered for $16 before they changed the price. The e-mail they sent soon after said they were going to send them at the end of last week. When only the packaged version appeared on their site, I assumed they are just going to take a few out of the package and send them to those who "preordered". That's only speculation/wishful thinking on my part, though.

Please let us know if they reply, although if they really did send them at the end of last week, mine should be here in a few days in which case I'll let you know :D

I thought that but in an other e-mail they said they wouldn't be ready until the end of the month. The end of the month was yesterday, so I have absolutely no idea. The money hasn't been taken out of my account yet either.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:22 pm 

Alright, I just received a reply to my last email. This is the exact email:

Crystal from Meffert's wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your email. Please note that we made a mistake on 15th July,2009. The Pyremorphinx in Hex box ($24) version was available on 15th July,2009, but we put the Pyramorphinx with Fluorescent labels($16) version in stock on our website. When we discovered this mistake, we already received many orders (including yours)for Pyramorphinx with Fluorescent labels($16) . What we could do is just holding these orders until the Pyramorphinx with Fluorescent labels($16) version is available.

We’re very sorry to keep you waiting. But please note that Pyramorphinx with Fluorescent labels($16) will soon be available.

Crystal

Mefferts Puzzles & Game

I'm going to continue my contact with them in hopes that they don't just hold my money until they decide to take several puzzles out of the Hex box, which is all they need to do, and say that they are now in stock. Notice they said that the $16 version would be available soon...I'm trying to find out from them just how soon we're talking here...two weeks/two months? I mean, how long does it take to take a few puzzles on the box? :?

I'll keep you guys posted. Has anyone else heard/received anything?

- Billy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:36 pm 

Mefferts mailed me at 16/7 (as posted before) the $16 version will be "available by the end of next week". The choice of words is a source of confusion, but it definately should have been shipped by now. My online order was fist showing the original $16, then $24 (which they explained) and now $0: more confusion, guess I'm going to send another mail.......