Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ebay error help ):
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 am 

Hi all

I was on Ebay last night (on my first ever auction) and I was bidding on the last minute of an auction. Its was a very rare puzzle, which only 50 were ever made. So I bid on the last few seconds much higher than all the other bidders and I thought I won. But an error message showed up on my screen, saying you have too many unpaid items in your basket. But this was going to be my first ever purchase. So the puzzle was givem to the second place bidder. I was VERY angry that whole night.
Can someone help me with this. Has anyone ever had the same problem as me? Or has an error message popped up on your scteen at the end of an auction.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Ebay error help ):
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:23 am 

I have no idea of your knowledge or previous experience using ebay but-
Is it possible that you were previously adding things to the basket when you intended to just watch them?
Yes, I have had things come up that prevented a bid. Having to sign in again was certainly one, I forget the others but I have never had the basket thing.
Although too late now, I would strongly advise someone buying something for the first time on a new account to do at least one test bid just to make sure everything is set up correctly and working.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 am 

I doubt it will help, but have you contacted ebay customer service? They might be able to find proof of your higher bid.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:34 am 

Thank you for the replies. Well I talked to Ebay customer service and they advised me to talk to the seller. Tell him about the error and see if he could sell it to me, as he has not posted the item out yet. I have sent the seller a message, now I am waiting for a reply.