Great! Now I need to update my offline pages...
I'm really sorry if this has made things annoying for anyone else. Trust me, it's made it just as annoying for me! Google owns blogger and you'd think google being google they'd have the resources so that when you change the url of the blog, all the internal links change. But no...apparently that's beyond their capabilities. End rant.
You should update all links. There are still several links that point to the old URL, particularly in Rubik's cube posts.
Yes, thanks for this. if the same problem is happening now, it may be your cache. You're right that the Rubik's cube pages were still showing the same link. This is doubly weird, since the way I changed the internal links was to export the whole blog, search and replace, then import the updated blog. It changed the links, apart from those rubik's cube pages and apart from the link list on the right.
All links *should* be right now.
Hey rline, I've always taken your solving strategies to be basically:
1) Find the shortest, easiest to understand commutators for each piece
2) Arrange the solve order to maximize the use of [1,1] commutators and then finish with the pure [3,1] commutators
Pretty much. But in truth, "my" solving strategy has been to be a well-trained parrot of Philip Marshall
The problem (self-made) which I caused for myself was that I was so enraptured with the simplicity of the ultimate solution method (which of course now I recognise as just a couple of well-chosen commutators) that I wanted to solve all my TPs using the same method. Most of the time it's fine.
It sounds like your name change and focus change is on solving more puzzles with short efficient commutators. I think this is great
But of course there were some where it became so much more taxing to keep it "ultimate-friendly" that it defeated the purpose of simplicity.
One example is the crazy 3x3x3 planets. Having to remember the different commutators and face types on the left, right, up, whatever is too much. Reduction certainly helps with those. Another good example is the big block cube. Sticking to ultimate method, the edges are fine, but then the corners...Having only two faces to turn presents a problem. I spent a lot of time on that one. I did come up with
[(FR'F'R)X2 F (R'FRF')X2 F'] X 2
in the end, and while it's ok, it's still too long. And considering a sune does the job easily (so I'm told by a few TP members!) it makes more sense now to think about incorporating a few other methods.
One thing won't ever change: the solution must be simple! I guess my goal is to be able to pick any of my puzzles off a shelf and remember how to solve them. I'm not there yet.
Anyway, I welcome any other comments or suggestions. (And if you find rogue unchanged links, PM me